The Case for Eddie Howe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's a loyalty thing.

Are you also browsing the market for when your lass pops her clogs?
Do you think chairmen/execs only look for new managers once the current one is sacked?
"Let's sack him" "Oh ok, sacked." "hmm, what now?" "Fuck knows?"

Limited resources? We've spent £130m in the Prem. Bournemouth didn't spend that in their first 2 seasons.

Live in the here and now. We've spent £130m. We're only able to look at loans in January, and summer signings will likely be funded by who we offload due to parachute payments being reserved for paying off our mortgage.

You'd be bringing in a manager with his hands tied behind his back who doesn't have the goodwill in the bank that Wilder does. If he didn't hit the ground running, Bramall Lane would be a rather edgy place to be once fans are able to return.

I'd also argue that prices between when they first went up and when we first went up increased dramatically, but that's another argument.

Last edited:
While in terms of league position and status under Adkins, we were at an all time low but at the very least we had a team that scored the odd goal and won the odd game which gave Wilder some remnants to work with, at least knowing who to keep and who to shift.

Problem is now that the mess we're in is one that he's central to and probably can't see the woods for the trees because it's difficult to be able to stand back and look yourself in the mirror to say "how have I managed to fuck this up?". If (when) we go down, and he leaves at whatever point that comes, only then will he be able to stand back and see where things went wrong because in the here and now in the goldfish bowl that he and all other managers work in, there isn't time to do that.
Everything we've been trying so far just hasn't worked. He says it's not the system but we've been persisting and nothing has changed. If we lost games 3-2 instead of 3-0, we'd at least know where our weaknesses are. With 1 point in 12 games, what's the harm in going 4 at the back and trying to attack?

The journey we've come on under Wilder has been undeniable but is the only thing keeping him here alongside the fact that if he was to be sacked, who would we get and who would want the job in these circumstances? Any other manager with the record we've got would shown be the door.

Leicester sacked Ranieri after winning the league so Chris Wilder isn't immune

Do you think chairmen/execs only look for new managers once the current one is sacked?
"Let's sack him" "Oh ok, sacked." "hmm, what now?" "Fuck knows?"
They don't post on here.

People shouldn't be speculating, we have a manager and he should have full support till there comes a time he's no longer our manager.

It's a loyalty thing.

They don't post on here.

People shouldn't be speculating, we have a manager and he should have full support till there comes a time he's no longer our manager.

It's a loyalty thing.

Don’t bother he’s set up this thread so he can run back to his mates on shoutbox saying oh look at the thread I’ve started wait till they all start having a go at me! Light the blue touch paper he said if memory serves me correct!

Don’t bother he’s set up this thread so he can run back to his mates on shoutbox saying oh look at the thread I’ve started wait till they all start having a go at me! Light the blue touch paper he said if memory serves me correct!
🤣 🤣 🤣 You're so very normal. I wish I was as normal as you.

That literally makes no sense to be honest but I’m sure it’s edgy in some way! Get yourself back to shout box now and tell you mates how you got em all hooked!
Why don't you throw some more exclamation marks in? Really make the point known

You've got a like from georgebernardshaw, you're pulling out all the stops now

People keep saying ‘I see people talking about Wilder leaving but there’s no viable alternative’ - I’ve got one. Eddie Howe.
For some reason some of our fans scoff at him? Eh? What’s not to like apart from him being southern?

Pros:
  • Plays attacking football, we might score 2 goals in a game and maybe more than 1 from open play every 12 games.
  • Likes players with pace, so we might see some counter attacks that don’t take the same time it takes to watch the Star Wars collection in full
  • Has plenty of PL experience, more than our club has got actually
  • Has promotion experience, shows he knows how to spend money in the leagues below in order to get over the line
  • Comes across as a likeable bloke who the players would get along with
  • Has had 2 of our most expensive players already so will know ho

Cons:
  • Southern
  • Failed at Burnley in only Northern job 7 years ago or something
  • Has a relegation on his CV (although that was double points at least, unlike what we’ll achieve)
  • Defensively Bournemouth were poor, so we might be as bad as we are now
  • Is apparently waiting for Celtic or something
  • Looks like he might burst into tears at any minute

Shouts for Big Sam, Curbishley, Redknapp, Warnock, whoever else should be laughed at rightfully.
But if we need a new manager from these shores, I don’t see a better option than South Coast Eddie.

This isn’t a Wilder out post before I get called reactionary, a pig, a doom merchant, a troll, whatever else. But when you lose 15 league games out of 16, score 1 open play goal in that time, have scored 2 goals in the calendar year 3 times, have a manager making very very bizarre decisions (that lineup yesterday ffs), and are playing football that Morecambe would turn their nose up at - I think you’re entitled to start thinking of alternatives.

South Coast Eddie, he’s the man. If he can’t do it, no one can.
I’d suggest that if we were to move on from wilder now the opportunity may come too soon for him.

I rate him as a manager but he stepped away from Bournemouth and football at large because of the strain that season had put on him.

therefore I’d suggest that he probably needs a minute more time away from the game to recover and recharge and also a job up north away from his family and support networks where he’ll likely have to live in the hotel and come into a highly stressful situation and try and turn around another struggling team probably isn’t the kind of first job back he’ll take I wouldn’t be surprised to see him take a kind of gateway job to ease himself back into it maybe an age group job with England.

CW is already assured legend status whatever happens but another couple of months of performances like yesterday and there will be mob violence in the car park

He did fantastic with Bournemouth but got some injuries last season and it began to unravel. Some of his post match interviews last season were much like CW's this. "it is what it is" I seem to recall in one of them.

Also the reason he left Burnley was because he and his wife couldn't settle in the north.

Last edited:
He did fantastic with Bournemouth but got some injuries last season and it began to unravel. Some of his post match interviews last season were much like CW's this.

Also the reason he left Burnley was because he and his wife couldn't settle in the north.
His mum died, which didn't help I don't think

Haven't you got someone to be stabbing in the back or something.
Do run along now. Chop chop.
Did you support Adkins until he was sacked? Clough? Weir? Never consider an alternative?

Did you support Adkins until he was sacked? Clough? Weir? Never consider an alternative?
Bizarrely I was against sacking Adkins because I thought we'd just bring another shit manager in and I thought that another payoff was unnecessary expense.

You’re a strange cookie Chad seriously you have only been on here for a few months yet are living on here and chat box spouting the same stuff over and over and over again. How old are you seriously? You come across as someone who spends a lot of time in your bedroom waiting for mummy to shout your down for tea. Do you not get enough attention as a baby?

You’re a strange cookie Chad seriously you have only been on here for a few months yet are living on here and chat box spouting the same stuff over and over and over again. How old are you seriously? You come across as someone who spends a lot of time in your bedroom waiting for mummy to shout your down for tea. Do you not get enough attention as a baby?
Yeah I've only been on a few months mate, that's right

Let me get this right. You’re proposing to replace a man who hasn’t really failed yet, with a man who has failed twice?
'Hasn't really failed yet' - buddy. Have I got news for you. We are down...
And at least Bournemouth went down with a bit of fight, scoring goals, trying. We look like a League 2 side having days out.

Back
Top Bottom