Wilders biggest test in 3 years

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Starts now. An amazing 3 years has now come to a close and Wilder will have the biggest test of his career now, everything's great when your winning games, the hardest thing to recover from is a run of losses, tipped to be good enough for the big clubs, time to prove himself on the otherside of the coin now.

6 competetive games lost in a row, no goals scored this season in the league, its gonna be a long season.

No, this isn't a slating Wilder thread, or a kneejerk reaction either. What he's done is remarkable, i really hope he has what it takes to get us out of this hole. I'm sure he does.
I was worried for a moment. I thought he’d got Covid symptoms! If it’s just about football that’s no problem. He’ll pass the test. 👍

It's a cracking shirt. Best away kit since the classic luminous number of 89/90. I love pink and yes I am a man. I think there are more pressing concerns than the colour of the away kit.

Why I ask myself can't Mr Wilder see what the real problem is , it's staring him in the face ,
We will never do anything in PINK SHIRTS !!!!!!
It's not manly, in fact it's bloody embarrassing ....... :mad:

Serious question here. Of our next 5 league games, where do you see our first point/s coming? and realistically how many do you think we will get out of our next 6?

Leeds
Arsenal
Fulham
Liverpool
Man City
Chelsea

I say we'll get 1 maybe 3 against Fulham, out of our first 8 games, would your opinion then still be the same as now?
First 3 games I said ( posted on here ) 3-5 points from our first 3 games , and I’d say 3-5 points from our next 5 games after that ,

1973-74

0-2 vs Burnley H and 0-2 vs Wolves A. Then a 2-1 win at Chelsea before a fabulous 5-0 demolition of Arsenal.
Also lost the first 4 league games in 1966-67 and we finished 10th at the end of the season

First 3 games I said ( posted on here ) 3-5 points from our first 3 games , and I’d say 3-5 points from our next 5 games after that ,

So you think from our first 6 we'll have 6 pts, but possibly as manay as 10? I hope you're right as that'll be good in our current position.

So you think from our first 6 we'll have 6 pts, but possibly as manay as 10? I hope you're right as that'll be good in our current position.
Thought that was a realistic total , and something to build on ,
Or should I be like Dem pigs 🐷 and think we’re better then we actually are ?

Thought that was a realistic total , and something to build on ,
Or should I be like Dem pigs 🐷 and think we’re better then we actually are ?

Its realistic, just not sure we will hit that on current form.

Its realistic, just not sure we will hit that on current form.
It was always going to be tough v Wolves ( the start didn’t help )
Villa I though we’d get something out of ( after 15 mins that was gone
Burnley we played ok
Second half v Wolves we improved
V Villa thought there was good signs
Yup we need a striker , but I want a solid stable club
If we stay up this year I think the club will finally catch up with the team and will be in a better position to pay higher fees and wages
I think the team has gone faster than us our club thought was possible
3rd to prem in 3 seasons is quick
Still don’t think we’ll go done this season but it’ll be tough I give you that

It was always going to be tough v Wolves ( the start didn’t help )
Villa I though we’d get something out of ( after 15 mins that was gone
Burnley we played ok
Second half v Wolves we improved
V Villa thought there was good signs
Yup we need a striker , but I want a solid stable club
If we stay up this year I think the club will finally catch up with the team and will be in a better position to pay higher fees and wages
I think the team has gone faster than us our club thought was possible
3rd to prem in 3 seasons is quick
Still don’t think we’ll go done this season but it’ll be tough I give you that

Its a horrible thought that if we don't get owt from Fulham and Leeds we might go 8 games without a single point.

Its a horrible thought that if we don't get owt from Fulham and Leeds we might go 8 games without a single point.

even more horrible to think that if we lose 38 out of 38 this season we will have absolutely no points.

Starts now. An amazing 3 years has now come to a close and Wilder will have the biggest test of his career now, everything's great when your winning games, the hardest thing to recover from is a run of losses, tipped to be good enough for the big clubs, time to prove himself on the otherside of the coin now.

6 competetive games lost in a row, no goals scored this season in the league, its gonna be a long season.

No, this isn't a slating Wilder thread, or a kneejerk reaction either. What he's done is remarkable, i really hope he has what it takes to get us out of this hole. I'm sure he does.
If you were sure you wouldn't start this thread.

Screenshot_20200927-135228_FlashScore UK.jpg

Only team to not score a goal this season

6 defeats in a row in comptetive games

Wilders biggest test has started.

Can't score, lacking quality, 1 main defender out for a while. This is what many expected last season.

But we did not play badly, but you have to take your chances. I thought Leeds played us really well with plenty of width.

Gutted, absolutely gutted & no sign its going to get better. Cut adrift after 8 games without a doubt.

BUT>>>>I just have a feeling it will improve from December & we will stay up.

SB was excellent today for a positive.

Are you even the blade you claim to be ?
Every single post of yours is a dig.

Never got to grips with that winger putting crosses bang in middle of our centre backs.
Can see that being a tactic against us this season.
Mortified today. Shouldn't have lost, maybe if we'd gone defensive last few minutes to hang onto 1 point.
Yes I know we're at home, but getting 1 point and keeping a clean sheet would have been a small step keeping us off bottom.

Back
Top Bottom