Too Expensive

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You're asking the wrong person, fella. I don't really give a shit either way whether he's the fountain of ITK knowledge or a gobby charlatan. I just like taking the piss out of his tweets because it's funny. If you choose to believe him then that's fine. But I can see why many have an issue with him when a lot of his tweets are so vague.
Innit, if he knew for certain that something had happened, you would portray that in the tweets, it wouldn't be all wishy washy cryptic vague stuff.

Thats literally the definition of being wrong.

No its not , If he says we have made an offer for Lionel Messi that doesn't mean we are going to sign Lionel Messi

Not once has he ever said we are 100% signing a player he says we've bid or we are interested which has been shown to be correct

Innit, if he knew for certain that something had happened, you would portray that in the tweets, it wouldn't be all wishy washy cryptic vague stuff.

Aye ✅

I always find that less is more with people who claim to be ITK. Like our own Richard Cadette. Small bits of good information.

Tweeting all day every day about nothing more than rumours, regardless of what he’s heard in his circles, doesn’t strike me as being anything particularly new or even reliable information as far as I’m concerned.

There’s a huge difference between good information and speculation. Nixon and the others largely seem to comment on the latter.

I love how his every tweet is caveated with a "however...." to cover himself.

"Palace bid for Brewster....but Sheffield United and Villa still interested"

"Brewster too expensive for Sheffield United........at the moment"

"Sheffield United hopeful of Robinson.........but could go to Fulham"

No idea how much he knows but I can't
take him seriously.......yet

Question might not necessarily be that he's too expensive but there's better value for munneh ......£20m for unproven Brewster or £15 to £17m for an unproven Balogun plus A.N. Other, (Meite maybe?).

Said it a hundred times before.

Nixon clearly gets to know plenty but when he doesn't know he can't bring himself to say so due to his ego. Instead it's vague ambiguous stuff.

No its not , If he says we have made an offer for Lionel Messi that doesn't mean we are going to sign Lionel Messi

Not once has he ever said we are 100% signing a player he says we've bid or we are interested which has been shown to be correct

You’re changing the goalposts now though, that’s not what you said in your initial post.

So regarding Brewster then, Nixon would only be ITK if he broke it first which we can’t prove he did. Fact is, everyone knows about it, everyone knows who’s rumoured to be interested in him, speculating on what may or may not be happening regards him moving isn’t ITK, it’s reading between the lines and making assumptions that pretty much anyone could come to.

This Brewster situation is pretty standard for a transfer window. If anyone really was ITK in this transfer there’d be a significant piece of new info that they’d have. Nixon, as yet, hasn’t revealed anything like that.

I know for a fact this happened...........but if it didn't then I know for a fact that it didn't.

Agreed if you just read all the forums yourself you know as much as he does Everything is caveated . Off course United Fulham West Brom ,Brighton , Leeds And Burnley as shopping in the same market It does take a genius to work out who is going to be after who , add a bit of history and managerial connections and your nearly there

I don’t know what some people expect Nixon to say, he gets a fair bit right and not every bid turns into a completed deal. Most players we are in for will have more than one interested party so unless Nixon lives inside someone’s head and makes the decision for them he can never be 100%. What more can he say other than we want Brewster?

Ultimately like all professional ITK accounts from Nixon to Ornstein he probably does have contacts at certain clubs/agencies and so does at times hear snippets of information before they become general knowledge and so leverages these to write articles and generate traffic for his employers as any professional should. However, because he is also a social media presence he is asked constantly about rumours by fans of many clubs and he seems absolutely petrified of simply saying I don’t know in case he loses that perceived ITK status. So when he has no information he either parrots what the consensus seems to be at the time thereby playing the probabilities or issues some vacuous statement which actually says nothing as is the case here. He’s not malicious or misinformed he just comes across as have a very fragile ego and being unwilling to ever simply say I don’t know I haven’t got any information on that deal.

We are not in the championship you pay £20 Million for players like that Brewster is probably the highest rated forward in the championship £20 million is undervalued if he had a full season for Swansea and scored 20/25 he would be way out of our league

How much did Haller/Joelinton/Mcburnie/Watkiins/Maupay cost ?
I disagree with pretty much all that.
Brewster isn't the highest rated forward in the champsionship, he only played half a season for starters, and Watkins has already gone this window for £30M+.

All those players you listed had a better pedigree than Brewster as they'd played so many more games that your comparison is ridiculous.
Joelinton and Haller were also both considered over priced, as what Watkins.
You can't claim that Brewster is the highest rated player and that his £25M transfer represents market value, when the vast majority of clubs aren't in for him. All parts of that sentence cannot be true, otherwise we'd be in a bun fight with at least half a dozen teams and it wouldn't be taking forever while those that are interested are sitting tight with their valuation and seemingly not budging in order to get it done over each other.
That should tell you a lot.

I disagree with pretty much all that.
Brewster isn't the highest rated forward in the champsionship, he only played half a season for starters, and Watkins has already gone this window for £30M+.

All those players you listed had a better pedigree than Brewster as they'd played so many more games that your comparison is ridiculous.
Joelinton and Haller were also both considered over priced, as what Watkins.
You can't claim that Brewster is the highest rated player and that his £25M transfer represents market value, when the vast majority of clubs aren't in for him. All parts of that sentence cannot be true, otherwise we'd be in a bun fight with at least half a dozen teams and it wouldn't be taking forever while those that are interested are sitting tight with their valuation and seemingly not budging in order to get it done over each other.
That should tell you a lot.

Ok name me another striker rated higher in the championship right now?

Watkins is 24 Brewster is 20

Brewster has won the player of the tournament at the u18 World Cup the only reason he has just burst on the scene is he did his cruciate straight after that

His first 20 pro games he scored 10 and fired Swansea to the play offs not many players have done that

Ok name me another striker rated higher in the championship right now?

Watkins is 24 Brewster is 20

Brewster has won the player of the tournament at the u18 World Cup the only reason he has just burst on the scene is he did his cruciate straight after that

His first 20 pro games he scored 10 and fired Swansea to the play offs not many players have done that
He isn't in the Championship, but to answer your question; King, Brooks, Sarr, Deulofeu, just off the top of my head from those who went down.
If you're talking last season then you're putting him ahead of Watkins, Mitrovic, Bowen and once again, he has played 20 games in his entire career.

The world cup is all well and good, and feeds into his reputation but again the facts are, Liverpool want to sell him, only a couple of clubs are interested at the price being quoted and according to the Palace chairman that might actually only be one club interested.
If you can't see why there is clear evidence that the amount being asked isn't the going rate, or a rate considered in balance, then you're being deliberately blind just because you genuinely believe he's going to be a huge success.
All I'm saying is that your assumption has a large amount of doubt and risk attached to it, and that coupled with the price make it a deal we can't afford to get wrong.
Now at £15M, then that risk diminishes almost entirely, which is what I'm guessing is the level we're wanting to do the deal at and that sounds sensible to me.

Is that even true?
EDIT: Just checked. Do you mean golden boot not player of the tournament, and it was at at the u17s world Cup not the U18s?

Last edited:
They also rated Ben Woodburn 😬

what gets me is Ben Woodburn is getting match time this season in a Liverpool shirt (at youth level but still), yet Brewster, who’s the next big thing apparently, has yet to be in either a first team or youth team squad that I’ve seen this season. Surely that means he’s going somewhere before the window closes right?

He isn't in the Championship, but to answer your question; King, Brooks, Sarr, Deulofeu, just off the top of my head from those who went down.
If you're talking last season then you're putting him ahead of Watkins, Mitrovic, Bowen and once again, he has played 20 games in his entire career.

The world cup is all well and good, and feeds into his reputation but again the facts are, Liverpool want to sell him, only a couple of clubs are interested at the price being quoted and according to the Palace chairman that might actually only be one club interested.
If you can't see why there is clear evidence that the amount being asked isn't the going rate, or a rate considered in balance, then you're being deliberately blind just because you genuinely believe he's going to be a huge success.
All I'm saying is that your assumption has a large amount of doubt and risk attached to it, and that coupled with the price make it a deal we can't afford to get wrong.
Now at £15M, then that risk diminishes almost entirely, which is what I'm guessing is the level we're wanting to do the deal at and that sounds sensible to me.

Is that even true?
EDIT: Just checked. Do you mean golden boot not player of the tournament, and it was at at the u17s world Cup not the U18s?

I see a lot of posts saying player X is not proven not good enough etc.....

So who should we sign then ?

You're moving the goalposts now. The point being made is he isn't worth £25M and he's unproven.
I want Brewster, Balogun and one of the Norwich lads on loan, but I wouldn't pay over £18M upfront on Rhian because we don't have the funds to take the risk.
Funnily enough, CWAK and Bettis don't give too much of a fuck as to what I want.

Wilder said we don't have the money to buy proven, special players at this level.
He pointed out how much Villa have put Grealish on and said that we need to make more 'gamble type signings'.
I think he then went on to reference Ravel last year and Burke in a similar capacity for this one.

Any player under 23 can have their credentials and ceiling questioned. Whether we get a hotshot from the lower leagues or an up and comer from the higher ones... someone will always question how proven they are.
They arent, and they won't be, until a team like us take a gamble on them.

Back
Top Bottom