Match Thread Aston Villa v. Sheffield United - 21st September 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

AVIL
AVIL
AVIL

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1600674210859.png v. 1600674219333.png
EPL Week 2 - Monday 21st September 2020 - Villa Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/aston-villa-vs-sheffield-united.510/

Officials:

Referee:
Graham Scott
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
Video Assistant Referee: Mike Dean
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Darren Cann

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 08.45.25.png

There has been microscopic glimmers of hope this second half. But overall extremely poor.

possession 1/10
Game plan 1/10
Defending 5/10
Goal threat 2/10
Creativity 1/10
Shit hoofing 10/10
Running around a lot 10/10
Officials 4/10
Relegation candidates 6/10

on a positive note burke has looked less shit than expected.
One poor game, and one game with poor refereeing and you are tipping us to go down? If you can't stand some hard times, why be a blade?

I think some of our fans need to steel themselves over the next month or two with games we have coming up.

Burke made some great runs, when you have 10 men you've got to try a killer ball to split the defence. We've turned around and passed it backwards.

One poor game, and one game with poor refereeing and you are tipping us to go down? If you can't stand some hard times, why be a blade?

Can you grow up. We’ve not looked like scoring once, same with the Wolves game. You can’t blame officials for us not offering anything. He’s no less of a blade for stating facts, so stop playing that card.

Hopefully we can sort the striker situation out and look at buying/loaning a creative RCM

2 poor games and half a poor season last year. we have no creativity on the pitch after weve been crying out for it for ages. No improvements apart from more runners. This is what happens when you have no technical ability on the pitch.

Can you grow up. We’ve not looked like scoring once, same with the Wolves game. You can’t blame officials for us not offering anything. He’s no less of a blade for stating facts, so stop playing that card.
I never "played that card". I asked why bother if all you do is spread negativity?
We have gotten a penalty with ten men, yet we havent looked like scoring once?

2 poor games and half a poor season last year. we have no creativity on the pitch after weve been crying out for it for ages. No improvements apart from more runners. This is what happens when you have no technical ability on the pitch.
Half a poor season? If you only look at the second half season we would finish ninth.

We can take lots of positives from this game, it certainly isn't the end of the world to lose here given the circumstances, should have been different if Lunny put the pen away, but ce la vi's.

Burke has shown a lot of quality, maybe his performance up top on his own would see Wilder put an extra man in midfield, maybe he would work well with Mcburnie, but he certainly looks like he can bring something to the team.

I love this team and I have no doubt we can return to the quality we have seen before, we need more players not afraid to take someone on and create something on their own, Berge, Baldock, Stevens, all show they are capable of taking a man on and creating something, we show we can play nice flowing passing football, we just haven't been.

We move on to the next game.

Half a poor season? If you only look at the second half season we would finish ninth.

ourpost lockdown form must have been worse than that. We grounded out some results but we were a different team from pre-lockdown. Started going long a lot more and lost our flair.

He seems to think he’s so much better than he actually is. That penalty summing it up. Does my head in.
Just casually gave the ball away in really dangerous positions and hardly even tried to get back. He is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is

Only real positive from that match was Burke looked really lively.

Egan stupidly not learning from last season has ultimately cost us the match should learn not to put his hands all over the man not rocket science.

We need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves. We lost because of our own mistakes. (Red card and missed pen.) We need to pull our socks up and make sure we get something from the Leeds game.

We also need to get a striker in. And quick.

That's right, being down to 10 men was our fault, not something that happened to us (like an injury for example). That was the case against Wolves a few years back when Leon Clarke tore them a new arsehole, and it's the same now just in the other direction.

ourpost lockdown form must have been worse than that. We grounded out some results but we were a different team from pre-lockdown. Started going long a lot more and lost our flair.

We only played 10 or 11 games post lockdown so it's not half a season is it.

Reactions: CW7
Post lockdown we got what? 10 points from 9 games? Not great, but a lot better than relegation.

Tbf I think we will end up in a similar position to Villa and so losing just 1-0 with 10 men away from home is not the worst result in the first world. Would be optimistic on us picking up points in the home game. Wolves will also be a top team this season, so can't complain about not picking up points there. Just means the next 3 games are crucial, ideally 6 points minimum needed.

Thought they did okay considering. Egan unlucky or a fool. With hand across his chest Egan should have just gone down.

Ref conned by Villa falling over all the time.

I realise we were down to 10 men so I cant really gripe but There is absolutely no service to the strikers so I dont care who we get they are going to look shit unless they set up the chances themselves, and to be honest it was the same last season, who knows, the strikeforce we already have could be good enough with a creative midfielder behind them

Back
Top Bottom