Match Thread Aston Villa v. Sheffield United - 21st September 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

AVIL
AVIL
AVIL

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1600674210859.png v. 1600674219333.png
EPL Week 2 - Monday 21st September 2020 - Villa Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/aston-villa-vs-sheffield-united.510/

Officials:

Referee:
Graham Scott
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
Video Assistant Referee: Mike Dean
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Darren Cann

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 08.45.25.png

It's like watching a Greek tragedy. Red card, missed penalty, what else can go against us?
Maybe we go down to 9 and then lose by a spozzy own goal.

Why didn't Berge take the penalty? He scored a great one in the shoot out at Burnley.
A goal line technology fuck up to top it off I reckon

Daft thing is, if Egan takes him out while the ball is in the air he probably doesn’t get a red. He can’t let him go cause if he does, he’s not catching him again.

If it’s a foul then it probably is a red the way its happened.

Ramsdale worries me on crosses around the six yard box. 2 great defensive headers saved his blushes. Pity about the penalty miss, fancy we might have seen it out with something to hang onto.

One positive we can take so far that Burke has looked lively and played a quality ball in that won us the penalty.

We have nothing to lose we are expected to to lose the game now anyway might as well just go for it and put them under as much as we can.

The Ref. was 40-50 yards away, behind the incident, and in no postion to give any sort of decision. Blades fighting well. Hope we don't lose to a dubious goal now.

Watkins was offside for the red card they never even checked that
I’m glad someone else had said that. I’m certain he was a step off when the ball was played. Yet again VAR fails to pick that up.

Noticed they checked all eventualities for our pen including Burke’s ball to check whether bash was off.

The inconsistency of this drives me insane

Thought myself it was like watching a poor Championship match.

I thought Villa would be stronger this season but even though its only their first game they look no better whatsoever.

Probably tempting fate.

They've been miles better than us though. Weve just loaded the box and hoofed it away to nick a 0-0 draw. We look miles off where we were last season. We should be concerned!

Seemed like an easy call for the ref. You can see Egan holding him back and you don't need to be up close for that. Plus the ref knows it's getting a VAR check automatically. And it was the right decision. If Egan doesn't foul him Watkins is getting to the ball and past him.

No excuses, just a bad decision from Egan that early in the game.

Ramsdale worries me on crosses around the six yard box. 2 great defensive headers saved his blushes. Pity about the penalty miss, fancy we might have seen it out with something to hang onto.

I think Ramsdale is great but he's not looked confident so far, 2 shit games in general for him to get started with us though, needs to have a breakout performance asap to get him settled, a clean sheet tonight might help..

Are you aware we're down to 10 and having to defend like mad? Get the point but is that really your takeaway from this half?

Our fans are absolutely terrified of us going down and Leeds staying up this season, can tell you that for sure

Seemed like an easy call for the ref. You can see Egan holding him back and you don't need to be up close for that. Plus the ref knows it's getting a VAR check automatically. And it was the right decision. If Egan doesn't foul him Watkins is getting to the ball and past him.

No excuses, just a bad decision from Egan that early in the game.
That sounds good, however it's missing the part where Watkins also has his arms all over Egan.

Are you aware we're down to 10 and having to defend like mad? Get the point but is that really your takeaway from this half?

Being down to 10 men is of our own making, as is missing a penalty.

I’m glad someone else had said that. I’m certain he was a step off when the ball was played. Yet again VAR fails to pick that up.

Noticed they checked all eventualities for our pen including Burke’s ball to check whether bash was off.

The inconsistency of this drives me insane
Check our penalty from every angle and every build up yet red card given within 20 secs

its a valid point.
To be fair our circumstances have been difficult but every other teams been scoring consistently.

Don't worry mate, a lot on here seem to think we don't need goals.

Interesting, I'm a frequent reader and don't think I've ever seen anyone post that. Quite unbelievable really, there's a lot of Sheffield United fans that think we don't need goals? Are you sure?

Reactions: CW7
First foul is Watkins on Egan, if he’d chucked himself on the floor VAR would have had to give the foul, sadly for us John Egan is a man 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom