Incoming? Callum Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just seen that his contract is a 5 year deal too. Blimey.
Fair play to the lad, that's a right deal to get. Securing a premier league contract until you're 30 means he's doesn't need to worry about his financial future and he can just get on with playing. Given the money they offered the other Robinson, you would think it's on more than he got with us.
GLTTL.

I find it a bit baffling how we have sold CR to a rival team, and he looks like he could be very decent in their system, feels like a bit of an own goal to me and lacks foresight, but to be honest maybe CW doesnt seem wba as rivals, it would be the old Blades way for a CR goal to have a big impact on our season

I would have rather sold for less to a championship or foreign team

I find it a bit baffling how we have sold CR to a rival team, and he looks like he could be very decent in their system, feels like a bit of an own goal to me and lacks foresight, but to be honest maybe CW doesnt seem wba as rivals, it would be the old Blades way for a CR goal to have a big impact on our season

Well, we got one of theirs, they got one of ours, so it strengthens both teams about as much?
Math was never my thing.

I'd imagine that, ven with our wage structure, wages would be an issue for any Championship side. PLus, you can only sell to an interested club

For some reason, he lost his confidence to use his pace and take a player on. Not sure why.

I think everybody thought we'd signed a pacey player, but unfortunately Callum Robinson is not fast. I didn't notice it last pre season, but the tempo is slower and games less intense, so you don't always see players running at max speed. But the sprint results which Duffy made public caught my eye. Robinson was one of our slowest players. Maybe he had a little niggle so didn't give his all, I don't know. In a quiz interview a bit later he was asked to name United's fastest players on FIFA. Billy Sharp was one of his suggestions, and he seemed shocked when it wasn't the right answer. So I reckoned Sharp had beat him for pace in training. Callum looked surprised when they told him he was actually our fastest player on FIFA. Then the season started and he again showed that pace wasn't his strength (which we'd all thought), it was his number one weakness. Defenders beat him to the ball and he looked like he was constantly running in beach sand. It looked hard work for him to get to most balls if he had to run onto them.

Defensively his lack of tempo also showed. Distance run stats showed that he wasn't unfit or lazy. He was just incredibly poor at pressing and closing down, never getting near enough to opponents, not forcing them to play it backwards - their passes seemed to go forward as if he wasn't even there.

Now, he does have good attributes too. Even in his last match for Ireland he showed that he can contribute positively if he can get on the ball in the attacking third ( he needs passes to feet, not ones to run onto), face the opposition goal and have players to combine with, he's got a decent touch, good delivery and he can strike the ball well. Against Championship defenders, in the right role, he's proven.

As a striker in our team, against Premiership defenders he was a liability. Even if we've sold him for much less than we bought him for, I'm relieved. Wilder was right to move him on, just like a few other signings that hasn't worked out. We don't know if his replacement Burke will be a success either. But he's got a completely different set of attributes, ones that we feel will complement the rest of the group better, based on what we saw last season. We definitely need one more up front, hopefully a major signing for us.

I switched on the Eire game the other night and spotted straight away
It was instantly recognisable ,a sort of couple of steps to wards the player with the ball a couple of seconds after he should have and then a sort of check back towards the recipient of the pass he was no where near with no real effort to.close him down either

GLTTL, seemed like a good egg who tried his best and was genuinely liked. It just wasn't to be, but he did have his 'moment' for us, by inspiring that Chelsea come back.

Nothing but good wishes from me, as long as he has a mare when we play them of course :)

All the best Robbo! The Chelsea game and Man U will be remembered fondly in particular. Also scored v Flyde for my sons first ever game watching United so that's a personal memory.

Gave a great contribution, played a part in our journey. Didn't really do anything wrong, I think he's just another player that didn't progress as quick as the rest of the team so as a result fell down the pecking order, to his credit he wanted to play games and dropped a division and won his fans and manager over. Shows a lot about him and his attitude.

Good luck and if we're back at BDTBL I'm sure he'll be clapped when Gary Sinclair reads the teams out

Not to kick the guy, and I do wish him well, but playing in the middle of a front three today vs Leicester and he looked no more like an effective front man than he did for us. WBA badly need a striker. Their options of Robinson, Hal Robson-Kanu and Charlie Austin surely ain’t going to cut it.

Not to kick the guy, and I do wish him well, but playing in the middle of a front three today vs Leicester and he looked no more like an effective front man than he did for us. WBA badly need a striker. Their options of Robinson, Hal Robson-Kanu and Charlie Austin surely ain’t going to cut it.
I know it's early days but what I saw today it might be a long season for the baggies.

That diangana was 18 m well spent ,bet the west ham fans are folding their plaquards away as we speak

Are we trying to sign Robinson again before the window shuts?

Back
Top Bottom