Incoming? Callum Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He’s a winger playing up front and unfortunately I don’t think it will work out for him here. He was involved in some big goals though against top teams, Chelsea, Arsenal & Man Utd come to mind. I like him but we need something different.

He’s a winger playing up front and unfortunately I don’t think it will work out for him here. He was involved in some big goals though against top teams, Chelsea, Arsenal & Man Utd come to mind. I like him but we need something different.

Obviously we don't play with wingers, but Robinson doesn't seem an out an out winger either, even though h has played there. He seems more of a forward to me and would play well of McBurnie maybe, but I just don't feel he's of the required quality for the Prem, although, as you say, he's created some crucial assists. I wish him all the best if he goes, was a tad surprised he played today actually given transfer rumours.

I like Callum Robinson. Always happy and upbeat, seems popular in the dressing room, and I think he’s a talented footballer.

BUT. I am DESPERATE for us to sell him. He’s had two great pre-seasons and one cracking half in a Sheffield United shirt, but the rest of his game time he was insanely nesh, had all the pace of Phil Jagielka’s granny, and he missed good chances whilst passing it straight to the opposition and being tactically naive (West Ham away he gave the worst performance of any Blade last season IMO).

I’ll back him if he stays and I hope I’m wrong, but I reckon he’d be better off at West Brom and us with a couple of mil and this season’s reclamation project in Oli Burke (who may also turn out to be shit... you never know).
Which is the 2nd great pre season he has had? Sure he’s only been here 1 year

I can't help but think that CW's tweak this summer to upgrade our attacking intent, even if it is only as an in game plan B, is a switch to either a 343 or 3421.

Either of these would suit Robinson and might explain our rumoured interest in Cash, Burke and potentially Dennis.

I think Robinson wearing the number 27 shirt indicates he’s not first and foremost in CWs plans

It’s gonna be interesting to see who ends up with the no.7 and no.11 shirts, innit?

West Brom are the newest team to boil my piss how really cheeky is it to offer 4m for Robbo and then table a bid of 18m for Grady Diangana, its even worse when they try and throw Burke into the mix. Hopefully Chris will realise these guys are trying to have our pants down

The enthusiasm from WBA fans to his signing seemed to take a hit with the emergence of him holidaying with Grealish. He does provide at the very least for us a different option off the bench, as we saw in the Man U home game and Arsenal away game. Fairly relaxed if he stays or goes – I doubt Wilder will be letting him go if the net result of the business is to have a weaker squad.

The enthusiasm from WBA fans to his signing seemed to take a hit with the emergence of him holidaying with Grealish. He does provide at the very least for us a different option off the bench, as we saw in the Man U home game and Arsenal away game. Fairly relaxed if he stays or goes – I doubt Wilder will be letting him go if the net result of the business is to have a weaker squad.

They are surely aware he is a product of Villas academy....aren't they?

I still think there's a player in there, for us. Personally i wouldn't mind him hanging around.

Bye Bye Callum. I was delighted when you signed, thought you'd be a great addition.

Turned out you were an enthusiastic lad who liked blasting the ball into the crowd in warm ups. But sadly you were nowhere near what we needed and actively made us a worse team in 99% of the minutes you were on the pitch. Your complete inability to understand any sort of tactical plan was highlighted when Leon had to point and tell you where to run against AFC Fylde in the cup. You lacked any awareness and seemed to only take action about 5 seconds after the action was required.

If West Brom manage to get you doing some of the things you are good at, it'll be the first time you've ever done any of them in the Premier League.

GLTTL obviously, no hard feelings. Thank for the second half at Chelsea and the pass to McBurnie for the equaliser against Man Utd. But at £7m and how much we were looking forward to your signing it's ended up being a real disappointment.

Bye Bye Callum. I was delighted when you signed, thought you'd be a great addition.

Turned out you were an enthusiastic lad who liked blasting the ball into the crowd in warm ups. But sadly you were nowhere near what we needed and actively made us a worse team in 99% of the minutes you were on the pitch. Your complete inability to understand any sort of tactical plan was highlighted when Leon had to point and tell you where to run against AFC Fylde in the cup. You lacked any awareness and seemed to only take action about 5 seconds after the action was required.

If West Brom manage to get you doing some of the things you are good at, it'll be the first time you've ever done any of them in the Premier League.

GLTTL obviously, no hard feelings. Thank for the second half at Chelsea and the pass to McBurnie for the equaliser against Man Utd. But at £7m and how much we were looking forward to your signing it's ended up being a real disappointment.
For some reason, he lost his confidence to use his pace and take a player on. Not sure why.

For some reason, he lost his confidence to use his pace and take a player on. Not sure why.
I think the whole way we play the game and the fact that the whole team has to be involved in defending was beyond him. I think he lacked the physicality or awareness to play with his back to goal, something all our forwards have to be able to do. But mainly I just don't think he had the attitude that matched up to the rest of the squad. He's a likeable lad and he's always joking. McBurnie is like that too but McB is a nasty piece of work when he needs it. CR hasn't got that streak

I have no idea how to find it but there's a photo from an Ireland game where a huge surgical scar on the back of his leg is visible. He's not the same player since that injury.

I have no idea how to find it but there's a photo from an Ireland game where a huge surgical scar on the back of his leg is visible. He's not the same player since that injury.
Unless they took out some of his brain to fix his hamstring it doesn't excuse his inability to figure out where to be off the ball

Shame it didn't work out because I thought we had a player on our hands with his performances in pre season last year. When the season started though he was like a rabbit caught in headlights and looked like he'd won a competition to play for us.

Seemed a very likeable bloke though I'll give him that.

The usage of the phrase "I still think there's a player in there" on here and social media is about to take a nosedive, but at least we've still got Mousset for that one and every chance Burke can replace some of Robinson's usage in that regard.

Seems like a nice lad but was just not prepared to get stuck in. Looked scared to me. There's clearly talent there but whether he has the mental ability is another matter.

GLTTL

Just seen that his contract is a 5 year deal too. Blimey.

Burke only got 3 years a more sensible contract length. With Robinson gone that brings us down to only two SUFC players represented by Wasserman agency. The remaining two are Lundstram and Simon Moore.

They seem to get good deals for their players to be fair but interesting none of the new incomings have them as their agents.

Saw 'Incoming' on the thread title and thought we'd bought him back already for £18m

He'll do well with right club sadly for all concerned we weren't the right club, good luck son.

Burke only got 3 years a more sensible contract length. With Robinson gone that brings us down to only two SUFC players represented by Wasserman agency. The remaining two are Lundstram and Simon Moore.

They seem to get good deals for their players to be fair but interesting none of the new incomings have them as their agents.

Well spotted. This, and the Moore hand ‘injury’, have probably been done as a final warning to Lundstram to sign the deal.

Back
Top Bottom