These are them - New Kits 20/21 - 'leak'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Todays round of concept kits. A no from me except the 3rd which I'll give a meh.

20200731_120418.jpg20200731_120421.jpg20200731_120423.jpg

Club are aware of Australian division of USG going into administration. On 9 July it said this did not affect the UK operation so presumably does not impact on current sponsorship deal. The fact a separate company Utilita are again the Kids shirt sponsors suggest we are still with USG.
Not necessarily. It depends how USG are structured and how much crap they’re in.

I suspect the Utilita deal is in place, just because they can get it sorted now. Why wait?

This season's away kit was released with White or Red shorts. We never used red. We used black or white.

Without looking, I'd guess black were used equally as often as white

A lot of teams wear their away kit when the home doesnt clash. Thats common. But we seem to even wear random away kit combos for no reason.

As you say, this seasons away kit was supposedly all white or with red alternative shorts. Yet when we wore it with the black shorts, there was absolutely no reason the actual red away shorts coulnt be used in all cases.

Just makes you wonder how involved in the kit selection process the club are with the supplier. If we wanted to wear it primarily with black shorts why wasnt that the official away kit (with white and red shorts also available as alternatives?) As we obvioulsy didnt really want that white/red/white away kit combo.

Or are the players/management/kit man just going with what combo they prefer?

I do like the mix and match interchangeable nature. We just dont seem to implement it in a logical way.

A lot of teams wear their away kit when the home doesnt clash. Thats common. But we seem to even wear random away kit combos for no reason.

As you say, this seasons away kit was supposedly all white or with red alternative shorts. Yet when we wore it with the black shorts, there was absolutely no reason the actual red away shorts coulnt be used in all cases.

Just makes you wonder how involved in the kit selection process are the club are with the supplier. If we wanted to wear it primarily with black shorts why wasnt that the official away kit (with white and red shorts also available as alternatives?) As we obvioulsy didnt really want that white/red/white away kit combo.

Or are the players/management/kit man just going with what combo they prefer?

I do like the mix and match interchangeable nature. We just dont seem to implement it in a logical way.

I don't think we wore red shorts with it once. And for me, that is the best combo.

We wore White. White. Red at Chelsea but mainly wore either

White. Black. Black
White. White. White

Next seasons home kit will be perfectly passable if it has stripes on the back. However, it looks suspiciously like it could be plain white, which defies belief, and makes you question who in the club is signing stuff like that off. Or do we only have limited scope to influence the wisdom of adidas.

Plain red backs with stripes to the lower portion (like this season) are JUST about passable, if, for some unbeknown reason, we HAVE to have a plain back.

Always prefer black socks but quite like the fact that we swap these round, keeps it fresh, and gives the opportunity to use socks to balance out the look of a kit. Like if the shirt is particulalry heavy on red, white socks might work well etc.

But then we go and get it really wrong and select white socks with the predominantly white 18/19 kit and end up looking like Fulham. And this season was mostly red with red socks 🤷‍♂️

So most of our adidas kits have not quite been thought through properly somewhere, and miss the mark.

Wow, now that's some bullshit.
Awful, capitalism at its worse. Bunk up the average shirt price by £20 and give their fans cheap knock offs that you'd find in a newsagent whilst abroad unless they folk out further £30. Shameful but the club agreed the deal so who's to blame really?

Awful, capitalism at its worse. Bunk up the average shirt price by £20 and give their fans cheap knock offs that you'd find in a newsagent whilst abroad unless they folk out further £30. Shameful but the club agreed the deal so who's to blame really?

People will still pay it

Nike have form for this. I went in the Barcelona shop some years back, they had a similar range of shirts then, with the top end one at an eye-watering price of around €100 for a printed one, and a lower price for the official ”replica”.

It's been a thing for a while with them and others probably, but the stadium shirt has never been so far off the proper one from the ones I've seen.

Fair play to Adidas, the ones we buy have all the fancy materials and are great quality even if the design isn't for some people on here.

May as well just buy a cheap Thai version if you only get something that looks about right from a distance but misses the right material and details.

Hopefully people will just buy the knock-offs instead. I bought a Barca fake off ebay years ago and it was top quality - suspect it came out of the back door of the actual Nike factory.

About Time...

White back with stripes at bottom ☹

We've gone for the pixelated stripe look. Always in Wednesday's shadow 😂

1596442170939.png1596442188309.png
1596442210534.png

Last edited:

About Time...

White back with stripes at bottom ☹

It's the worst we've had in a good while. Far too much white & the collar and cuffs on the sleeve look poor.

We peaked with that 'teletext holidays' kit. Black pin stripes, sponsor logo that fit the design, stripes on the back... 👌

It's not hard to get right. I hope they consult the fans next season.

Back
Top Bottom