Match Thread Sheffield United vs Chelsea - 11th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CHE
CHE
CHE
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1594410532964.png v. 1594410539256.png
EPL Week 35 - Saturday 11th July 2020 - Bramall lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-chelsea.499/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Andy Madley
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Replacement Official: Nick Barnard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1594410661483.png

Souness saying every Chelsea player is ahead of our players in terms of ability, it's only down to the difference in "attitude" that we won. Is he having a laugh? Chelsea's defence is fucking shambolic.

What a performance. Could and perhaps should have been 4, but who cares. Hoping that was just precautionary for Bash, who along with everyone today was superb.

Delighted for McGoldrick especially, who looked every bit a forward for a top 6 PL team. Oozed class.

When you look back over a season you can always pick out a game or result that was either the best result or a turning point, last season the leeds game is the one I remember, but this season I cant think of one, or two or even 3, every game and result has been both memorable and turning points

this is becoming a trend. because i think this was our best home performance of the season. til next time v everton 😄Ridiculous. trying to get my head around just putting 6 past the Champions league finalists & Europa league champions in 10 days. its why every match wilder surprised me i was worried about this run wouldve been happy with 5 or 6 pts. & noone couldve thought post man utd. we would play Spurs Burnley Wolves & Chelsea take 10 out of 12pts & only concede 2 goals

i was thinking before that Chelsea could be title challengers next season but with defending like that. theyve got no chance kepa looked dodgy especially the 1st goal when he pushed it into 6 yr area & zouma who was relegated with stoke as 1st choice CB

Souness saying every Chelsea player is ahead of our players in terms of ability, it's only down to the difference in "attitude" that we won. Is he having a laugh? Chelsea's defence is fucking shambolic.
We are holding a mirror up to the over hyped overrated gravy train that is the prem ,and its bloody great.

Those pundits can f*ck off. I'm sick of hearing about "overlapping centre backs" and these one-liners that they pull out. Clearly do no research or acknowledge the fact that the sum is greater than the individual component parts and that is what wins you leagues, cups and adoration.

A truly amazing team performance. Always looked a threat and always looked comfortable at the back,

A masterstroke to bring on Mousset when he did. He knew Lampard would be going for it at any time (bringing on Giroud and going two up top) and he knew Mousset would keep those terrible Chelsea CBs under pressure.

That is the complete team performance. From the playing squad to the management team. Bravo and thank you for making my weekend and post-lockdown.

Don't even know what to say about that, it wasn't easy but that's how we made it look. We didn't look perturbed at all.

I'm sat here waiting for a kick in the balls but it never came, Hendo dealt with everything the defence didn't, nice to see him with a smile on his face again. The parried shot the real scare, Norwood did excellently to get a toe in.

Berge great strength again, important in the first goal, everyone else was great too, McBurnie, McGoldrick strong and linking up, Osborn and Stevens have got a great understanding.

Back 5 great, Jags had a good cameo too.

So fucking happy for Didzy. Can't tell you, like a family member got his first goals in the Prem.

Outstanding. Come on Blades.

Souness is slightly right, but massively inaccurate too.

Individually, in many positions, Chelsea and undoubtedly stronger.
Kante, Kovacic, Pulisic are just three to name, who would be welcome in almost any Champions League squad.

But Souness doesn't take into account the length of time Blades have played in this system with Wilder. The length of time he and the squad have had to build relationships on the pitch, to reach the level of consistency they are showing.

If Klopp had the choice between Kante/Norwood, Kovacic/Fleck or Pulisic/McGoldrick, it's obvious which he would take.
Individual ability means nothing with foundation/structure in place to allow them to thrive though.

Then he says our players defend better and attack better??? So how are they better players? If we play better, we ARE better!!
I don't get why they say that.

Had to go and put the kids to bed at 7.10pm. Came back down half an hour later convinced i'd find it'd ended 3-3 or 3-4. Still not sure whether this is all a big joke.

Went Uni up there which led me to go to many Blades games, had a season ticket at one point, can't remember if it was Wilder's first season or the first season back in the Championship, as I was at pretty much every home game both seasons.
Then whilst living up there I met my Mrs, now the mother of my kid, and her family are Blades fans so I guess I can't escape them anymore even if I wanted to.

I'm just a huge football fan and love the city of Sheffield.

Don't get me wrong, I want Leicester to take 6 points off Blades every season.......
But I also want Blades to win the other 36.
Ahh makes sense then bud. Just been wondering with you having knowledge about us. Not many "opposition" fans come on the forum with such knowledge. So I thought there was some form of attachment like you said haha

Fair play to Lampard. Just said we outplayed them in skill and attitude. They got the result they deserved.

Then he says our players defend better and attack better??? So how are they better players? If we play better, we ARE better!!
I don't get why they say that.

Football isn't just about individual ability.
It's a team sport.

You can have better individuals in more positions, but be weaker as a team.

Tottenham are 10th, Arsenal 8th and Blades are 6th.....So are you saying Kane/Aubameyang are not 'better players' than Mcgoldrick/McBurnie?

Well done Souness and micha Richards for keeping the prem myth going.

He was falling over his words trying to praise them after the match but just could not say the words, its as though his Liverpool brain could not fathom Sheffield United = Outplayed them off the park tactically.

Football isn't just about individual ability.
It's a team sport.

You can have better individuals in more positions, but be weaker as a team.

Tottenham are 10th, Arsenal 8th and Blades are 6th.....So are you saying Kane/Aubameyang are not 'better players' than Mcgoldrick/McBurnie?
Correct. Or they'd be above us. It wasn't a one-off cup match.
If you need the cossetting or spoon feeding that Kane wants then even more so.
2nd best defence in the league, behind the walk away winners. More to it than hard work and organisation.

Correct. Or they'd be above us. It wasn't a one-off cup match.
If you need the cossetting or spoon feeding that Kane wants then even more so.
2nd best defence in the league, behind the walk away winners. More to it than hard work and organisation.

The reason you're giving for Blades being better than Arsenal/Spurs, also means that Chelsea are better than Blades.
You can't have it both ways buddy.

You're right that it's more than just 'hard work and organisation', but Wilder/Dyche/Nuno continually bring up those traits themselves.

For Souness to say what he did he has to believe , just for starters , that Christienson and Zouma are both better than either Basham , Egan or JOC . 😂 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom