Football with no play-acting

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep I noticed that too, thought the ref was excellent too, let the game flow well, 2 teams playing the game the right way

Well other than not giving any of them bookings for their cynical fouls to stop us counter attacking. Plus the blatant foul on Norwood which was given as a foul for Wolves instead, still scratching my head on that one.

That said it was a better ref performance at least all his poor decisions were middle of the park ones.

I haven't noticed if it's always been like this since lockdown with no crowds but today Wolves indulged in virtually zero play acting, despite being a team of foreigners ;). Enjoyed that.
2 on the spin now for us. Same against Burnley. No play acting or trying to win fouls. I've enjoyed the last 2 games because they were more free-flowing. The refs must prefer it too

When Norwood gave away a free kick after being fouled I thought it was gonna be one of those games but the ref was brilliant for once as where both teams yet again like with Burnley.

Yep I noticed that too, thought the ref was excellent too, let the game flow well, 2 teams playing the game the right way
Apart from that bizarre decision in the first half when he gave a foul against Norwood for having the temerity not to jump out of the way whilst being scythed down, he was excellent overall.

Edit - glad some others spotted that! Apologies for making the same point for the third time.

Well other than not giving any of them bookings for their cynical fouls to stop us counter attacking. Plus the blatant foul on Norwood which was given as a foul for Wolves instead, still scratching my head on that one.

That said it was a better ref performance at least all his poor decisions were middle of the park ones.
I said play-acting. Cynical fouls are ok

I liked our little cheeky baiting for fouls from sharp and basham. Like wilder said a couple of games ago we need to play prem at its own game.

Fully agree. So much better to watch when games are not full of players rolling about screaming.

I haven't noticed if it's always been like this since lockdown with no crowds but today Wolves indulged in virtually zero play acting, despite being a team of foreigners ;). Enjoyed that.
They’re a lovely team to watch. Solid, plenty of flair but no Fucking about on the floor.

They have similar principles instilled into them that Wilder puts into our players

It’s great to see.

Properly decent side Wolves, enjoyed that match a lot - even more so for the last minute winner! Two decent sides playing fantastic possession football, well matched and they're a decent, hard working, well drilled side and their manager won't take any shit either. They're basically us with a cheque book.

Hard not to like this current Wolves set up. Some great players and a top manager.

I bet Nuno and Wilder get on well, along with Dyche. Can imagine them 3 out on the piss.

They’re a lovely team to watch. Solid, plenty of flair but no Fucking about on the floor.

They have similar principles instilled into them that Wilder puts into our players

It’s great to see.
Agree. They are one of the most direct football teams I have ever seen and I mean that as a complement. Direct and really good.

A proper game of blood and guts football with both teams at it.

A total of 11 fould in the game which must be close to a premier league record. United 5 fouls Wolves 6 should have been United 4 Wolves 7 as Norwood was fouled.

That's how football should be played, two honest teams. I wonder if Sky or match ot the day will talk about this, I doubt it. Congratulations to both teams who had men playing football. Traore dislocated his shoulder but didn't come off, what a man.

Apart from that bizarre decision in the first half when he gave a foul against Norwood for having the temerity not to jump out of the way whilst being scythed down, he was excellent overall.

Edit - glad some others spotted that! Apologies for making the same point for the third time.

He didn’t get scythed down though, the player slipped and fell into him.

Jocks foul in the first half was cynical but also very clever. He only really "half fouled" him as I think if he had gone in a bit harder he could have considered to be last man. Good to have him back

They do like a dive ,especially jota and traore but we didn't give them chance really

He spotted Norwood's intention to foul him and went down protectively. Good spot by the ref.
Rofl. We should think ourselves lucky he hadn't spotted Norwood's intention to foul him in our penalty area.

Yep, apart from one of the most bizarre fouls I've ever seen given when their player fell over into Norwood and took him out.
and prior to that when Traore went down with a dislocated shoulder to stop our attack. Kids got bigger arms than my waist.

fuck me, apparently it was dislocated!

He didn’t get scythed down though, the player slipped and fell into him.
It was a slight exaggeration I grant you, but in other circumstances that’s the kind of thing that can be given as a penalty or a card. One thing it wasn’t was a foul by Norwood.

That Bashambaur geezer though !

Back
Top Bottom