Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 28th June 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
ARS
ARS
ARS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1593278085742.png v. 1593278094867.png
FA Cup Quarter Final - Sunday 28th June 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-arsenal.508/

Officials:

Referee:
Paul Tierney
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Constantine Hatzidakis
Replacement Official: Richard Wild

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 18.15.34.png

Think I’m watching a very different game. We generally have looked better than the last few, and I don’t think the ref has got anything substantial wrong so far – plenty of the free-kicks we’ve given away have been cheap, but I’m more frustrated that we’re giving the ref an excuse to make the decisions by just being ill-times too often.

Fleck is a ghost again, only 1 shot on target, united better since Berge came on, Berge has looked bright, VAR nonsense as per usual and 17 free kicks given by a terrible ref..... i'll be glad when this season is done with.

A few promising signs but still short of our pre lockdown standards.

Hope we can find something from somewhere.

Tough games coming up against good teams which would be hard at the best of times.

Need some confidence from today badly.

How can anyone think thats an improvement - at least against man u we attempted to keep possession and pass the ball out. Prehistoric bollocks this. Panic, smash it long, lose the ball, spend 5 chasing it back, repeat.

Really poor, again! Strikers are so isolated so smashing it onto mcburnies head is doing fuck all as its 1/2 vs 5/6 each time. Stoke 2.0 With less flair.

Not his fault no, but I think arsenal are playing him were too honest

We look better than we have of late, but we still aren’t carving out good chances.

Arsenal look to be playing within themselves. I will be surprised if we score.

CBA with this, decisions that we dont get and ones we get against us are just ridiculous. If one of our players got that contact Lacazette got they wouldnt even flinch yet he goes down like hes broken his ankle.

Football supporters are funny. If that foul would have been on a Blades player, everyone would have said it is a clear foul. "He goes through his back" , "doesn't play the ball", etc.

Also on the lunny goal, did it not come off an arsenal head?

I think some need to calm down a bit. Much better performance for me and I think we’ve looked more like ourselves today. Confident we can get back into it.
If it wasn’t for the softest pen ever! And I’m still not convinced it was one! We could well be winning this game!
Come on the Blades let’s have it this 2nd half... and whoever scores needs to give Lacazette some the cheating Kent!!

Looks like both at the same time but I don’t know the rules on whether that’s offside or not.
Any player off side regardless if were involved in the gial or not. We had one earlier in the season this baldock was offside but not in play but it "distracts" the keeper.

the absolute fucking state of all these commentators and pundits trying to justify diving (cheating) to win a penalty.
Rio: "I'd be fuming but he's given Lacazette the opportunity to make the most of it"
Translation: "it wasn't a penalty, he got close to him and he dived"
RVP: "its soft but its a penalty, he's done well to exagerrate the contact"
Translation: "he dived"

what made it worse was the twat Lacazette making out like he was hurt just to sell it even more. I funking hate this game sometimes.

2nd half we always attack down the south stand side so I expect basham to overlap more, I'm hoping for a better 2nd half

CBA with this, decisions that we dont get and ones we get against us are just ridiculous. If one of our players got that contact Lacazette got they wouldnt even flinch yet he goes down like hes broken his ankle.
A decent ref would have just waved that away and got on with the game

That penalty decision was embarrassing. Just as embarrassing are the pundits who try to justify it with the usual 'the attacking player is given the opportunity to make the most of it and exaggerate the contact' - in other words given the opportunity to cheat. The contact was so minimal that it would have zero impact on Lacazete yet he throws himself to the ground faking a broken ankle and the ref buys it.

Just once I would love a commentator to say it as it is. “He dived and cheated, absolute disgrace”

Back
Top Bottom