Luke Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CoatesyBlade

Reaction score
The only way I can see Luke Freeman making anything of his time here is if we play the AM again... Or... Play him in the Didzy role. I think he's a great player but there's no way he's breaking into that flat midfield 3.
Any thoughts? Try that in the FA cup game?
It would be a shame to see him go but feel this is another case of our improvement moving too fast for the player. Which of course is great for us by the way!

He's gone in the summer, doesn't fit the new business model.

He's gone in the summer, doesn't fit the new business model.

Yes I'm thinking the same... Not sure about the business model thing... Just think we've moved on. Although a change of position and it all could change. Ala Lundstrum for example.

I like Luke Freeman. Not too long ago, he deputized for Fleck during his injury, and was quite capable doing so. It’s entirely possible that his performance led to Flecks resurgence when he did come back into the team.
Talk of dismissing such a capable deputy is premature I think. He also has the benefit of being able to provide cover for more than one position.
He’s passed the only test he’s been given, and seems to be waiting patiently for his next opportunity. Ideal team player.

Hopefully if we're in Europe he'll stick around for another season - he'll be needed more.

Unless Wilder changes formation I can't see why? He ain't a CM or a striker.

Sorry pal, but who the F is Paul Madely?
Apologies for my bad spelling.

Paul Edward Madeley (20 September 1944 – 23 July 2018) was an English footballer, who played for Leeds United and the England national team.[1] During his career with Leeds, Madeley played in a variety of different playing positions which led to him being described as a Utility player.[2][3][4] Madeley made more than 500 appearances for Leeds in the Football League and appeared in 24 internationals for England between 1971 and 1977.

Apologies for my bad spelling.

Paul Edward Madeley (20 September 1944 – 23 July 2018) was an English footballer, who played for Leeds United and the England national team.[1] During his career with Leeds, Madeley played in a variety of different playing positions which led to him being described as a Utility player.[2][3][4] Madeley made more than 500 appearances for Leeds in the Football League and appeared in 24 internationals for England between 1971 and 1977.

That's all well and good... But Freeman isn't in any shape or form a utility player for us... He doesn't play as it stands

Agree! Freeman is a fantastic player, did really well when he came in and I felt he played well enough to keep his place. Since then Fleck has been a revelation! I'm glad that we have them both! Wilder and his team are terrific coaches with a track record of improving players and helping them to adapt to our system. What they have done with Lunny is unbelievable. Freeman may not be a perfect match for our system but the fact the he is still here shows that Wilder believes he has a role to play.

That's all well and good... But Freeman isn't in any shape or form a utility player for us... He doesn't play as it stands
Your OP pointed out different roles he might perform for us. I just pointed out that he has deputised effectively in the one role he was asked to fill, and he is capable of doing more if asked. Even Paul Madeley had to start somewhere.
Getting rid of such competent versatile players is not a great idea in a team limited by budgets for wages and players.

Your OP pointed out different roles he might perform for us. I just pointed out that he has deputised effectively in the one role he was asked to fill, and he is capable of doing more if asked. Even Paul Madeley had to start somewhere.
Getting rid of such competent versatile players is not a great idea in a team limited by budgets for wages and players.

Feel I've been misunderstood. I'm asking the question 'can he play in these positions?'

Do you see him as a player that can fill these roles then? As it stands without seeing him play there? Cos if he can then happy days... That's what I'm hoping for.

Feel I've been misunderstood. I'm asking the question 'can he play in these positions?'

Do you see him as a player that can fill these roles then? As it stands without seeing him play there? Cos if he can then happy days... That's what I'm hoping for.

With you buddy, I think he will be good for us. But then again I have been wrong before - wanted Leonard to stay rather than Lunny!

With you buddy, I think he will be good for us. But then again I have been wrong before - wanted Leonard to stay rather than Lunny!

He's done. ITK on this but he wanted to move in January, never settled here.

He's done. ITK on this but he wanted to move in January, never settled here.

Really? That is interesting... And a bit of a shame. But I do understand.
Thanks for saying though it's appreciated.
You got anymore bits of inside info? Would love any that's going! 👍⚔️

Shame as I like him and think he is a good player. I believe Leeds were interested in him?

We might never know if he can fill those positions. It just seems to me that he could, given his more than adequate cover for Fleck. Reading some of the subsequent posts, I have missed key points about his longevity at the Lane anyway.
In my defence, I am a long term exile who just wants what’s best for our team.
Apologies if I misread you.

Really? That is interesting... And a bit of a shame. But I do understand.
Thanks for saying though it's appreciated.
You got anymore bits of inside info? Would love any that's going! 👍

I was told this in October pal. It's someone I see very rarely but is very well in with the club. The same person that says we have a clause in Deanos loan agreement to make it full transfer for £20m. I have said this a million times.

We might never know if he can fill those positions. It just seems to me that he could, given his more than adequate cover for Fleck. Reading some of the subsequent posts, I have missed key points about his longevity at the Lane anyway.
In my defence, I am a long term exile who just wants what’s best for our team.
Apologies if I misread you.

Don't apologise mate... That's why I started the post... I want to hear your opinion!

I was told this in October pal. It's someone I see very rarely but is very well in with the club. The same person that says we have a clause in Deanos loan agreement to make it full transfer for £20m. I have said this a million times.

Yes yes yes... I know and it was even mentioned during the court case. I knew someone had told us this many a time!

I wouldn't class Bash as a utility player.
Although... Discussing with a Villa fan who was better: Bash or Mings. My response went something like... Are you joking? Bash plays centre half, right back and right winger all in the same game.... Ming's can't even play centre half!!

Back
Top Bottom