5th Round Opponents Reading or Cardiff away

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Of course I'd love us to get to the final but this comes slap bang in the middle of our most crucial league fixtures. Hope this doesn't disrupt us, play the second string as Europe, or survival, are far more important this season.

It looked like a decent following away at Millwall, I'm sure we'll take more than 1k away.
Think it was 1,400?

Crap draw for making an event, attendances at both will be low home and away.

Well Cardiff fans are happy reading fans aren't

• Sheffield Wednesday v Manchester City
  • Reading or Cardiff City v Sheffield United
  • Chelsea v Shrewsbury Town or Liverpool
  • West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United or Oxford United
  • Leicester City v Coventry City or Birmingham City
  • Northampton Town or Derby County v Manchester United
  • Southampton or Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City
  • Portsmouth v Bournemouth or Arsenal

piggies are in only clear cut tie

be a pig of a tie to attend on a wednesday night whichever we get

Think it was 1,400?

Crap draw for making an event, attendances at both will be low home and away.

I forgot its in the midweek I believe. I still think we'll take 2,000 or so.

If only we'd have Wednesday's fan base then we would have took more than the home team and sung on our way to the Premier League all game! 🤣

It looked like a decent following away at Millwall, I'm sure we'll take more than 1k away.
But that was a Sunday match. For us, Millwall meant getting up at 6:00 AM (to catch a coach from Bramall Lane). Not home till gone 9:00 PM. Mid-week matches mean that's impossible for school-aged kids & working folk.

By the time this game comes around we could be over 40 points (7 points from Palace, Bournemouth Brighton and Villa)

if we are, then lets go full tilt at this, win this and we’re one game from Wembley, the momentum and feel good will carry us through to 50+ points, and I wouldn’t doubt these lads against anyone in 90 mins there

Premier survival and a trip to Wembley, ‘kin dreamland
Are the semi’s played at Wembley?

As soon as Reading/Cardiff came out the hat I said yes please! We don't want a home tie against a team that sticks ten men behind the ball and makes it difficult. We have a superb away record and if we field a strong team then I expect us to be too much for either team. I'd rather play Reading out of the two, no doubt in front of about 17,000 and 3/4,000 of them will be our fans.

I take it you didn't notice how few people we took to Reading last season?

Other than Chelsea v (maybe) Liverpool, I don’t think you could have picked duller games if you’d tried. So many potential belters, but not one drawn 🤷🏼‍♂️

Agreed.

That being said, it's far from inconceivable that if we can get through this tie, the last 8 will be:

United, Man City, Man U, Liverpool, Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs and WBA.

The top 8 sides in the country, save for Arsenal deputising for Chelsea and WBA standing in for Wolves...

dont forget its midweek both are 4 hour drives , could curtail our numbers

It will mate. I thought originally it was on the weekend. I can see us getting more if its at Reading than Cardiff. I've been to see us play in Cardiff on two occasions and it takes ages to get home; I kept going round in circles at abergavenny y fenni! That was on the way back from the 3 - 0 loss to Wolves also! What a day that was!

Reading easier to get to, but more tickets available at Cardiff. Shame about the midweek but perfect for us who aren’t part of the loyalty points “cartel” and can get the time off.

It will mate. I thought originally it was on the weekend. I can see us getting more if its at Reading than Cardiff. I've been to see us play in Cardiff on two occasions and it takes ages to get home; I kept going round in circles at abergavenny y fenni! That was on the way back from the 3 - 0 loss to Wolves also! What a day that was!

We took 730 (of the 6,769 attendance) in the midst of the Beast From The East in 2018, the single coldest game I’ve been to. That was midweek. I think assuming better conditions this time we should take a thousand at least.

We'll do well to take 1000 to Cardiff. Reading more appealing for the London blades so 1500 or so. There will be a poor home turnout for either which should work in our favour.

Back
Top Bottom