Is anyone else concerned

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The huge thing is we have a legend of a manager who truly cares about this club and the long term future of it

He will see us right and the players must know and appreciate that virtually all of them would be no where near the prem without him
He will reward as we continue to build

What a time to be a blade with this man at the helm
Genuinely believe silverware is on its way to BDTBL with CWAK in charge

It does concern me that we’re liable to lose players we can’t easily replace, but that always comes with success.

Who would you say are the players we can't easily replace?

I'd say there would only be a handful who are integral to the way we play and would be difficult to replace. Such as Bash, JOC, Norwood. On current form Fleck would be a huge loss.

But take Egan for example, he's a cracking defender, but our system flatters him as he's poor with the ball at his feet imo. Simple passes sideways or to Norwood are the ones you seem him make regularly, there's not the crossfield balls like JOC does, or the mazy runs like Basham.

Agreed. Fleck, Stevens etc all deserve a rise.
And they’ll get it, in line with what our new wage bill will be season on season. We won’t be paying top 10 wages until we are there for a sustained period of time so it’s unlikely this batch of players will get parity with players from those teams.
We need to raise it in keeping with our revenues not our league position and if we have to take it slower and punch above our weight for a while longer then so be it.

We will pay players what they are worth to us as a football club and as a business.

If they don't like it they will go elsewhere.

There's plenty more fish out there that would like to swim in our pond and the recruitment team have shown their ability in finding them and hooking them.

Players come to us because it's a step up for them.

If they want to take another step up then good luck to them, they may need it.

In the meantime we avoid stormy waters and continue to build incrementally as we have done since Wilder's arrival.

Its a bit weak on Wilders behalf to turn a postmatch interview of a Arsenal draw to a contracts discussion. It only adds fuel to the parasite agents and PL managers to distract our journeymens mindset to envy the likes of £350k a week for crap like Ozil - 10 times most of our guys.
The only weakness there is the players if they allow themselves to be so poorly represented. If that is truly their mindset then they need replacing soon anyway. Agent are always going to do their job, that’s the one constant you can reply on. But if you start bending to try and keep them happy that would be showing real and damaging weakness. Agents and clubs have a symbiotic relationship where they need each other, but that relationship needs to be kept in balance and that’s done by having a policy and structure that everyone is clear about. No point going in wanting 50k a week for a squad player if you know the wage bill is capped at that.

Last edited:
Believe or not Jags is top 40k at the lane followed by mcburnie 30k

The rest aren't close

We need to raise the top players in line with performance enhanced contracts ie clean sheers goals scored finishing position in the league

Otherwise they will be off

Fans will be in uproar because we wouldn't pay them the going rate

If they start asking for silly get them sold straight to set a president for the rest

But show them through hard work they most of them will never have to work again once they gave finished with football

By the clubs seemingly rigid wage structure? I fully appreciate the "no Billy big balls" view, but we are sitting 7th in the prem. If teams in 1st to 6th are paying their players twice as much then as much as it pains me to say it then our lads deserve the same. I'm worried that we will end up losing some of our key players eventually.
Not in the slightest. The wage structure of each club is surely an individual choice . Precedents are set but doesn't mean others have to follow.

I think Wilder has it right,live by your current means and go forward inch by inch,the opposite historically has contributed to our roller coaster existence where over commitment financially,has not brought success on the pitch and elevated us to a league status more "deserving" in our eyes.

Personally I believe we have been mediated into thinking money conquers all. It is only one part of the recipe for success.

Perhaps our players do deserve more,perhaps the top six deserve less and we have a more realistic view and are setting a fresh precedent.Surely we need rigidity,solid principles,call them what you will,but isn't knowing where the goalpoasts are fixed a major contributor to our current lofty position?

I don't believe the club paying our players less than others makes us less competetive.Time will tell but Chris has said he likes to get a pint from a half pint pot. It shows.

I don't do worry but have never felt more faith in the carefully constructed direction of our club,that continues to astonish many.
Also, if some of those key players choose to look "deservingly"elsewhere, Wilder et al will not feel in the least bit threatened,knowing that Wilder's principles,integrity and ability to overcome bumps in the road will maintain a momentum lasting his entire career thus far.

I upset someone here saying I had almost forgotten the "bounce slayer". Have not thought much about him since. We push on. He thought he was more deserving and is entitled to,but bore the consequences of a rigid structure.

I would argue it is serving us well,while imagining it will change gradually as income and status allow.

We have aleady exceeded our modest expectations,yet again but must forget what has been, before the "Messiah" steeped into the breach.

Meanwhile, over in S6😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

Enjoy the journey fella,were travelling first class😉

Who would you say are the players we can't easily replace?

I'd say there would only be a handful who are integral to the way we play and would be difficult to replace. Such as Bash, JOC, Norwood. On current form Fleck would be a huge loss.

But take Egan for example, he's a cracking defender, but our system flatters him as he's poor with the ball at his feet imo. Simple passes sideways or to Norwood are the ones you seem him make regularly, there's not the crossfield balls like JOC does, or the mazy runs like Basham.

Think you’re correct across the board.

By the clubs seemingly rigid wage structure? I fully appreciate the "no Billy big balls" view, but we are sitting 7th in the prem. If teams in 1st to 6th are paying their players twice as much then as much as it pains me to say it then our lads deserve the same. I'm worried that we will end up losing some of our key players eventually.
I might be wrong but isn’t there a 10 million bonus pot for survival in the premier. Divide that amongst 25 players and that is 400 000 each. Much better way to reward players than giving them it in wages for the good of the club Could even link it’s to a loyalty bonus in the future.

Believe or not Jags is top 40k at the lane followed by mcburnie 30k

The rest aren't close

We need to raise the top players in line with performance enhanced contracts ie clean sheers goals scored finishing position in the league

Otherwise they will be off

Fans will be in uproar because we wouldn't pay them the going rate

If they start asking for silly get them sold straight to set a president for the rest

But show them through hard work they most of them will never have to work again once they gave finished with football
No way is Jags paid that much. Maybe if it's performance related like actually playing minutes but no way would Wilder offer a 40k a week contract to a back up defender.

It's 2m for the season tell me a better player we would have got in for the same price with all the Experience he's got in the league....... I'm sure he's helped jackegan and bash all improve to the standards set

By the way Im only going on what I'm told
If you don't believe it that's up to you

Remembering that unless HRH raises £45-£50m from outside of the club's income, the repurchase of BL etc will come out of the budget.
Doesn't mean he will just take it out in one go though does it ?
Far more likely he will pay in instalments or get a loan and pay that back in instalments

Far more likely he will pay in instalments or get a loan and pay that back in instalments

My guess is he does pay the lot straight out then bring a mate of us with money to push the club forward

Is the OP a sports agent by any chance?

My view is that most of the players that we’re worried about were paid as top end league 1 players, got promoted and had clauses in their contracts so became championship players, then were promoted again and had clauses in their contracts to pay them as PL players. If they finish the season as a top half PL player with the club then they should be paid as such.

New players coming in are bound to upset the balance a bit, however as we progress those who are deserving will be rewarded. I don’t see the problem with this.

Splashing big money now because we think we’ve done the job won’t pay off in the long run.

McCabe will take instalments? Okay. Would you under the circumstances?

It's still a debt that has to be repaid and secured on the ground by a third party outside the ownership. McCabe put a stop to that. Wonder if people will moan about interest payments?

Maybe the teams above us are paying their 'stars' more than they are worth, and Wilder has got the SUFC wage structure about right.

Has anyone got any idea how much money overall has been spent this season to be 8th or below the Blades, guessing it is eyewatering?

It's still a debt that has to be repaid and secured on the ground by a third party outside the ownership. McCabe put a stop to that. Wonder if people will moan about interest payments?
That'd unavoidable now though isn't it ?
My point being that surely next seasons budget won't be fifty million light due to this

My guess is he does pay the lot straight out then bring a mate of us with money to push the club forward

Where was this "mate" when he couldn't meet his obligations due to cash flow issues?

This is not anti Prince, it's based on what's been hinted at by him in the past rather than dreaming up a scenario to fit.

See this is what I was told why we wouldn't be spending this window..... Prince what to hold to the cash if the appeal goes is way then buy mccabe out right

Chris's comment In the interview at the end sounded like he knows we are not spending this window unless players are sold as well

Where was this "mate" when he couldn't meet his obligations due to cash flow issues?

This is not anti Prince, it's based on what's been hinted at by him in the past rather than dreaming up a scenario to fit.

Not sure but he knows a lot of very very very rich people and if he owns the club fully he either sells for a massive profit or offers them some sort of shared ownership

See this is what I was told why we wouldn't be spending this window..... Prince what to hold to the cash if the appeal goes is way then buy mccabe out right

Chris's comment In the interview at the end sounded like he knows we are not spending this window unless players are sold as well

That'll be popular with the fan base. Either claim.

There were plenty saying we'd not spend big ( for us) last summer.

1st year in the PL, I see no evidence of a rigid structure. I see a carefully managed plan of expansion and growth dependent on staying in the PL. We are also at levels where relegation would not cripple the club. Better this slow, steady progress than just spunkin muneh up't wall on ridiculous contracts

....for details on how that works out, about 4 miles that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well said Sir, and as expected, nail hit on head.

That'll be popular with the fan base. Either claim.

There were plenty saying we'd not spend big ( for us) last summer.

We are good...... Next level of investment needs to make us great these sort of players are going to cost North of 30mil a pai
McCabe still has to be paid.

Thought he had paid him the 5mi for the club next is fully ownership of all the assets ground training ground ect

Back
Top Bottom