Are we scared to give the young lads a try??

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We don't, agreed, but that's what we should be aiming for.
Maguire, Walker, Ramsdale, Brooks, Calvert-lewin, that's a decent 5-a-side start isn't it....
We’d need a serious amount of investment to get us to a Cat1 academy, and it would be a couple of years from that point before you see the results.
I’d love us to pick up all the best youngsters and have them come through but as it’ll cost millions, and not deliver immediate results I can’t see it being a priority for a while.

THIS is what I mean, who's to say he hasn't??
If Celtic believe he's good enough, why don't united??

Vast difference in the quality of opposition most weeks I would say

I don't think we will ever have a CAT 1 academy, but that hasn't stopped us producing class players so far, we just seem to have gone off the boil over recent years?

Posters suggesting we need to invest in Cat 1 Academy. If that was the right thing to do, Wilder & Knill would have surely made it happen already. (I'm trying to get the hang of this in Wilder we trust thing.....)

Look at how Man City have developed Phil Foden. No doubt he is PL and CL quality and Guariola has no problem using him, if needed, in both competitions.
He has learned the value of patience and fitting in. Let his quality do the talking.
I realize it's different at the bigger clubs, but quality will always get a chance.
Young players are doing well at Chelsea, but that has been forced on the club, and not done them or the club any harm. Rashford McTominay + others fitting in well at Man U too.

The competition is greater for the lads at top clubs but they are doing well out of it.

Who would you put Parkhouse on the bench instead of?
Phil (carrier bag co ) would shed some light on this.
I will have a go!! Parkhouse has been a blade for maybe 3 years was chased (supposedly) by some big clubs.
He's not played for us much at any level.
It's a strange situation really but only played at Irish level.
Phil are you around ?

Love the logic. Verrips hasn’t come off the bench yet, might as well have Captain Blade there
Love the facetiousness. Maybe we should just scrap the academy all together, problem solved.

We need to upgrade the Academy status to the highest level. Then we can take the best prospects from the Academies in the region.

THIS is what I mean, who's to say he hasn't??
If Celtic believe he's good enough, why don't united??
Celtic aren't risking their immediate financial wellbeing if they give an untested youngster a couple of run-outs?

Phil (carrier bag co ) would shed some light on this.
I will have a go!! Parkhouse has been a blade for maybe 3 years was chased (supposedly) by some big clubs.
He's not played for us much at any level.
It's a strange situation really but only played at Irish level.
Phil are you around ?
finlaytheblade Mate - I've spent YEARS building the Carrier Bag FIRM brand, and you dismiss it as "Co.". Come on, give a Brother a break......
If I may be so bold with names.
Parky first played football for Utd in 2016/17
U18 11 starts 8 sub 5 goals
U23 1 start 2 sub
2017/18
U18 11 starts 1 sub 2 goals
U23 10 starts 6 subs 1 goal
2018/19
U23 3 starts 4 subs 1 goal

Since then, he's been on loan at Derry City. (We signed him from them in the first place). So, I haven't seen him for a while. But, those stats tell the basic story of what I think about him as a player. (And, I emphasise, as a player, not as a prospect). He doesn't score enough. I find him very frustrating. He's got the physical toolkit. Makes the runs. Does the yards. But, I always felt - needs to score a LOT more to stand out. He has suffered from injuries during his time at Shirecliffe.
My favourite Parky Story is when he played for NI U21 in 2017. The Carrier Bag Firm had someone at that game in Belfast. I asked how Parky had played.....
"was Estonia's best player......"

I don’t think we’re scared to give the young lads a try, I think Wilder & Knill have calmly determined that currently none are worth a place in the squad. That may change as players continue to develop.

You think he is a terrible manager?
I do not believe he is infallible.
If he really is God's Gift, how come he hasn't got an Academy Youngster into the First Team?
And don't give me all the "because they're not good enough...." shit
Isn't it his job to make them good enough, you know, if he really is infallible.....
Also ..... fucking Peroni .... laughable

I think this argument comes around every year.

My answer is that this the Premeir League and we can't afford to take the risk. I'm also willing to bet that Parkhouse is no where near good enough for our 1st team

Funny how when we spend dosh on the first team we find ourselves hovering around 5/6/7th in the Premiership?

How many points has that Academy thingy won us?

If he really is God's Gift, how come he hasn't got an Academy Youngster into the First Team?
And don't give me all the "because they're not good enough...." shit
Isn't it his job to make them good enough, you know, if he really is infallible.....
Also ..... fucking Peroni .... laughable

90% of the academy lads are there so that the one who might make can play in a team when he trains.

Unfortunately the one who might make it wants to fuck off.

If you could just churn out Premier League quality players from your academy then everyone would. The transfer market wouldn't be so ridiculous if everyone were sitting on two or three top quality players.

For one, we've been in lower divisions and our better products have been sniped with us preferring the short term cash injection over the gamble on potential. For two, we're now sat in the top half of arguably the best division in the world and therefore any academy prospects we did have now need to be that much better.

This is the same argument that was raised back when people were insisting Clough needed to "give a chance" to Ironside and McFadzean. If players aren't getting in the side then it's because they aren't good enough. Maybe they will be one day, but right now the management team don't see it day after day on the training ground.

Celtic aren't risking their immediate financial wellbeing if they give an untested youngster a couple of run-outs?
Why would we be risking ours??

We haven’t stood still for 3 years - it’s hard to bring in youngsters when you’re riding the crest of a wave and constantly overachieving. We’ve had a similar issue with some of our recruitment - see Leonard, Nathan Thomas, Lee Evans, Holmes - all brought in to stabilise us in the Champ and we end up sniffing around the play-offs and raising our level further

Calvert-Lewin, Ramsdale, Brooks, Eastwood and Slater all got into the first-team in the transformation from mid-League table League One team to good Premier League team.

Back
Top Bottom