David Parkhouse

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Er, you for one.

Check out posts #14, 30, 48, none of which suggest he's good enough for us.

BTW I put 'shit' in inverted commas to highlight the absurdity of it.
Poor ‘word selection’, he’s a decent forward just not good enough for the mighty Blades first team. May well prove some of us wrong and GLTTL, hope he does.

Another article on Parkhouse. Posted below for convenience.

I was hopeful for this guy considering is record in Ireland, but the more I read about him, the more I think he's a big time charlie in the mold of Diego Digerolamo or what ever his name was. Seems to spend an awful lot of his time talking to the press about potentially not signing a new contract with United.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...son-following-reported-interest-celtic-821317

Could the next star off the conveyer belt be David Parkhouse? A goal-laden loan spell at Derry City, helping them qualify for Europe, certainly hasn’t harmed his cause, and inclusion in the League of Ireland’s team of the year is some achievement for a player who only turned 20 earlier this month.
Parkhouse, though, is out of contract at Bramall Lane at the end of this season and admits he is unsure of where his future lies. Before the English campaign kicked off, there was talk of Glasgow giants Celtic readying an approach for his services, as well as United’s Premier League rivals Everton.

“The goal is to make sure that I have the best chance of becoming a professional footballer and having a career in the game, but at the minute, to be honest, I don’t know what’s happening,” Parkhouse admitted, in an interview with the42.ie.

Hello, this is the first of your 5 free articles for this week

“I know what I want to happen, I know I want to be a footballer and wherever’s going to get me the best opportunity, that’s where I want to be.
I don’t know where it’s going to be. I’ve been playing on loan, my focus has been on Derry and I just want to get the season finished. Between the end of this week and January, there’s a lot of talking to be done, a lot of negotiating.

“It’s going to take a few months to figure out what the best plan is — it’s not going to happen overnight. Ultimately, I want to be where I’m going to get games, number one, and where it’s going to [have an effect] like Deccie [Derry boss Declan Devine] had on me this year, whether it’s being back here or somewhere [else], I just want to be where gives me the best opportunity.

“I came to Derry to get in this position, and that was something Deccie told me as well. Deccie never spoke to me and said: ‘Look, I want you as a long-term player.’

“Yes, there was talk about contractual stuff, but one thing Deccie said to me was that he wanted me back at Derry, obviously to help him out and do a bit for the team, but he also wanted me to come back to the area to put myself in a better position to go back to England.”

Another article on Parkhouse. Posted below for convenience.

I was hopeful for this guy considering is record in Ireland, but the more I read about him, the more I think he's a big time charlie in the mold of Diego Digerolamo or what ever his name was. Seems to spend an awful lot of his time talking to the press about potentially not signing a new contract with United.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...son-following-reported-interest-celtic-821317

Could the next star off the conveyer belt be David Parkhouse? A goal-laden loan spell at Derry City, helping them qualify for Europe, certainly hasn’t harmed his cause, and inclusion in the League of Ireland’s team of the year is some achievement for a player who only turned 20 earlier this month.
Parkhouse, though, is out of contract at Bramall Lane at the end of this season and admits he is unsure of where his future lies. Before the English campaign kicked off, there was talk of Glasgow giants Celtic readying an approach for his services, as well as United’s Premier League rivals Everton.

“The goal is to make sure that I have the best chance of becoming a professional footballer and having a career in the game, but at the minute, to be honest, I don’t know what’s happening,” Parkhouse admitted, in an interview with the42.ie.

Hello, this is the first of your 5 free articles for this week

“I know what I want to happen, I know I want to be a footballer and wherever’s going to get me the best opportunity, that’s where I want to be.
I don’t know where it’s going to be. I’ve been playing on loan, my focus has been on Derry and I just want to get the season finished. Between the end of this week and January, there’s a lot of talking to be done, a lot of negotiating.

“It’s going to take a few months to figure out what the best plan is — it’s not going to happen overnight. Ultimately, I want to be where I’m going to get games, number one, and where it’s going to [have an effect] like Deccie [Derry boss Declan Devine] had on me this year, whether it’s being back here or somewhere [else], I just want to be where gives me the best opportunity.

“I came to Derry to get in this position, and that was something Deccie told me as well. Deccie never spoke to me and said: ‘Look, I want you as a long-term player.’

“Yes, there was talk about contractual stuff, but one thing Deccie said to me was that he wanted me back at Derry, obviously to help him out and do a bit for the team, but he also wanted me to come back to the area to put myself in a better position to go back to England.”

Sounds alright to me? He's keeping his options open. I have wondered about this kid seeing as he's obviously ripping it up at Derry. All Premiership strikers have to start somewhere - he could be one for the future?

I was going to say I trust Wilder to know if he's good enough for the first team, but then I think back to David Brooks and how Wilder almost let him sign a season long loan for Chesterfield before he had that wonderful tournament in Toulon with England and came back with rave reviews. I'm pretty sure that provided a different perspective on him and was the reason why we kept hold of him - even then though he only made a handful of starts for us before we sold him on.

I think we are a bit short of strikers who can be effective at Prem level. I honestly would be intrigued if we brought him back and gave him a chance in the first team. He can't be any worse than some (not all) of the others we've got?

We'd probably want to try him out somewhere in the Championship or the top end of League One before fully deciding, I would have thought.

RND - mates a rochdale fan and raves about him very week. Regularly their best player on the pitch.

As for Parkhouse, seems like he just wants to play football. Maybe United have told him it won't be here, but I wouldn't know.

As for the comment about talking to the press... if you're a local lad banging goals in for your local team, whilst on loan with perhaps a possibility of a return, the press will be all over you. Fuck all else to report on over there outside the months of June and July when the weirdos march about. (I've lived in Co. Derry, it's dull)

Can't see us bothering now we can spend £20,000,000 on strikers, after all good strikers are 10 a penny at this level so why take the chance ?........ :rolleyes:

PS.
Could be that I just hate the thought of Everton ripping us off again & again & again...……..:tumbleweed:

It's all guesswork on who can progress and develope, Parkhouse however has been noticed by some bigger clubs as a possible future player and only time will tell. Every year academyplayers even at prem clubs are given a run in the teams, often due to injurycrisis, and some actually do lift their game and do ok. It's the old baseline on who get much better playing with better players, the hard part is to maintain that level over time. Abraham and Mount would probably never have had the chance of proving themselves at Chelsea without the signing ban. Bissaka could still be playing u-23 at Palace but for two rightbacks injured, and so the stories goes. Some players have had good careers playing a limited game even in the premiership. However numbers of players have come good after lenghty spells at lower leagues. Lundstram ,Stevens, Fleck,Norwood and Egan all released as not good enough once, look were they are now, an impossible verdict some years back.

Apparently out of contract in the summer, currently on loan to Derry city until the end of their season in October and unless signed to a new contract will be available to sign a pre contract in January.
Apparently Celtic and a host of other clubs currently scouting him.
Could he be one of the few to slip the net or does our management team not rate him?

Lad probably wants guarantees about first team football, which lets be fair, isn’t going to happen immediately here. Maybe doesn’t fancy a loan to League One either, or maybe the rumour of Celtic after him had some truth in it. Would be annoying to lose a potentially decent player for nothing though.

With half of the strike force on the older side. A bit of patience and another loan in the championship or league one might be a decent option for him. We can see how he develops.

There’s a definite pathway here if he is willing to be patient. That said it’s a short career tbf.

On one hand, if Celtic are sniffing round I can't blame him for holding out.

On the other, FUCK OFF YOU UNGRATEFUL WANKPUFFIN. Parkhouse?! More like SHITHOUSE.

No really, makes sense and understandable if he doesn't sign a new contract.

Twat.

We have seen it all before and to he truthful only he can decide.
Either way good luck.
Didn't we have a young lad (loan player)who was a world beater and it didn't work out.

You can't blame him for wanting first team football.
After all, we signed Brooks because we were more attractive to him for first team football.

If we can't give him that option then he has the right to seek it elsewhere.

At the moment it's doubtful we would risk giving any young players from the academy exposure to the first team, when premiership survival is important.

I would imagine most young players know first team football at BL is very unlikely but are happy to develop their skills through our coaching team as they have a good record of producing capable pros, who go on to have careers with other teams.

He probably decided he could get more money and/or playing time elsewhere. He is almost certainly correct. He could be the next Kevin Davies or the next Andy Smith. Only one thing is certain. Every time he scores, someone is bound to start a new thread on here.

On one hand, if Celtic are sniffing round I can't blame him for holding out.

On the other, FUCK OFF YOU UNGRATEFUL WANKPUFFIN. Parkhouse?! More like SHITHOUSE.

No really, makes sense and understandable if he doesn't sign a new contract.

Twat.
Given you a like just for the use of the term 'Wankpuffin.'

Looks like it's not gonna happen anyway but I suppose the only way he could be persuaded to stay here is if CW said to him just hold out until January where I'll be able to revise the 25 man squad, as Leon is likely to move out on a loan/permanent deal.

DP may not be ready for the elite level yet but there is still no harm in giving him some minutes (if he warrants it in training of course) to see what he can do, not ideal to miss out on a player that looks like becoming a goalscorer.

If its true about Celtic, would he get in their title chasing first team any quicker than ours? I know the SPL is of a much lower standard but with Stevie G's Rangers keeping pace with them how realistic is it they'd take a chance on him?

If he does leave good luck to him anyway.

You can't blame him for wanting first team football.
After all, we signed Brooks because we were more attractive to him for first team football.

If we can't give him that option then he has the right to seek it elsewhere.

At the moment it's doubtful we would risk giving any young players from the academy exposure to the first team, when premiership survival is important.

I would imagine most young players know first team football at BL is very unlikely but are happy to develop their skills through our coaching team as they have a good record of producing capable pros, who go on to have careers with other teams.

Why the fuck do we waste money on developing players who 'go on to have careers with other teams'?

Why the fuck do we waste money on developing players who 'go on to have careers with other teams'?

Because we either unearth a gem, or we get nice fat sell on clauses from sell ons.

I expect this will become less frequent now though as we don't 'have' to sell any prospects.

Because we either unearth a gem, or we get nice fat sell on clauses from sell ons.

I expect this will become less frequent now though as we don't 'have' to sell any prospects.

The nice fat sell on is spent on two goalies, four full backs, four centre halves, eight midfielders, three strikers and eight back room staff just so that talented sonny Jim can have a kick around every day.

We're part of a reasonably sensible overall system. Where youngsters benefit from coaching & the chance to develop their football skills alongside & against other talented youngsters. All our First Team squad played Development Football. Without Development Football, David McGoldrick (as an eg) wouldn't be the player he is today. Personally, I do not view Development Football as a waste of money.

We're part of a reasonably sensible overall system. Where youngsters benefit from coaching & the chance to develop their football skills alongside & against other talented youngsters. All our First Team squad played Development Football. Without Development Football, David McGoldrick (as an eg) wouldn't be the player he is today. Personally, I do not view Development Football as a waste of money.

Of course it's all opinions but I'll take some convincing that I'm not right.

See #82

Looks like it's not gonna happen anyway but I suppose the only way he could be persuaded to stay here is if CW said to him just hold out until January where I'll be able to revise the 25 man squad, as Leon is likely to move out on a loan/permanent deal.

As he's under 21 and come through the academy he wouldn't count towards the 25 man squad even if we did use him.

I don't care how good he might turn out to be, if he doesn't want to be here he can fuck off to Man City or Morecambe for all I care.

Given his age, he will attract some compensation I assume.

Even if Celtic come for him, they can't take him for nothing.

He's at a critical career point and personally I'd say stay on United's books a little longer.

Him signing a new deal or joining another team isn't going to gather him a signing on fee of any significance. He's hardly got any sort of reputation.

As mediocre as the SPL is, he's hardly likely to be put up front to be understudy to Edison Odsonne. Celtic have plenty of players and that is not to mention they play one up front and middys like Sinclair also can play there.

He's a lad who could do with the security of a parent club and a solid 6 months at league one level.

It's one thing having a good run of form in men's football at pretty much semi-pro level in the League of Ireland, but League One is a good barometer at sorting the men from the boys. I don't believe Parkhouse was seen as better than Tyler Smith and it's clear he's experienced a pretty steep learning curve at that level.

It's too big a leap to go from LofI to the PL though advising he's now the 6th choice behind Lys, Oli, Didzy, Billy and Callum is the most realistic he can get.

In terms of trajectory, unless he sets the world on fire, sign a 2 year extention, 6 months in League One, followed by the full 2020/21 in the Championship is as speedy as he can realistically expect.

Then take a view. He'll either leave in the summer of 2021 having gained some valuable experience or he'll be considered for the first team.

Then again, his agent will make very little from that sensible course of action, so perhaps there lies the rub!

Given his age, he will attract some compensation I assume.

Even if Celtic come for him, they can't take him for nothing.

He's at a critical career point and personally I'd say stay on United's books a little longer.

Him signing a new deal or joining another team isn't going to gather him a signing on fee of any significance. He's hardly got any sort of reputation.

As mediocre as the SPL is, he's hardly likely to be put up front to be understudy to Edison Odsonne. Celtic have plenty of players and that is not to mention they play one up front and middys like Sinclair also can play there.

He's a lad who could do with the security of a parent club and a solid 6 months at league one level.

It's one thing having a good run of form in men's football at pretty much semi-pro level in the League of Ireland, but League One is a good barometer at sorting the men from the boys. I don't believe Parkhouse was seen as better than Tyler Smith and it's clear he's experienced a pretty steep learning curve at that level.

It's too big a leap to go from LofI to the PL though advising he's now the 6th choice behind Lys, Oli, Didzy, Billy and Callum is the most realistic he can get.

In terms of trajectory, unless he sets the world on fire, sign a 2 year extention, 6 months in League One, followed by the full 2020/21 in the Championship is as speedy as he can realistically expect.

Then take a view. He'll either leave in the summer of 2021 having gained some valuable experience or he'll be considered for the first team.

Then again, his agent will make very little from that sensible course of action, so perhaps there lies the rub!

If he's being told that he'll get anything but that latter scenario anywhere, then he's I'll advised by his agent.

Back
Top Bottom