David Parkhouse

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

isnt this just a because of the inflated fees that if you chuck enough at a wall then some will stick. that they will just buy loads of poteinal & if 1 or 2 stick you paid for other 8 or 9 that dont. Celtic doing this all the time look at dembele got for free sold for £22m

Of it could all be a case of he's in contract talks and his agent is putting out stories in the press. Not the first time that's happened...

parkhouse isn’t good enough having seen him twice for u23s and given he’s playing in Derry, wont play for us again. End of

I thought Calvert-Lewin looked out of his depth in the few first-team appearances he made for us. A few months later, he was playing regularly in the Premier League. Far too early to write him off.

parkhouse isn’t good enough having seen him twice for u23s and given he’s playing in Derry, wont play for us again. End of

He's that 'shit' that he's now being talked about as the new Jamie Vardy and Everton are interested:

Give him a 3 year deal then flog him on to Everton.

On a very cheerful note Norrington-Davies had another cracking for Rochdale game last night. My informant is a qualified FA coach and spent many a year coaching people at all levels and ages. I'd certainly call him a good judge of a player.
Young RN-D is rated very very highly by both SU & Wales, I was chatting to an ex Blade & someone who is now involved with the Wales national setup and he was extremely positive about this young man.

He's that 'shit' that he's now being talked about as the new Jamie Vardy and Everton are interested:

I'd be happier with give him a three year deal and them let him go out on loan to Rochdale or similar like we've done with Norrington-Davies. If we sell him now we'll get peanuts for him and who knows, he could be a future Blades player.

That's the Spirit. All our First Team players played Academy Football. Just (in the main) not with us.

Got me thinking this, When did we get Acadamy status? I was at Wendy they were an Acadamy whilst the Blades were a SOE. did Billy ever play under the "Acadamy Status"? hes one year older than me

Everton are interested in signing 19-year-old Northern Irish striker David Parkhouse, who is currently on loan at Derry City from Sheffield United.

According to BBC Sport!

Obviously, if the club do something different, I'm opening myself to criticism from the Wilder Cultists. As you know, he has Super Hero Powers to watch every game, at any level, anywhere on Earth (and further afield), he can process & make instant decisions on players, that are always right. And, if it looks like he's cocked up, he can plant thoughts in fan's "minds". If only he weren't so fat...

As you know Phil it doesn't work like that. You know the structure at the academy and the recruitment that goes on. It's through information pass starting at under 7's (used to be Mark Grayson when my lad was being looked at but I think he has moved to the dark side). So if someone is doing well, the many professionals at the academy tell Wilder, Paul Mitchel and Knill to have a look at a lad. So Wilder can see then make a judgement without having to see them all but does get to see the few that have an opportunity. So in essence he does get to see who he needs to see. Also as regards "every game every level" Chris Wilder like all "people in football" has a network who pass on information and then Paul Mitchel (who Chris Wilder appointed) will check it out, if Paul Mitchel spots someone Wilder will have a look. So again Wilder gets to see everyone he needs to. So call me a Wilder Cultist cos like when Bassett left when he finally does leave I will be gutted., I can't remember times as good as these as I was Very young when Harris was manager and all the players were great but I didn't understand who did what other than Currie was somehow better than the others. Wilder's genius is the making and improving on teams, being it his backroom team, the team that run the Academy, the first team, the squad and even the fans as a team. Bramall lane is louder each week than it was under Warnock or Bassett.

I'd be happier with give him a three year deal and them let him go out on loan to Rochdale or similar like we've done with Norrington-Davies. If we sell him now we'll get peanuts for him and who knows, he could be a future Blades player.
If he’s out of contract at the end of the season and didn’t enjoy his time at the academy I’d be very surprised if he accepted a new contract offer when the likes of Everton are interested.

I thought Calvert-Lewin looked out of his depth in the few first-team appearances he made for us. A few months later, he was playing regularly in the Premier League. Far too early to write him off.
Yeah and I'm still not convinced he is good enough neither are many Everton fans. Never seen anything from him to suggest we got it hugely wrong letting him go when we did.

As you know Phil it doesn't work like that. You know the structure at the academy and the recruitment that goes on. It's through information pass starting at under 7's (used to be Mark Grayson when my lad was being looked at but I think he has moved to the dark side). So if someone is doing well, the many professionals at the academy tell Wilder, Paul Mitchel and Knill to have a look at a lad. So Wilder can see then make a judgement without having to see them all but does get to see the few that have an opportunity. So in essence he does get to see who he needs to see. Also as regards "every game every level" Chris Wilder like all "people in football" has a network who pass on information and then Paul Mitchel (who Chris Wilder appointed) will check it out, if Paul Mitchel spots someone Wilder will have a look. So again Wilder gets to see everyone he needs to. So call me a Wilder Cultist cos like when Bassett left when he finally does leave I will be gutted., I can't remember times as good as these as I was Very young when Harris was manager and all the players were great but I didn't understand who did what other than Currie was somehow better than the others. Wilder's genius is the making and improving on teams, being it his backroom team, the team that run the Academy, the first team, the squad and even the fans as a team. Bramall lane is louder each week than it was under Warnock or Bassett.
SelbyBlade Aren't you & me making the same point? I certainly agree with everything you say except "genius".

I hear you Brother. And I'll take it on board. But, I'm a Parody Artist. There is no such thing as the Carrier Bag Firm. There are no Wilder Cultists. My writing style for my Blogs, Fanzines, posts on here, is to take an idea, and take it to the extreme. I'm just pushing doors. I don't actually agree with the Shit I write. But, point taken, understood.....
what?? the carrier bag firm don't exist?? is nothing sacred :(

If he’s out of contract at the end of the season and didn’t enjoy his time at the academy I’d be very surprised if he accepted a new contract offer when the likes of Everton are interested.
Accepting that we don't know what's true & what isn't. This could be a big moment for Utd. When Premier League Bournemouth & Everton came knocking for Aaron Ramsdale & Dom, we held no cards. Basically, League One Sheffield United had to wave bye bye. That is not the dynamic anymore for Premier League Sheffield United.

Accepting that we don't know what's true & what isn't. This could be a big moment for Utd. When Premier League Bournemouth & Everton came knocking for Aaron Ramsdale & Dom, we held no cards. Basically, League One Sheffield United had to wave bye bye. That is not the dynamic anymore for Premier League Sheffield United.
I agree and if the academy staff rate him we should try hard to keep him. I’m just making the point that he’s a human being with his own views and opinions and it’s not as easy as just ‘give him a contract’ because we have no idea whether he wants one or wants to try his luck somewhere else, as that option seems to be available.

If Everton sign him then I think we would be due a % of any sell on?
In any road I expect that we would have an option to extend for 12 months? It seems most of our contracts have these on nowadays? Unless we have already exercised the extra year.

My favourite Parky story goes as follows....
The Carrier Bag Firm have a contact in Northern Ireland. We asked him for "eyes on" when David played for Northern Ireland U21 v Estonia in 2017. Here. Verbatim is the scouting report he sent us...

NI 4-2 Estonia
Parky played 90mins
Was Estonias best player

On a very cheerful note Norrington-Davies had another cracking for Rochdale game last night. My informant is a qualified FA coach and spent many a year coaching people at all levels and ages. I'd certainly call him a good judge of a player.

First time I went to watch the under 23s with my son, I singled out Norrington Davies as a great player for the future.

I also got a patronising telling off on here for saying Tyler Smith wasn't ready for the first team because I wasn't a regular watcher of the under 23s. I didn't realise it was a closed shop and haven't been since.

First time I went to watch the under 23s with my son, I singled out Norrington Davies as a great player for the future.

I also got a patronising telling off on here for saying Tyler Smith wasn't ready for the first team because I wasn't a regular watcher of the under 23s. I didn't realise it was a closed shop and haven't been since.
Keef Chedwyn I've had a chance to have my say on this thread. (Generally) I come in Peace & Piss taking. I hope it wasn't me who binned you off for not being a regular watcher of the under 23s. If it was, I'll apologise unreservedly. But.....
I do get the shivers. Really. Really. You see RND in one U23 game, the first time you've watched one according to your post, and you're able to single him out as a great player for the future. I mean. By all means "he played well" "he was man of the match" "I'd like to see more of him" "he was good at...."
But, will you meet me some way down the track - it sounds a bit implausible that you can see RND once & already know he'll be a great player in the future. If you feel you can do that. Good on yer. But, to me, that seems to be pushing it a bit. Yours in Peace.....

Keef Chedwyn I've had a chance to have my say on this thread. (Generally) I come in Peace & Piss taking. I hope it wasn't me who binned you off for not being a regular watcher of the under 23s. If it was, I'll apologise unreservedly. But.....
I do get the shivers. Really. Really. You see RND in one U23 game, the first time you've watched one according to your post, and you're able to single him out as a great player for the future. I mean. By all means "he played well" "he was man of the match" "I'd like to see more of him" "he was good at...."
But, will you meet me some way down the track - it sounds a bit implausible that you can see RND once & already know he'll be a great player in the future. If you feel you can do that. Good on yer. But, to me, that seems to be pushing it a bit. Yours in Peace.....

Don't worry, I won't be bothering you U23 experts again, I'm nowhere near your level.

It wasn't you that binned me the first time round so no bother with you. Being the resident youth expert does seem to have gone to your head a bit though.

Don't worry, I won't be bothering you U23 experts again, I'm nowhere near your level.

It wasn't you that binned me the first time round so no bother with you. Being the resident youth expert does seem to have gone to your head a bit though.
And I hear that as well. Sorry if you feel I've mixed up my creative writing with my factual writing. I intend to more clearly separate in the future. But, my head.... one game & you can call it as he'll be a great player. You're still OK with that are you?

And I hear that as well. Sorry if you feel I've mixed up my creative writing with my factual writing. I intend to more clearly separate in the future. But, my head.... one game & you can call it as he'll be a great player. You're still OK with that are you?

Can't actually remember my exact wording but as far as I was aware, I could say what the fuck I want based on what I saw.

Obviously not. Your little firm is evidently better off as a closed shop. All the best with it.

Can't actually remember my exact wording but as far as I was aware, I could say what the fuck I want based on what I saw.

Obviously not. Your little firm is evidently better off as a closed shop. All the best with it.
Of course. I support all that. Any of us can say what the fuck we want. That's what I'm doing. We're on the same side on that

Parkhouse ropey for u23s not first team

Who said he’s ‘shit’?

Of it could all be a case of he's in contract talks and his agent is putting out stories in the press. Not the first time that's happened...
Absolutely spot on........although I think it is a shame that young men of his age have got agents.

Yeah and I'm still not convinced he is good enough neither are many Everton fans. Never seen anything from him to suggest we got it hugely wrong letting him go when we did.

We clearly did get it hugely wrong in a financial sense though, didn't we?

We sold young english player, capable of playing premier league football for less than £2m. His value now would likely be in excess of £20m.

Back
Top Bottom