Neal Maupay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilder said: "We had discussions with Neal in the summer. There were quite a few clubs in the same pond. We wanted to improve at the top of the pitch and he was a player we knew a lot about with his exploits at Brentford.

"As I say, we looked at him and he was a possibility but players make their choices and he chose to sign for Brighton.

QED.

Any info on interest in Ollie Watkins?

Wilder said: "We had discussions with Neal in the summer. There were quite a few clubs in the same pond. We wanted to improve at the top of the pitch and he was a player we knew a lot about with his exploits at Brentford.

"As I say, we looked at him and he was a possibility but players make their choices and he chose to sign for Brighton.

QED.

Bit obsessed with us, aren't you?

Is it because we had your pants down with O'Connell and Egan, or are you still convinced they weren't good enough for your mid-table Championship project?

QED.
How are you still here ffs?

QED.
Notice he said discussions with Neal. Which means we had permission, which means Bid accepted. Odd you would post this.

All of it. Word for word.

I can't tell whether this is self depreciating, sarcastic humour on your part, or if you genuinely believe that? Are you too embarrassed to expand?

I don't really get why you came back on here gloating about Wilder's comments when they quite clearly don't back up anything you said. They almost completely backup Richard Cadette

I’m surprised any of you are surprised... Its almost as if the annoying troll who supports another team isn’t prepared to come on our forum and admit the bald-faced truth - imagine that!

All of it. Word for word.

Problem with that though is that you changed your tune several times as it became obvious when you were wrong. Which ‘word’ are we going with on this occasion?

Notice he said discussions with Neal. Which means we had permission, which means Bid accepted. Odd you would post this.
If you really think that discussions with "Neal" mean that Mr Maupay got on the 11:34 from St Pancras to Sheffield rather than his agent then you don't understand how the world works.

It is utterly refutable that you had official permission to talk to the player as that would mean a transfer fee had been agreed, and, as you know (and everyone else does), it wasn't. So cut the crap.

I don't like being disagreeable with the better side in Sheffield, but really chaps, you can admit when you are incorrect.

Last edited:
Problem with that though is that you changed your tune several times as it became obvious when you were wrong. Which ‘word’ are we going with on this occasion?
There were no bids. You friends will confirm that I have been rather consistent on this matter....

If you really think that discussions with "Neal" mean that Mr Maupay got on the 11:34 from St Pancras to Sheffield rather than his agent then you don't understand how the world works.

It is utterly refutable that you had official permission to talk to the player as that would mean a transfer fee had been agreed, and, as you know (and everyone else does), it wasn't. So cut the crap.

I don't like being disagreeable with the better side in Sheffield, but really chaps, you can admit when you are incorrect.

I’d just like to point out that this is incorrect and it shows that you really don’t understand how things often work. There doesn’t have to have been a fee agreed with the selling club before permission to talk the player is given.

Seems we have a difference of opinion Banana, ( seems to be the brown squashy of nomuse to no one as it has been in the cupboard too long type) as your guy was at BDTBL. As a fee had been agreed and he was photographed on the pitch etc etc but his agent then asked for another £500k. Wilder told him to do one.
As we have our own business model which works, you know we in the premiership and you in the championship, Wilder knows what he is doing and will not be taken for a ride, thus we signed McBurnie.
The fact that we have had two other recent signings from you who have gone on to bigger and better things, whilst improving their value and contracts, suggests that your man made the wrong decision. Time will tell but I assure you that you have become a very boring man, with the wrong information. Subsequently suggest that you go waste someone else’s time!

You quoted Chris Wilder as 'word for word'.
He clearly said we had spoken to Maupay. Now you seem to be backtracking on that ?
You've lost the argument buddy, accept it with grace. You can say what you like, but none of it is corroborated. Chris Wilders words are the only truth.
Good luck to Brentford, they seem to be doing rather well 👍

Clearly a fee was agreed hence talking to Neal. You are clearly wrong, get over it.

You don’t have to agree a fee to talk to the player, you just need permission from the other club.
It is the common way of doing it. Add to that the most itk poster we have had said a bid was made it all adds up.

Back
Top Bottom