Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thanks for that info, often seen it on photos thinking the club had placed it there. There used to a group of about six young women on the Terrace in the 50's. always stood Lane side of player entrance. Later in life found out one was a near neighbour, small world.

What would Greaves be worth in todays money scored for fun.
He'd be priceless, the greatest British goalscorer that ever lived or ever will live.

If ever a sportsman ever deserved an honour, knighthood etc it's him. But the bastards ignore him and instead give them to the likes of Trevor Brooking.
It will be too late soon.

This photo, with the caption, is in a Charles Buchan's Soccer Gift Book 1957-58, Christmas gift from an aunt. Ces to the right of Barrass, who seems to be in some sort of metamorphic transition. It obviously didn't improve his game, just 18 league and 3 FAC games in total, '56-57. I saw two of the cup games V Huddersfield firstly away 0-0 draw, with a 16 year old Dennis Law, dirty little bugger and Howard Johnson nicknamed 'Tank' at centre forward! Joe Mercer baffled supporters many a time, Johnson was a centre half. I went to the replay by kind permission of the headmaster after a group decided to wag it. On hearing this he called the footie team to his office giving us permission to attend. My grandad and uncle's faces were a picture when they saw me and mates till we explained. Remember we stood at the back of players entrance. If you knew the Terrace at that time there was ability to traverse Lane end to Kop end, ended when JSS was extended forwards. Our position gave us a good view to see Tommy Hoyland sent off but my memory fails as to the incident. A 1-1 draw with John Spencer netting for Blades. Lost 2nd replay 2-1 at Main Rd.

Alan Ball opens the scoring with a penalty in the 1st half but 2nd half headers (both from Woody's crosses) from Reece and Addison got us through to the next round of the FA Cup. 3/1/70.

I wasnt at the match but became a committed Blade after watching the highlights on YTV in the next day so I am now 2 months away from being a committed Blades fan for 50 years!

Back
Top Bottom