Well played Leicester

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree with op that Leicester played well they have skill up top and their defenders impressed me , who is the fella with the Afro ? Though he was very good
, pressed us and in 1st half they were the better team
2nd half we could have edged it but a great strike won it

You cannot do silly mistakes like bash today and get away with it in this league

But we will learn and move on

Great atmosphere today and so nice to have 2sets of fans up for it , can't genuinely remember the last game like that at home !?

McBurnie has to start next game. The McGoldrick & Robinson partnership isn't threatening enough. I'd probably drop Robinson.

Basham has built himself up a lot of credit in the bank, so I'm not going to overreact to his error today. Suffice to say, he was one that I had concerns about at this level & if those sorts of errors continue then we will need to look at it.

Norwood battled hard & did pretty well in the middle, whilst Freeman continues to impress with his work rate & willingness to dribble with the ball.

I thought Egan was excellent, a couple of times I thought he'd been turned but he recovered well. Baldock & Stevens have stepped up to this level comfortably & both had good games again, but the delivery needs to be better & earlier from them (although not sure they have much of a target when McG & Robinson are on together).

Some really positive signs. Leicester clearly played the best stuff, but in patches, they didn't dominate for significantly long periods. There's not a lot anyone can do about worldies & if Barnes doesn't score that goal then I think we're taking something from the game, it was against the run of play at that point in time.

There's more to come from this team of ours. We're solid defensively & can compete in midfield (quite ferociously at times). But if we are to survive we need to improve in the final third. We need to be quicker, more accurate, more direct. The players we've brought in; Ravel, Mousset, Robinson - one of them has to come good for us & give us what we're missing at the top of the pitch. Otherwise we're going to be continually slogging it out for points & be in the relegation battle. Of course, there's no shame in this. However, if we are being ambitious (& I've no reason to doubt Wilder is setting his sights high) then the goals need to become easier to come by for us.

Last edited:
Choudhury was immense. Cracking hair too.

How Dier and Lingard are ahead of Choudhury and Maddison in the England setup is beyond me.

Best player on the park today, very commanding performance. Would love someone like that in our side. He read everything. Southgate was there today, I'd be surprised if he's not named in the next England squad.

Well we didn't get anything, so I take it we're already relegated?

No, the name of the game is limit the damage against the teams from Leicester/Wolves up (sneaking the odd positive result where possible) and beating the teams around us.

There is a difference between playing a decent team where it’s going to difficult and “never going to get anything”

Leicester are a decent side that will more than likely finish top 8-10 at least, but they’re a similar quality to Wolves, Everton and West Ham to me. We can easily beat these teams if we play to our best, especially at home.

Yes start McBurnie and Sharp next home game, and Chelsea because why not eh??

But I honestly think that was far more encouraging for our prospects than the win last week. We're still adjusting to the pace and to the reffing- it's fair enough moaning when they give free kicks but you can't dive in full stop. Apart from that, matched them all over. Baldock and Norwood superb
I thought Norwood was poor today.

Way too many loose passes putting our own players under pressure, including the one that Basham lost for the first goal, far too many passes to no one and several nesh challenges.

That said they were better than us all over the park, had more quality and put us under constant pressure when we had the ball.

The only time we really got any kind of a foothold was when they declared and brought Morgan on.

I'm not down hearted though. I thought we did ok and I said before the game that I think we're more likely to get points off Chelsea next week than Leicester today.

Every day's a school day and I'm sure we will grow into this league.

I thought Norwood was poor today.

Way too many loose passes putting our own players under pressure, including the one that Basham lost for the first goal, far too many passes to no one and several nesh challenges.

That said they were better than us all over the park, had more quality and put us under constant pressure when we had the ball.

The only time we really got any kind of a foothold was when they declared and brought Morgan on.

I'm not down hearted though. I thought we did ok and I said before the game that I think we're more likely to get points off Chelsea next week than Leicester today.

Every day's a school day and I'm sure we will grow into this league.
Agree about Norwood today he had an absolute shocker and I think that set the tone but to be fair we were poor all over the park ( in that first half )and some of the passing was as poor as I've seen from us

McG and Robinson had a tough outing .In the 1st half their defenders easily handled our high crosses into the box.
Getting the subs on in the 2nd half caused them to start struggling.

Similar to how I saw it. Couldnt decide if we missed Fleck or we're just seeing a better quality team than previously faced.
I'd like to see Robinson as an impact sub next time out.
We did miss fleck mate big time especially the first 25 minutes Freeman disappointed me today

It's a side that expected to roll us over and they certainly didn't do that.

Fuck me though, there's players on the pitch today that have actually won the Premier League and we're supposed to beat them easily? Two good results and people are getting a bit over excited.

It's another decent overall performance, scored another goal from open play, should have and will do better regarding the first goal. We're three games in and that's a very good Leicester side. There's no shame in losing and no right to expect better than what we got.

You lot played incredible 2nd half, definitely deserved at least a draw from that, just think that little bit more prem experience and quality showed with taking our chances when we got them (obviously helped massively that Barnes scored a banger)

Play like that in rest of your games and you will be fine, home fans were brilliant as well

Good luck for the rest of the season (except when you come to the king power of course!)

If Freeman's brain was connected to his feet he'd be the best player in the world, some of his ideas were brilliant in the first half, the continuous misplaced passes not so much (not that he was the only one).

Didn't think Leicester played well at all really, there's bags of talent in that midfield and other than through balls to Vardy on the counter they were just hoping for set pieces to create chances, showed very little ambition.

Play like we did in the second half and we have nothing to fear UTB FTP

Was talking to two Leicester fans after the match.
They were very impressed and said we looked a similar standard to Wolves, when they played them the other week.

They said they know the league well and if we play like that every week there’s no way we will go down.

We have not had a good first half in all 3 matches, feel there are one or two players not having enough belief in themselves .

Wilder obviously gets in there ribs at half time and we have been the best team in 2nd halves.
Leicester started working us in the first half but we showed great discipline and they created nothing, until we paid the price of Bash caught in possession the difference then was being punished for it.Probably have got away with it last season .
Nothing to be despondent about it's a learning curve.
We need to start better and believe in ourselves.
MOM for me G Baldock he looks really at home in premiership.

They were very impressed and said we looked a similar standard to Wolves, when they played them the other week.

They said they know the league well and if we play like that every week there’s no way we will go down.
That’s good to hear and I’m sure Chris Wilder once he’s found his feet will take this league by the scruff

[

I agree with them !!!
The second half was very close. You will give lots of teams problems.

McGoldrick and Robinson are not strikers, there feeders like the old inside forwards used to be, their job is to get the ball to the centre forward (striker)and feed off any scraps. when the striker lays the ball off. but their not tough or quick enough to be the C/F (striker).
This all takes me back to the Div 1 days, when we pulled our selves back into a game then some bugger would hit a worldie from some where out on the wing in the last ten minutes and we would lose the game, But I think these lads will find their feet and get betterr as we get further into the season.

At the moment with all this attention he's getting Mr Wilder must feel like the eyes of the world are on him and the urge to play safe must be very very strong but our management team are too strong not to come through all this with flying colours

Leicester were everything we'd expect.

I'll single out Choudhury though, he's excellent at what he does. Without him today we'd have got a point.

Have a look at the interceptions and tackles stats at the end of the season - bet he's in the top 5 for both.

Have to agree ,I thought we were great 2nd half,when McBurnie scored I fancied us to win the game but a worldly of a goal and we just couldn’t create a great chance for the equaliser
I fancy us maybe nicking a point away at Chelsea👍

Apart from the great chance saved yes?

Dont forget Lundstram nearly equalised in the second half but for Schmee Schmee. Should have been 2-2 or even 2-1 due to that mistake on the first goal. Thought Norwood had a mare in the first half.

Dont get why Robinson starts over Sharp or Beardy to me he hasnt proved himself.

I thought we played well for the most part, but I wish we’d put in some earlier crosses.
Said similar to my pal. They put some quality balls in. We pissed around with it.

Still fairly happy with performance. I'd agree with CW re goals. 2nd was a class finish but clearance went straight to him.

Im certainly endured though as we pt them under pressure and scored four 3rd time on trot in this league

Dont forget Lundstram nearly equalised in the second half but for Schmee Schmee. Should have been 2-2 or even 2-1 due to that mistake on the first goal. Thought Norwood had a mare in the first half.

Dont get why Robinson starts over Sharp or Beardy to me he hasnt proved himself.
Robinson looked great last week, much weaker this week.

Back
Top Bottom