Well played Leicester

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah he needs to play with someone with a bit more of an "in your face" attitude, I thought it'd be Robbo and Bill to be honest at the start of the season, they were a good pairing in preseason.

I think McG and Robbo are just too nice, defenders can quickly grasp their games, whereas McBurnie with his flailing limbs and height is more of a question mark, same with Bill, strength and positioning, you can't leave him alone - he'll always drag a defender.
McBurnie seems to be getting something on everything. More often than not we keep the ball. Robinson and McGoldrick have been losing it far too easily. Like you say the other two seem to have a lot more strength and don’t seem as naive.

We were never going to get anything out of today. But that was promising nonetheless. We need to make sure we keep putting away the teams like Palace because the gulf to the top eight or so is too big.

Never going to get anything against Leicester at home? Really? Might as well start planning for the Championship now with that attitude!

Never going to get anything against Leicester at home? Really? Might as well start planning for the Championship now with that attitude!

Well we didn't get anything, so I take it we're already relegated?

No, the name of the game is limit the damage against the teams from Leicester/Wolves up (sneaking the odd positive result where possible) and beating the teams around us.

Cos they've got top class match winners and we don't not at this level.

We matched them...but lost. That's the thing isn't it? We played as well as they did, more or less, but more of less is where the difference is. You don't get any points for 'could have won'.

As someone said earlier, these teams represent a free hit. You're not likely to get anything from them but neither are the rest of the bottom half. Put away the teams around us and we'll be fine. We've started well so far in that regard.
If we started with McBurnie and Sharp and showed them less respect in the first half we could easily have won that. We didn’t just match them 2bd half we were far better. Leicester are not good enough to be considered a free hit at HOME.

Sorry but no, the team clearly had the same mentality as some of the fans in the first half. If we started with McBurnie and played our game we win that. Leicester clearly weren’t all that and if we have that mentality we’re as good as down.
I agree to a certain extent why we approach the game like an away game for the first 25 gives them the initiative after that we were as good imo practice what you preach Cris go for it

If we started with McBurnie and Sharp and showed them less respect in the first half we could easily have won that. We didn’t just match them 2bd half we were far better. Leicester are not good enough to be considered a free hit at HOME.

They play a similar way we do. only they have players like Maddison and Vardy instead of Freeman and Sharp. These aren't the games that will make or break our season.

I agree with his. Wilder got it wrong from the start today IMO. Far too cautious.

Thought we looked nervous and were desperate for someone to take responsibility and do something to lift spirit and confidence. Maybe that was what Basham was trying to do? Generally our defenders just gave the ball back to them, clearing, rather than using composure and skill to find a proper pass. The way they pressed us gave us too little time on the ball and we made a number of errors.

We'll make changes up front for our next league game. It's not been easy for Robinson and McGoldrick and certainly the former may benefit from a rest. McBurnie was outstanding again and will surely start from now on.

They play a similar way we do. only they have players like Maddison and Vardy instead of Freeman and Sharp. These aren't the games that will make or break our season.
Do you remember the last time we went down? Every game can break our season.

Tbf, I don't recall seeing much of Maddison, think we kept him quiet today.

Do you remember the last time we went down? Every game can break our season.

13 years ago, which of course means we were doomed this season before a ball was kicked...

It was dropping points to the likes of Portsmouth (home) and Charlton (away) that did for us that year.

Oh, and the fucking game at Villa where apparently we were bound to lose because they had handed out some fucking flags and had a little European Cup celebration.

Sorry but no, the team clearly had the same mentality as some of the fans in the first half. If we started with McBurnie and played our game we win that. Leicester clearly weren’t all that and if we have that mentality we’re as good as down.

Strongly disagree. It was nothing to do with the strikers in the first half. It was down to misplaced passes, which largely came from the back three, i thought they all had a bit of an off day in that regard. That aside we did little wrong and had those passes not been misplaced, maybe the 'strikers' that started the game would have had a sniff.

Tbf, I don't recall seeing much of Maddison, think we kept him quiet today.

And again, therein lines the rub. Maddison was 'kept quiet' but created a goal. How many times are our lads going to play poorly but make match-winning contributions? Have many are going to score with hits likes Barnes'? There comes a point where effort and tactics are going to cut it.

Yes start McBurnie and Sharp next home game, and Chelsea because why not eh??

But I honestly think that was far more encouraging for our prospects than the win last week. We're still adjusting to the pace and to the reffing- it's fair enough moaning when they give free kicks but you can't dive in full stop. Apart from that, matched them all over. Baldock and Norwood superb

They did exactly what one of their fans said they would and stop us getting our centre backs forward.

That said we had some good chances to score, we need to be more clinical.

Leicester pretty much had two chances and scored both.

13 years ago, which of course means we were doomed this season before a ball was kicked...

It was dropping points to the likes of Portsmouth (home) and Charlton (away) that did for us that year.

Oh, and the fucking game at Villa where apparently we were bound to lose because they had handed out some fucking flags and had a little European Cup celebration.
Didn’t say we were doomed because we lost to Leicester. We will be relegated however if we adopt a free hit mentality to games we could easily get a result from.

McBurnie has to start next game. The McGoldrick & Robinson partnership isn't threatening enough.

Didn’t say we were doomed because we lost to Leicester. We will be relegated however if we adopt a free hit mentality to games we could easily get a result from.

The 'doomed' business was a joke based on the whole 'Relegated on the Final Day every 13 years' thing. Which comes around again this year.

And again, therein lines the rub. Maddison was 'kept quiet' but created a goal. How many times are our lads going to play poorly but make match-winning contributions? Have many are going to score with hits likes Barnes'? There comes a point where effort and tactics are going to cut it.

You're a cheery soul Guesty :rolleyes:

You're a cheery soul Guesty :rolleyes:

I'm trying to make out today wasn't a big deal! We've done well in the games against our presumed competition in the relegation battle and lost to one of the best teams in the country (something, incidentally, that we'll have to get used to this year).

I'm trying to make out today wasn't a big deal! We've done well in the games against our presumed competition in the relegation battle and lost to one of the best teams in the country (something, incidentally, that we'll have to get used to this year).

Oh, and i thought you were being really negative. Apologies, i must have misunderstood your posts.

Thought we looked nervous and were desperate for someone to take responsibility and do something to lift spirit and confidence. Maybe that was what Basham was trying to do? Generally our defenders just gave the ball back to them, clearing, rather than using composure and skill to find a proper pass. The way they pressed us gave us too little time on the ball and we made a number of errors.

We'll make changes up front for our next league game. It's not been easy for Robinson and McGoldrick and certainly the former may benefit from a rest. McBurnie was outstanding again and will surely start from now on.
Similar to how I saw it. Couldnt decide if we missed Fleck or we're just seeing a better quality team than previously faced.
I'd like to see Robinson as an impact sub next time out.

Oh, and i thought you were being really negative. Apologies, i must have misunderstood your posts.

I wouldn't blame you, I tend towards the negative as any regular will tell! But no, I'm feeling philosophical about the result today.

Palace winning was a sickner though.

Back
Top Bottom