Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v. Sheffield United - 10th Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BOUR
BOUR
BOUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1565024492276.png V. 1565024512398.png

EPL Week 1 - Saturday 10th August 2019 - Dean Court

Here's your match thread for the EPL season opener at Dean Court. Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/bournemouth-vs-sheffield-united.465/

Officials:

Referee:
Friend, Kevin
Assistant Referee: Wilkes, Matthew
Assistant Referee: Hopton, Nick
Fourth Official: Breakspear, Charles
Video Assistant Referee: Mason, Lee
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Halliday, Andrew

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

download_20190810_100548.jpg

Last edited:

Lundstram wasn't bad, but we looked so much better with Freeman on, he is top notch.

Hopefully we just go for it now from the off.

Our strikers all look lively, defensively fine. A few mistakes which might have been nerves related, but I've seen a lot worse.

Henderson with a couple of fantastic stops, just a shame about Mepham not slicing it the second time.

Bournemouth are absolute shitcunts, their goal came from a freekick they got for a dive from Fraser, who I'm sure will be receiving his Oscar in the post.

Thought that was a fantastic start to life back in the Prem, made plenty of chances, and our team didn't look substandard in any area compared to theirs, and they are a team fancied for a comfortable life.

Well done Blades.

Just that flat 3 in midfield just doesn't work really. Lundstrum played well and put McGoldrick in and wonderful ball in to Robbo

Were Bournemouth poor ? Or was it our shape and tactics that nullified them other than a set piece falling for them they did next to nothing, a deserved point for us I say.

Disappointed with a point, only one team looked like the home team.

Well done lads.

In the end , a cracking result .

I hope the manager noticed that the team that finished the match was far superior to the one he chose to start with . I certainly did .

Lundstram ? Do me a favour - the poor man's Jamie Hoyland at best .

Apart from his selection , the biggest surprise of the day was Billy Sharp scoring a goal . Who would have thought that , eh ?

Cue Roy's view from, we were poor they're not all that, gerrin

well maybe should have from the start, but very happy with a point away from home. To a now established prem team

well done, made it difficult for Bourmouth, got more forward when chasing the game, this was a draw setup, very defensive but a better start than past 3 years. Stevens,Baldock and Egan suburb today. (Mepham : scored a career total two goals, both vs us)

First thing top naxking from the fans, I was in a br with 8 Leeds fans who had watched the Forest game and it was great to hear us singing for.90 mins.

Secondly, masterly tactical performance, they had a lot of the ball but we didnt get pulled out of positon and held our own. We had a.couple of decent chances first half but looked a better team once we had to chase the game.

I thought the new boys did well, possibly.more so McBurnie and Freeman as Robinson found it tough going. Hendo looked very solid (unlike Ramsdale for them) and made a couple of great saves.

One observation, I thought we could have put the ball in the box a.bit quicker at times but that's a minor complaint on a very satisfying first day back in the big.league

Great point. Bloody. Kevin friend mugged into giving every free kick he could around our box including their goal. I liked the solidity of our first half think wilders conservative tactics worked well. But when we need to score we need a more creative midfield. lundstram , fleck Norwood all shockingly wasted some crossing chances. We absolutely matched Bournemouth all the time and looked sharper for long periods. Will be great to see besic, rav and freeman make an impact. My mom that top prem player - Bashhambauer

Fuck me - sky and le ‘Tis saying we didn’t look out of place and matched a mid table side!

They had more possession, we created better chances. I’d have been narked if we’d got nowt out of it, we won’t play many teams as poo as them. Robinson was good, and McBurnie and Freeman both looked decent when they came on. Encouraging, and Wilder is a fast learner.

Well done Billy Sharp,i was fancying him to come on and nick one,and I was among a lot of us who wrote him off after promotion from L1.
Happy with the point,especially after going 1 down.

Back
Top Bottom