CONFIRMED Dean Henderson returns on season long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It sounds like if he impresses we won’t get him back :(

Think giving De Gea that contract confirms that he won’t stay there. Sounded like Henderson was quite clear in telling them he wanted to be No1

There's still FIVE keepers there?
He is 99% coming out on loan, its whether we should wait or not.

I personally would still, obviously I'd like him to come back as soon as possible but it's not like he needs to gel with a new team, other than our 3 new signings he knows them all really well.

Since being told about a hold up in the deal a few weeks ago, I’ve not heard anything else. But having a wild guess, it looks like Man Utd are playing hard ball. I suspect that they want us to pay £x, and if not they won’t allow him out on loan. The threat to bring the deal to a conclusion is that they’ll take him on tour. I don’t think the De Gea deal will alter things dramaticallly. They are just keeping him happy in the short term & DH still has to go out on loan to a prem team to continue his learning.

This is ridiculous.

What’s are they even doing - why didn’t they take him on the first leg and then let him come if that’s what was going to happen.

Move on to different targets. It’s fucking stupid this has taken nearly 3 months to try conclude.

Doesn't seem to make much sense from their side. DDG is their undisputed number 1 and that's not likely to change anytime soon. Maybe there's a positive spin to this in that there may be a chance of a perm... If it is true that DDG has agreed a huge 5 year deal, Hendo has no future there.

Just a thought, maybe Hendo is being a dick somewhere along the lines in this saga, let's face it, wouldn't be a shock ?

Time to move on. He's without doubt the best keeper we can get, but other options will begin to dwindle and we can't wait any longer

Just a thought, maybe Hendo is being a dick somewhere along the lines in this saga, let's face it, wouldn't be a shock ?
It would be a shock. He's always expressed a desire to come back so why would he jeopardise that?

Just because he acts a clown with away fans and likes his social media I think people feel they can draw unwarranted conclusions about his personality.

Doesn't seem to make much sense from their side. DDG is their undisputed number 1 and that's not likely to change anytime soon. Maybe there's a positive spin to this in that there may be a chance of a perm... If it is true that DDG has agreed a huge 5 year deal, Hendo has no future there.

DDG won’t be there in another 5 yrs. Man Utd are keeping him happy in the short term and protecting their future sales price. He needs to be playing CL level football, and Man Utd currently have as much chance of that as we do.

DH is viewed as a possible successor, but has to prove himself at a higher level, either prem or Germany/Italy/Spain. Man Utd want this to happen, he also needs to shoehorn himself into full England squad, so you have to ask yourself why should there be a delay in a loan deal? It could be about money; how much of his salary we pay & how much of a loan fee we pay or it might be a. n. other team has enquired about him. Who knows? But from the general vibe that I was given in late April/early May, I’m very surprised that he’s not yet at BDTBL.

Hes Man Us player and they can do what they want. They not unreasonably will want any team he goes to to pay a big percentage of his salary. If we wont they may be waiting to see if another side will.

If DDG was desperate to play CL football he wouldn't be signing a 5 year deal. He could go now if he wanted and certainly for free in a year. The money reported is absolutely mental for a goalkeeper, albeit an extremely good one.

It would be a shock. He's always expressed a desire to come back so why would he jeopardise that?

Just because he acts a clown with away fans and likes his social media I think people feel they can draw unwarranted conclusions about his personality.
It's a bit more than acting a clown, he is very very confident and full of himself so it wouldn't be a huge leap of faith to think he comes across that way in negotiations etc. Everyone knows we're his fallback option.

Strange this. The plan was Henderson to sign a new long term contract with Man Poo (not done) and then come here on loan (not done). Maybe they are unwilling to give him a new deal and are wanting a full transfer, something we are baulking at?

If DDG was desperate to play CL football he wouldn't be signing a 5 year deal. He could go now if he wanted and certainly for free in a year. The money reported is absolutely mental for a goalkeeper, albeit an extremely good one.

There are only 4 or 5 clubs in the world that can afford him, and where he would want to go. Those clubs don’t currently need or at least can currently budget for him this season. So he stays at MU for another season.

He’s currently having his palms crossed with silver to keep him happy, and give him parity with their top earners. I also suspect that MU are hoping to qualify for the CL in the meantime and strengthen their bargaining position. He is one of the top 3 gk’s in the world and he’s currently playing for the 34th ranked club in Europe.

The problem is if you spend 5-8m
On say Heaton from villa that takes a big chunk out of the budget meaning you probably need to move the loan to be a striker.

We need to move on now, even if that’s trying to get butland on loan from stoke. From stokes point of view at least he’s in a bigger shop window and they have already signed his replacement

I had a chat with a Shrewsbury fan who said Hendo displayed all the same behaviours when there on loan, Badge kissing,etc etc.

He is a decent keeper with lots of potential but we should remember his number one priority is his own career and ultimately being number 1 for Man U and England . We want to think all those displays of affection make him a loyal Blade and "One of Us" but have no idea really, unless someone here is privvy to personal conversations .

Perhaps he is paying lip service to manufacture his ultimate goals and we are merely another Shrewsbury,a rung on his ladder. .

At the end of the day no one player is bigger than our club and if we have to look elsewhere,so be it. We have the management team capable of making the right choices. It'll all come aht int wesh ;)

I had a chat with a Shrewsbury fan who said Hendo displayed all the same behaviours when there on loan, Badge kissing,etc etc.

He is a decent keeper with lots of potential but we should remember his number one priority is his own career and ultimately being number 1 for Man U and England . We want to think all those displays of affection make him a loyal Blade and "One of Us" but have no idea really, unless someone here is privvy to personal conversations .

Perhaps he is paying lip service to manufacture his ultimate goals and we are merely another Shrewsbury,a rung on his ladder. .

At the end of the day no one player is bigger than our club and if we have to look elsewhere,so be it. We have the management team capable of making the right choices. It'll all come aht int wesh ;)
of course we are another shrewsbury, if anyones thinks he is anything else than a lad trying to get where he wants then they are deluded. By no stretch of the imagination is he a Blade, he just enjoys the show of it all and wants to get fans on his side, great tactic really as we want him back here and he’s about to earn a pretty penny off the back of his performances with our team

Like I said weeks ago, Newton Heath are complete bellends who haven’t got a clue what they’re doing. Who’s surprised really

Just for once I have some actual ITK information. DH wants to come back, MU want him to come, last year we paid 25% of his wages, MU paid the rest. This year we have offered to pay 50% of his wages but MU say Feck that you are in the PL now if you want him you pay 100% of his wages.

Hope this helps with the discussion. UTB

Less than a month until the first game now...and I believe the loan window closes on 8th Aug??
Might be time to look towards someone solid and dependable like Randolph now.
The thought of starting with Moore and Eastwood as the only rookie back up does not fill me with confidence at the top level.
I really don't see the logic in Man Utd's actions unless Romero is on his way out.
Bizarre

Henderson has mugged us off big time.

Thanks for last season but let’s move on now to other targets who genuinely want to come and play for us.

Back
Top Bottom