CONFIRMED 2019/2020 Kit Mega Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Had shirts like Ajax 80-81 ish. Centre red stripe.
Went down so so. So did we.

Red and white stripes. ONLY.

So apart from saying it has red & white stripes, what else did he say?

Round neck? Vee neck? Collar?

Stripes ont back? Plain back?

Plain sleeves? White sleeves?

PS: You're in for it if you haven't asked! Grrrrrrrrr! ;)
I desperately hope that they do not incorporate any blue into the sponsor's union jack style logo on the front of the shirt. This may be difficult for many of you to understand but here in NI the union jack, as with the vast majority of flags, badges and emblems, is regularly used as a symbol to determine, sometimes incorrectly, someone's religious or political persuasion. I don't really want any of my kids running about with a logo on their shirts that closely resembles such a contentious symbol.
Sometimes I dispair at the absurdity of it all.

A few pointers to avoid Blade58 losing it:

As I understand it...round collar, plain-ish back, red sleeves.

The logo on the shirt will be as shown at the launch. The flag motif will be predominantly red with no blue at all.

The logo on the shirt will be as shown at the launch. The flag motif will be predominantly red with no blue at all.

In response to this anti-stella-mccartney removal of all blue from the logo, we’ve apparently turned down a transfer request from John Fleck, who interpreted this as an attack on the Scottish aspects on the Union Flag.

In response to this anti-stella-mccartney removal of all blue from the logo, we’ve apparently turned down a transfer request from John Fleck, who interpreted this as an attack on the Scottish aspects on the Union Flag.

Where's the blue? I want a transfer.
We don't play in blue, it's red. Have a crate of Corona, John.
OK, see you next week.

Can anybody explain the USG logo to me? I can see they’ve adjusted the Union flag but it now looks like a ‘H’. Or am I missing something?

So apart from saying it has red & white stripes, what else did he say?

Round neck? Vee neck? Collar?

Stripes ont back? Plain back?

Plain sleeves? White sleeves?

PS: You're in for it if you haven't asked! Grrrrrrrrr! ;)

They're sworn to secrecy, had big boards up so workers at the ground couldn't see it! Proper confidential stuff, haha!

Can anybody explain the USG logo to me? I can see they’ve adjusted the Union flag but it now looks like a ‘H’. Or am I missing something?

I've been thinking the same, but I've just had a good look and came up with 2 F's (FOREX) laying on their backs, the X in the back for eXchange and the Union Jack for the Union in Union Standard Group.

Either that or they were called something else originally, probably with H in it, and never changed their logo.

Toddla t with some of his old shirts on Instagram

He was being interviewed by Annie Mac (his wife) on Radio 1 last night. Was very bizarre as she pretended not to know what he'd been working on and went on to say that his Radio show was a continued inspiration to her.

Glad he's a Blade, seems a decent lad.

He was being interviewed by Annie Mac (his wife) on Radio 1 last night. Was very bizarre as she pretended not to know what he'd been working on and went on to say that his Radio show was a continued inspiration to her.

Glad he's a Blade, seems a decent lad.
I did not know they were married, good knowledge. I like his music and glad he's dropped his fake jamaican accent

He's Scottish

He’s reportedly been heard saying to his agent “They may take our lives away from the long-standing and proud USG logo, but they’ll never take our freedom to sign for another club, like Aston Villa for example.”

Should stress that this isn’t from the horse’s mouth, as I don’t think Geoff’s his agent.

Get rid of the shield part of the badge and I’d be ok with that. USG seem to be fairly comfortable amending their logo to fit the setting too – black background that runs through the logo, whereas for our website (and I assume the home kit) it’s going to be boxed in white, as per this on today’s news story on memberships.

I've been thinking the same, but I've just had a good look and came up with 2 F's (FOREX) laying on their backs, the X in the back for eXchange and the Union Jack for the Union in Union Standard Group.

Either that or they were called something else originally, probably with H in it, and never changed their logo.
Hmm. It’s certainly from the John Holland school of logo design.

Back
Top Bottom