CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Liar? How so, and it was others who jumped to throw racism into the mix. Houso just mentioned the mass overreaction and faux outrage at young talented and wealthy English footballers living their lives.
It is of course interesting that they are both not white and that’s what first come to mind but that’s an entirely other debate.

If he says he has a tattoo of a gun because his father was shot (as I believe he did?) he’s a patent liar. If your dad died of Syphillis you wouldn’t have a dose of STD inked on your arm. It’s nonsense.

If he says he has a tattoo of a gun because his father was shot (as I believe he did?) he’s a patent liar. If your dad died of Syphillis you wouldn’t have a dose of STD inked on your arm. It’s nonsense.

I mentioned race merely because others had and to dismiss it. It plays no part in my life save to confront racism. Sterling is a liar and an idiot. The English football team is utter shite and we are a nasty little nation.

Isn’t he the clown who has a tattoo of a gun but claims it is a tribute to his late father? That establishes him as both an idiot and a liar.

I’m a pro-immigration, anti-Brexit internationalist who despises racism and nationalism. That doesn’t require me to place arrogance and stupidity beyond criticism.

Who gives an absolute fuck why he has a gun tattoo? The reason he perhaps felt the need to invent a back story for a shit tattoo was due to reactions such as your own.

Arrogance? Where? It's okay though, you have black friends... I mean pro immigration views. Entirely relevant in a discussion about a born and bred Englishman. Christ.

Who gives an absolute fuck why he has a gun tattoo? The reason he perhaps felt the need to invent a back story for a shit tattoo was due to reactions such as your own.

Arrogance? Where? It's okay though, you have black friends... I mean pro immigration views. Entirely relevant in a discussion about a born and bred Englishman. Christ.

A pathetic cheap shot. The ‘black friends’ is a convenient cover for soft racism as you well know. Come back when you’ve fought the hard right for fifty years as I have.

The outrage is ridiculous. Can imagine the main thing is It’s because they’re not winning trophies. If they were winning, nothing would be said. He’s 27 on holiday with his mates, that’s it.
I would sell him. Not because of his drunken antics but because he seems like a bit of a nob and isn’t very good at football 😁

Interesting thoughts from Pinchy which would of course be being written in German if it wasn’t for this “nasty little nation”

We stood alone against tyranny... blah blah blah. Another fairytale to rival Ribery's imminent signing!

A pathetic cheap shot. The ‘black friends’ is a convenient cover for soft racism as you well know. Come back when you’ve fought the hard right for fifty years as I have.

You may well have and I applaud you for it, but your references to immigration and arrogance were laughable.

Again, where is Sterling's arrogance exactly?

Was the reaction to Sterling spending his money.... I mean flaunting his wealth racist? I don't know for certain. But both these lads are getting treated very similarly.

How about Wilshere? He got rinsed and a few times.

Going to your point though and I definitely get it, unfortunately the gutter press will always provide headlines when they know it attracts racist readers.

Sterling from everything I have seen and heard of him from people who have met him is a top man. He wouldn’t pull a lingaard

Maybe I missed the extended criticism that others got in comparison to these two got and the way the media reported him buying his mum a house for example.
No mentions of his charity work until very recently he and others shone a light on it.
Remember the stories about him having a large number of kids?
If you can provide some link to similar examples to what he’s had, I’d love to read them.

Before i bother with any research for clarification, are you suggesting that these two have had worse criticism than any other English players because of their skin colour?

In Brighton's favour.

1. Been in the prem a few years
2. For mcburnie, a chance to work with the manager he did well with last season
3. Popular location for a place to live.
4. A 'growing' club (new ground, establishing in the prem etc).
5. Will probably pay more than us
6. No ownership struggles.

In our favour
1. Historically a bigger club
2. One of the best managers in the country
3. On an upward trajectory with a great dressing room
4. Excellent style of football likely to appeal to any incoming striker.
5. Chance to move closer to home (in mcburnies case).
6. Continuity in that we've not just had a manager change.

All just depends on which of those factors are most important to him I guess.
When wages get mentioned, I often think people forget the cost of living.

He gets paid 5k per week more by Brighton for example.

How much are house prices there compared to Sheffield?

I don't live in either, but the average price of a house for sale in Brighton on average in 2019 was 491k according to home.co.uk. Same criteria for Sheffield was 189k.

You only get the additional equity if much later you move elsewhere.

Renting a three bed place centrally is around 1,700 vs 950. Beer is 4 vs 3. Eating out 52.50 vs 40.
So even if they offer more, the cost of living goes against them too.

Just 2 cents to add in there.

When wages get mentioned, I often think people forget the cost of living.

He gets paid 5k per week more by Brighton for example.

How much are house prices there compared to Sheffield?

I don't live in either, but the average price of a house for sale in Brighton on average in 2019 was 491k according to home.co.uk. Same criteria for Sheffield was 189k.

You only get the additional equity if much later you move elsewhere.

Renting a three bed place centrally is around 1,700 vs 950. Beer is 4 vs 3. Eating out 52.50 vs 40.
So even if they offer more, the cost of living goes against them too.

Just 2 cents to add in there.

Buying or renting a house / flat isn't £260,000 per year more in Brighton. Cost of living doesn't come into it when you're on the kind of money a professional footballer is.

Buying or renting a house / flat isn't £260,000 per year more in Brighton. Cost of living doesn't come into it when you're on the kind of money a professional footballer is.
I appreciate that is a simple example if he wanted to buy a house in one year.

The point is that just because there is a perception that Brighton might offer a shade more money, this doesn't mean his spending power is better, it may be worse, due to the cost of living in the two respective places.

It's often used as an absolute barometer - "he'll go to Brighton because they will offer him 5 or 10k more". But in real terms he may be better off net being on less bad living in Sheffield than more and in Brighton depending on how big that Delta is.

View attachment 55726

If anyone thinks it's only some foreign players that are over paid dickheads that dont care about the fans or the club, they obviously dont read the news much.

I like Jessie Lingard to be fair, he's been crap of late but there's a decent player in there, but for the hat and diamond encrusted necklace of his own goal celebration he should be docked 5 years wages.

I like Jessie Lingard to be fair, he's been crap of late but there's a decent player in there, but for the hat and diamond encrusted necklace of his own goal celebration he should be docked 5 years wages.
He has never played over 2000 minutes in a premier league season. The most premier league goals he has scored in a season is 8.

He’s an average premier league player. Not good enough to be a back up for Man United.

He has never played over 2000 minutes in a premier league season. The most premier league goals he has scored in a season is 8.

He’s an average premier league player. Not good enough to be a back up for Man United.

Yeah, he's not going to win the Ballon d'Or - I only said he was decent.

I'd take him for £12K a week

“In the next few days”. I never get this, if we were going to place a bid and had decided how much, why not now?

I know it’s the SUN so it’ll be BS anyway, but still...
Stephen Bettis actually runs through our bids with Sun journalists a couple of days before Kev and the Prince.

The positive thing I love about us, is that if a player wants more money we let them go. We don’t get a team full of mercenary’s. If you sign for a club purely for money you will never have loyalty.

I understand if someone offers you loads more but as a career move SUFC is the one.

We will pay decent wages, we will give you an opportunity to play , if you do well we sell. It’s local to his home time.

Brighton sacked Hughton for finishing 4th bottom. They should be looking at better players if im honest. Granted Mcburnie is unproven but you sign Matt Clarke / Mcburnie I don’t think they are signings that send you 17th to 12th.

You may well have and I applaud you for it, but your references to immigration and arrogance were laughable.

Again, where is Sterling's arrogance exactly?

I said arrogance and stupidity. Lingard and Sterling were each mentioned in that to which I replied. Both are tossers.

Obviously as you have to be a raging racist to dislike anyone of colour but for what it's worth I really like Sterling.
Even one of his tattoos.
He has an image of himself as a kid, ball under his arm, looking up at Wembley. I think that's brilliant and as a fan it's great knowing that he's always loved the game and had the same ambitions that a lot of us had as a child. It humanises him.
He's also shown a lot of grit and resilience to overcome a lot of negativity about him and become one of the most improved players in the league.

Back
Top Bottom