CONFIRMED Oliver McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I am shocked as to the number of people on here who are privy to the wage structure and budgets of both Brighton and ourselves. I wrongly assumed that clubs would keep information like that confidential.

I'm 46, remember Brighton in an FA Cup final, they've probably had similar amount of top flight seasons as us in my lifetime, and get similar crowds now they've got their new ground.

No need for the disrespect in my view.

This. Whilst there are (admittedly often valid) complaints about cap-doffing there's also a mentality that we're better than other clubs due to size, age, fanbase etc. It's the kind of attitude I'd expect from our Championship neighbours tbh. It's disrespectful and often completely misjudged.

I am shocked as to the number of people on here who are privy to the wage structure and budgets of both Brighton and ourselves. I wrongly assumed that clubs would keep information like that confidential.

Always wary of people who claim to know roughly what most players at a club earn.

Anyone can know the odd players salary at any club. I'm in this boat through my job.

I'm 46, remember Brighton in an FA Cup final, they've probably had similar amount of top flight seasons as us in my lifetime, and get similar crowds now they've got their new ground.

No need for the disrespect in my view.

Football has been around for longer than 46 years. Perhaps some of us could show a little more respect and maybe even take just a little bit of pride in our own club rather than constantly wallowing in the affectation of inferiority?

We ❤ Other Clubs.

Last edited:
This. Whilst there are (admittedly often valid) complaints about cap-doffing there's also a mentality that we're better than other clubs due to size, age, fanbase etc. It's the kind of attitude I'd expect from our Championship neighbours tbh. It's disrespectful and often completely misjudged.

I much prefer that attitude to the fawning sycophancy of people like you who take any opportunity to demean and belittle the club you claim to support. Then again, unlike many on here I don’t allow my views and expressions to be conditioned by the supporters of other clubs, particularly the Pigs.

Just how small and insignificant would you like us to be?

Have we been linked with him previously (last season?)? He's the kind of player I thought we might be looking to bring in as competition/back-up but I guess we're unlikely to have that kind of money for squad players.
I think we were at one point but can't remember. And yeah definitely, would give competition to both O'Connell and Egan, mainly JoC though but we need to spend the majority of our money on more important signings as you said. This is the start of a domino effect. Clarke to Brighton. Brighton sell Dunk to Burnley to replace Tarkowski. Burnley sell Tarkowski to Leicester to replace Maguire. Leicester sell Maguire to City to replace Kompany. Expect to see a lot of business in July.

Football has been around for longer than 46 years. Perhaps some of us could show a little more respect and maybe even take just a little bit of pride in our own club rather than constantly wallowing in the affectation of inferiority?

We ❤ Other Clubs.

Not sure what showing respect for other clubs achievements, or pointing out that theres no justification for belittling them when comparing to ourselves, has to do with not having pride in the Blades.

Its just a nonsensical pigesque mantra.

I much prefer that attitude to the fawning sycophancy of people like you who take any opportunity to demean and belittle the club you claim to support. Then again, unlike many on here I don’t allow my views and expressions to be conditioned by the supporters of other clubs, particularly the Pigs.

Just how small and insignificant would you like us to be?

You're right that some fans (including me) often give too much credit to other clubs. However, there's no need to be rude about other clubs. There's just no need to do it. They clearly have an advantage of already having spent two years in the top flight. Whether that equates to success on the pitch or with signing players is another matter entirely.

Not sure what showing respect for other clubs achievements, or pointing out that theres no justification for belittling them when comparing to ourselves, has to do with not having pride in the Blades.

Its just a nonsensical pigesque mantra.

Bladey Inferiority Complex coupled with views governed by what the Pigs say, do or think. Neither are on my landscape I’m pleased to say.

We’re massive. Much bigger than tiny nonentities like Brighton. Fucking Brighton? Just how low do we bend the knee in this relentless inverted snobbery?

That's weird. Are you saying that everyone who dislikes 'J Lingz' must dislike Sterling too?

Hmmm, I didn't say that did I? Merely that the OUTRAGE over Lingard spending cash and acting like a nob (because seriously, he's done nothing more than that has he?) has mirrored the reaction the Sterling BUYING HIS MOTHER A KITCHEN(!!!!) and HAVING A TATTOO (!!!!)

Bladey Inferiority Complex coupled with views governed by what the Pigs say, do or think. Neither are on my landscape I’m pleased to say.

We’re massive. Much bigger than tiny nonentities like Brighton. Fucking Brighton? Just how low do we bend the knee in this relentless inverted snobbery?

🦇💩

Is Mcburnie really worth £15m though???

Has it occurred to anyone else that he's a perfect hybrid of our last 2 main strikers in the PL?!

Hmmm, I didn't say that did I? Merely that the OUTRAGE over Lingard spending cash and acting like a nob (because seriously, he's done nothing more than that has he?) has mirrored the reaction the Sterling BUYING HIS MOTHER A KITCHEN(!!!!) and HAVING A TATTOO (!!!!)

Isn’t he the clown who has a tattoo of a gun but claims it is a tribute to his late father? That establishes him as both an idiot and a liar.

I’m a pro-immigration, anti-Brexit internationalist who despises racism and nationalism. That doesn’t require me to place arrogance and stupidity beyond criticism.

It’s attitudes like this that will hold our club back, what exactly makes us better that Brighton?

We’re basically a Championship club that has the odd flirt with the Premier League, but also League One. We’ve not won a major trophy for the best part of 100 years and haven’t even made a final in 83 years!

So what makes us more special than half of the Championship/Bottom half of the Premier League?

Reactions: FYT

In isolation? No. Are any of the players we now must target worth their inflated values?

If he contributes meaningfully to us staying in the Premiership, you bet and much more.

It's a Barnum and Bailey world
Just as phony as it can be...

Doesn’t matter if he’s good enough to help keep us up. Spending £15m on a player ‘worth’ £12m and who’s good enough is a far better option than spending £5m on a player ‘worth’ £8m, who isn’t good enough, even if it’s a ‘bargain’.

If he’s the player we’ve identified as the best option, then we should pay whatever we can afford for him.

It’s attitudes like this that will hold our club back, what exactly makes us better that Brighton?

We’re basically a Championship club that has the odd flirt with the Premier League, but also League One. We’ve not won a major trophy for the best part of 100 years and haven’t even made a final in 83 years!

So what makes us more special than half of the Championship/Bottom half of the Premier League?

The exceptional sycophancy of our fans. It’s very special.

Isn’t he the clown who has a tattoo of a gun but claims it is a tribute to his late father? That establishes him as both an idiot and a liar.
Liar? How so, and it was others who jumped to throw racism into the mix. Houso just mentioned the mass overreaction and faux outrage at young talented and wealthy English footballers living their lives.
It is of course interesting that they are both not white and that’s what first come to mind but that’s an entirely other debate.

Pinchy’s attitude will have no effect on our transfer policy, nor will my attitude or yours. It’s a message board, not a board meeting.

Liar? How so, and it was others who jumped to throw racism into the mix. Houso just mentioned the mass overreaction and faux outrage at young talented and wealthy English footballers living their lives.
It is of course interesting that they are both not white and that’s what first come to mind but that’s an entirely other debate.

Yes because white players have never been called out the same way.

Yes because white players have never been called out the same way.
Maybe I missed the extended criticism that others got in comparison to these two got and the way the media reported him buying his mum a house for example.
No mentions of his charity work until very recently he and others shone a light on it.
Remember the stories about him having a large number of kids?
If you can provide some link to similar examples to what he’s had, I’d love to read them.

Doesn’t matter if he’s good enough to help keep us up. Spending £15m on a player ‘worth’ £12m and who’s good enough is a far better option than spending £5m on a player ‘worth’ £8m, who isn’t good enough, even if it’s a ‘bargain’.

If he’s the player we’ve identified as the best option, then we should pay whatever we can afford for him.
But as it's been said, we could table that bid for Adams??

Was the reaction to Sterling spending his money.... I mean flaunting his wealth racist? I don't know for certain. But both these lads are getting treated very similarly.

All bets are off when you see that hat. Deserves destroying for that. :D

But as it's been said, we could table that bid for Adams??
Which is why I said ‘if he’s the player we’ve identified as the best option’. If he isn’t, we should be bidding for the player who is.

The exceptional sycophancy of our fans. It’s very special.

570BD4F0-6209-4875-AD79-D325C13853A2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom