Movement.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d hope we would have used the near month we’ve been promoted to progress some of these deals to try and beat the play off sides to the punch on transfers.....

Imo we should be looking to strike whilst the iron is hot after all villa have only had 2 days of knowing they were playing to flight football and most of that they will have been out on the lash

Dont forget Dean Smith knows Maupay well and has probably already been in contact with him / agent before the play off final

McBurnie and another one for under £7m would be about right.

The other one should be able to do a decent job of leading the line as a lone centre forward.

McBurnie could lead the line though wouldn't you say Ricky? Maybe the other one to play off a guy like McBurnie. Don't think we'll get McBurnie to be honest with Brighton's likely interest but who knows.

McBurnie could lead the line though wouldn't you say Ricky? Maybe the other one to play off a guy like McBurnie. Don't think we'll get McBurnie to be honest with Brighton's likely interest but who knows.

Yes, but I think we need another one who could. He should also have pace and be able to play with someone like McBurnie though.

We could also sign one or two wide attackers who could play off a centre forward, Robinson for example.

Yes, but I think we need another one who could. He should also have pace and be able to play with someone like McBurnie though.

We could also sign one or two wide attackers who could play off a centre forward, Robinson for example.

I get ya. Robinson is a good shout and would be more affordable then Maupay and McBurnie, I would assume.

Actually the more I think about it, the more I'd prefer McBurnie. Comparing the stats of Maupay & OM from last season shows that OM is certainly the more clinical of the 2.

View attachment 54457View attachment 54458

Maupay had almost twice as many shots & 24 more shots on target to score 3 more goals. Brentford are very good at getting maximum value out of their players & to be honest, if McBurnie is available for less than Maupay, then I would rather we go for him.

See this is where stats can be deceptive, similarly to Sharp who has the best conversion rate in the league.

Fact is, the majority of Sharps goals have come inside the 6 yard box, you'd expect him to hit the target or score. McBurnie is very similar for me, all his goals seem to be poacher efforts inside the 6 yard box.

Maupay creates for himself and isn't afraid to hit one from 25 yards. So of course his stats will be less favourable. However the one that's most interesting is the 'goals scored' one.

He has more.

Jota of Birmingham a goer. Early talks taken place. Jota, surprisingly considered for left wing back role as well as attacking role. QPR looking to offload Freeman for £3m to £4m so last seasons interest re-ignited. Also on the interested list are Naughton from Swansea and Fer, just released by them.

Jota of Birmingham a goer. Early talks taken place. Jota, surprisingly considered for left wing back role as well as attacking role. QPR looking to offload Freeman for £3m to £4m so last seasons interest re-ignited. Also on the interested list are Naughton from Swansea and Fer, just released by them.
Superb for that Duffy Role. Can see it being expensive though, brum paid about 8m didn't they?

Wouldn't have an issue with any of them TBH. Jota and Freeman but decent for the No10 role while Naughton and Fer would push the respective incumbents in their roles nicely.

Add a couple of decent strikers and that would be a good window with extra additions in January for anyone who hasn't made the step up.

I’ve thought in the past that Naughton for the RWB role in our system would work if the opportunity arose. I don’t think he’d be quite the step up in quality I’d hoped for, and it does seem mad that he’s in his 30s, but of the price is right I can see that being a logical move.

If we don’t go for Freeman this summer I don’t think we ever will tbh. He or Jota would be potentially ideal fits for the Duffy role.

Also hope the McBurnie link is true, but I imagine Potter will try and raid them for him.

I love Jota. He's my first choice in the Duffy Role, and beautiful to watch. Can see him slipping in Billy on a regular basis.

Interesting if we go for both Freeman and Jota, I like both. Fee for Jota was apparently £6m ish. He got 11 assists which is impressive last season.

Wages are the sticking point with Jota
We've told them what we think he's worth, which is about his current wage
His agent is trying to get a big increase, despite doing nothing at Birmingham to warrant it. His wages are already PL wages.

We've told them to stuff it

For the record I think he'd be a decent signing, he's got all the qualities we require in the hole

Wages are the sticking point with Jota
We've told them what we think he's worth, which is about his current wage
His agent is trying to get a big increase, despite doing nothing at Birmingham to warrant it. His wages are already PL wages.

We've told them to stuff it

For the record I think he'd be a decent signing, he's got all the qualities we require in the hole

So the Jota deal could be off then Ade, or is left in their court?

I’ve thought in the past that Naughton for the RWB role in our system would work if the opportunity arose. I don’t think he’d be quite the step up in quality I’d hoped for, and it does seem mad that he’s in his 30s, but of the price is right I can see that being a logical move.

If we don’t go for Freeman this summer I don’t think we ever will tbh. He or Jota would be potentially ideal fits for the Duffy role.

Also hope the McBurnie link is true, but I imagine Potter will try and raid them for him.
My Swans mate (shurrup Hamburg Blade ) doesn't rate Naughton.

Potter will know if McBurnie is good enough at PL level and if so, he will go for him. If we get McBurnie then it will probably mean that Potter doesn't think he is good enough or that we have offered a bigger transfer fee than Potter's valuation. Same for Dean Smith/Maupay

My Swans mate (shurrup Hamburg Blade ) doesn't rate Naughton.

Potter will know if McBurnie is good enough at PL level and if so, he will go for him. If we get McBurnie then it will probably mean that Potter doesn't think he is good enough or that we have offered a bigger transfer fee than Potter's valuation. Same for Dean Smith/Maupay
Think you may be underestimating the power of the players own choice Silent. If two clubs have agreed a fee. It would generally be down to the player and agents.

So the Jota deal could be off then Ade, or is left in their court?
Not a clue mate, this was a couple of weeks back, not seen my guy since
Think as far as we're concerned it's up to Jota (or more his agent) to get real wages wise, or that's how we left it

Jota would be an amazing singing IMO. Exactly what we need to improve the squad. Fella at work was talking with Naughtons brother away at Preston who says that KN wants to come back to be back with the family, but is on a very large contract at Swansea with a year left on it. Would be mad to give that up, but if he's keen on the idea of coming home then perhaps would be happy to take a pay cut.

Jota - quite surprising about LWB, but he has shown a good work ethic playing in quite a rigid, limited Birmingham team.

Naughton - I think we need to be aiming for better. I wouldn't want his versatility to mean he's the only wing back signing we make.

Fer - pleased we're interested, he's had injuries but I don't think he's injury prone. Also good mates with McBurnie.

Freeman - for £3-4m snap their bloody hand off. But it would surprise me if they were desperate to offload.

Jota - quite surprising about LWB, but he has shown a good work ethic playing in quite a rigid, limited Birmingham team.

Naughton - I think we need to be aiming for better. I wouldn't want his versatility to mean he's the only wing back signing we make.

Fer - pleased we're interested, he's had injuries but I don't think he's injury prone. Also good mates with McBurnie.

Freeman - for £3-4m snap their bloody hand off. But it would surprise me if they were desperate to offload.
This echoes my opinion too.

Fer is high up on my wishlist. Think its a key position next year. Him or Mikel (dont think we'd sign both) and I think thats a major piece of the jigsaw.

Jota and Freeman are no-brainers.

Birmingham fans only want rid of Jota because A) his wages are high and B) they no longer player with a midfield diamond (ie someone in the 'Duffy role'). We can offer him competitive wages and he'd flourish in our team played to his strengths.

Would be very pleased with this start to the summer if they came off.

Sensible additions that increase the quality of the squad without breaking the bank.

jota and Freeman , talented players and provided competition we don’t have. Though I don’t really see the LW back position as a goer for jota.

Naughton, has been steady at PL level if unspectacular. Would be good competition with baldock and obviously a local lad - You’d imagine he’d been keen. Though I actually rate lowton higher and think he’d be a good fit for our system.

Fer would be a physical presence which we don’t have currently and one I reckon that will be required in the prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom