If we don't go up this season what will happen ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And it's probably not worth worrying about at the moment.

Just support the team, see what happens.

Nowt we can do about it anyway unless about 6 of us win the Euromillions between now and May form a business and buy the club.

If you won the euromillions would you by the club, not sure I would, you need deeper pockets

Again, for the second time, this is 100%, complete nonsense. Where have I suggested any of that?

Do you think every comment I make is directed at you personally ?

It isn't, ok

Even if I answer your particular post and say Most people, some people, those people, it is not personally directed at you

It looked like the players just gave up ,like they got over confident, conceded a goal and then just gave up
I think Wilder felt the same.

I posted more or less straight after the game that something has to change and got some stick for it.

Then Wilder does his post match interview and says that some things need to change, c'est la vie ;)

Do you think every comment I make is directed at you personally ?

It isn't, ok

Even if I answer your particular post and say Most people, some people, those people, it is not personally directed at you
You quoted me, so yeah if you do that I think it’s directed at me. Surely even you can follow that logic.
If you don’t want me to respond, don’t include me in your reply. Pretty simple really.

I know you like a negative slant but that post sums up my life as a Blade sadly.
A lot of truth in what you say but Wilder is getting support maybe not enough but once the ownership is sorted Wilder will have a better view of the future.All negative in your world how's about a bit of optimism

Contentment - we are watching the best football we have seen in decades.

Some seem to think that it cannot be good football because we have not spent £ 50 million. :(
The football can be very good at times but if we want to achieve anything of any note then history suggests that the ones who do this the most are the ones who are at the top of the budget list for the league they’re currently playing in.

Currently we are no where near that but we do look very good at times, we just lack that bit extra up top and strength in depth that those who finish towards the top have and this ultimately comes from funding. January could change some of this but I won’t be holding my breath after the shenanigans of our current owners.

I think we’ll be fine this season in terms of consolidating our place in the league but I aspire for better and I just can’t see this happening under the current regime and that’s what’s very frustrating from my point of view. We aren’t far off but won’t get there under the current regime, now how frustrating is that?

Will Wilder stop another season , will some fans want him to stop another season ?
With Billy , Duffy , Leon , and a few others in there 30s will they do another season ?
I suppose you could have a thread with , if we do go up this season what will happen , but me been the forever pessimist I've gone with the negative one :( , I do think it's shit or bust this season in many ways through out the team and the club .

We seem to have quite a few of these speculative threads a lately - a what IF scenario.

It's bit like calling people discussing themselves as "the worried well"

We're still in the playoffs - what's to be concerned about?

I wonder how some of our fans get through a week after losing.

UTB

If you won the euromillions would you by the club, not sure I would, you need deeper pockets

Yeah a lot deeper, that's why I said 6 of us would need to win in the next few months. It's getting ridiculous how much money you need to be willing to lose, you have to have hundreds of millions coming in annually, it's not enough to just be a rich person anymore.

If I won it myself I've always thought I'd like to do something for the fans, like subsidise the ticket prices or free coaches for away games.

If I won £80m I'd offer to rebuild the Kop out of my pocket I think, get the naming rights for 50 years and just call it The Kop, not the Kennedys, hallam FM, fuck knows what Kop, and clad the South. Chuck £25m at it.

I will still go , even if we re-sign Sammon , Higdon and Hammond, for i know no better , it is what i do , i go to the Lane , always have Always will .

Exactly.

Good as gold, but stupid as mud
He'll carry on regardless
They'll bleed his heart 'til there's no more blood
But carry on regardless

I think Bassett did his best in spite of the boardroom for 8 seasons
I think Warnock did his best in spite of the boardroom for 7 seasons
Wilson did his best for one season, then got naffed off about our boardroom and sulked
Clough did his best for one season, then got naffed off about our boardroom and sulked
Wilders done his best in spite of the boardroom for 3 seasons so far

So that's 20 out of 29......semantics eh
We're only talking about good managers here, but there's been a whole host of not very good managers who tried their best but couldn't do the job because of the boardroom

All in all lets call it 45 out of 45

So three or four in nearly forty years then?

Oh, hold on, we’re you deliberately talking bollocks again ?

:rolleyes:

Chesterfield ?

After all Dave Allen used to run the Massive.

Chesterfield, small club, small town, small fan base, depressed area, overshadowed by three or four much bigger clubs.
Bit like Hartlepool, Tranmere, Darlington

I think Bassett did his best in spite of the boardroom for 8 seasons
I think Warnock did his best in spite of the boardroom for 7 seasons
Wilson did his best for one season, then got naffed off about our boardroom and sulked
Clough did his best for one season, then got naffed off about our boardroom and sulked
Wilders done his best in spite of the boardroom for 3 seasons so far

So that's 20 out of 29......semantics eh
We're only talking about good managers here, but there's been a whole host of not very good managers who tried their best but couldn't do the job because of the boardroom

All in all lets call it 45 out of 45

It’s actually three seasons because none of them left after one year.

The Clough bit about being naffed off in year two is total bollocks.

Scared of even the smallest level of risk however

Do you tell your clients that £ 10/20 million is a small risk ?

Perhaps you would advise me to spend £ 10 K. on lottery tickets - look at the potential reward.

Remember Dave Allen at Pigsboro how long did it take their shambles to pay back (they never did) the debt of the gamble.
He then went to 'run' (into the ground ? ) Chesterfield.

Now they have a new gambler No-Chancer who has accrued more debt in 3/4 years - shit and possibly bust.

well calculated and managed

Like Sunderland,QPR, Chesterfield, Swansea,Stoke,Pigs, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

As a financial advisor I would hope that your 'best advice' is not just spend, spend, spend and is better balanced.

Running a business is all about risk management and when you have run a business the size of our club for a decade or more then we can all bow to your greater fiscal knowledge.

Chesterfield, small club, small town, small fan base, depressed area, overshadowed by three or four much bigger clubs.
Bit like Hartlepool, Tranmere, Darlington

Sunderland then.

FFS.

Why do you care anyway your username will always be - topplayersneverstay even if we had the wealthiest owner on the planet.

Perhaps you would advise me to spend £ 10 K. on lottery tickets - look at the potential reward.

Remember Dave Allen at Pigsboro how long did it take their shambles to pay back (they never did) the debt of the gamble.

Now they have a new gambler No-Chancer who has accrued more debt in 3/4 years - shit and possibly bust.

Like Sunderland,QPR, Chesterfield, Swansea,Stoke,Pigs, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

As a financial advisor I would hope that your 'best advice' is not just spend, spend, spend and is better balanced.

Running a business is all about risk management and when you have run a business the size of our club for a decade or more then we can all bow to your greater fiscal knowledge.

I've got a few clients who are millionaires, not enough of them unfortunately.
To have meetings with millionaires financial advisers have to travel outside of Sheffield because even the millionaires here are backward, they've usually done it via property (sound familiar) or scrap metal merchants who still deal in cash only, and have money all over the house that can't be accounted for and hence can't be invested even if they wanted to.
Funny thing is though not one of them became millionaires without taking risks

Sunderland then.

FFS.

Why do you care anyway your username will always be - topplayersneverstay even if we had the wealthiest owner on the planet.

SUNDERLAND !!!!!!!!!!
REALLY
You're going to throw Sunderland at me, the one time that Sunderland go through a bad time and you use that as an example.

I'll have you a bet for charity (£50)
I bet SUNDERLAND will make it back to the Premier League before us

In fact I'll have you another £50 charity bet. The biggest reason of all why clubs shouldn't speculate...……..PORTSMOUTH

I bet PORTSMOUTH make it back to the Premier League before us

Pow. Right in the kisser!

You should have realised by now that you need to be a multi BILLIONAIRE at least to fund a massive football club.

I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about taking risks. You've now changed the discussion to something else

Pow. Right in the kisser!

Ok, sell Fleck, Norwood, O'Connell, Egan, Balcock, Freeman, Stevens. Don't replace Sharp or Duffy, let Clarke and McGoldrick retire without replacing them
Give the rest a paycut
Bring the youth players through, sell those that make the grade after 10 games and have recovered from their glandular fever and the rest can stay with us because that's all we deserve. At least we stay in business, it'll be shit, but we'll not be in financial trouble, and when all those on here that want the safety of the club first and foremost don't go anymore, we'll see who talks a load of bollocks

The risks you take in life are proportionate to the amount you can afford to loose.

Unless you wish to run your club into financial oblivion for the next decade, or however long it takes you to repay the debt.

Ok, sell Fleck, Norwood, O'Connell, Egan, Balcock, Freeman, Stevens. Don't replace Sharp or Duffy, let Clarke and McGoldrick retire without replacing them
Give the rest a paycut
Bring the youth players through, sell those that make the grade after 10 games and have recovered from their glandular fever and the rest can stay with us because that's all we deserve. At least we stay in business, it'll be shit, but we'll not be in financial trouble, and when all those on here that want the safety of the club first and foremost don't go anymore, we'll see who talks a load of bollocks

Ah the PIGS model - see their January sales. Coming to a forum near you soon.

Do enjoy their 'entertainment' ?

Give the rest a paycut

Someone BushBlade ? Posted earlier we are going to be losing £10m a year based on the last results. Instead of simply slagging the club, let’s have your financial strategy for putting us into profit - try not to sell us a mortgage - so a multi millionaire, two in fact, can see a way out?

You’ve no answers so let’s forget this FA/millionaire clients bs. You wouldn’t tell them they’re fucked, you’d move their money around for a commission sucking their cock regardless of the situation.

The risks you take in life are proportionate to the amount you can afford to loose.

Unless you wish to run your club into financial oblivion for the next decade, or however long it takes you to repay the debt.

That's exactly what I said, nobody is asking McCabe or the Prince to fund this club to his own detriment. The fans still contribute to the running of this club as well, and a sizeable proportion of it too.
Just a little push over the next season or two and Wilder will do the job, he's starting to give certain hints that he's getting frustrated. He can't afford to hang around and let something run stale, bringing his own chances of success down with it, the whole club either moves in the same direction as he wants to go or he'll leave

Someone BushBlade ? Posted earlier we are going to be losing £10m a year based on the last results. Instead of simply slagging the club, let’s have your financial strategy for putting us into profit - try not to sell us a mortgage - so a multi millionaire, two in fact, can see a way out?

You’ve no answers so let’s forget this FA/millionaire clients bs. You wouldn’t tell them they’re fucked, you’d move their money around for a commission sucking their cock regardless of the situation.

I charge per job undertaken, same fee whether it's £1 million invested or £50,000, anything less than £50,000 and I can't justify the fees charged so they get sent to the bank. Commission is banned in financial services, apparently only accountants and solicitors can take commission, and I am not in the mortgage market at all, I'm not interested in it, mainly because I'd have to deal with banks

Back
Top Bottom