Howard for Long or Harper

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would love us to swap Howard for Harper.

They're busy on 606 today, we're also getting Kapo and Watson according to the ITK's on there.

As you say, sounds too good to be true. Would be great but I just can't see it happening.

yeh completely agree with everyone, quality if true, but just like wembley, we'll be dissapointed! haha

Would make sense for Howard to move south too as his family only live in southampton.

Howard for Harper would be as good as the day we got cash and Ndlovu for Woodhouse!

Yeah, i would have Harper in a shot, he is a much much better player than the disappointing Brian Howard

Sounds like both sets of fans would be happy with this.

Harper been off the boil for Reading for nearly 2 seasons. Also they seem impressed by Howard probably because he actually put in a good performance against them last season and scored.

The Star are reporting it, sources 'close to the player' but remember this is the same paper which said that Wednesday may have been signing Terry Henfleet so I don't think it's wrong to assume that they may have just lifted it from here or BM.

Can't imagine anymore going out without Blackie having a replacement lined up. Fingers crossed for Harper then...

After learning of Williamson's 2 month lay of Blackwell said he'd have to get another midfielder in. So you'd think we can't possibly let Howard go without signing another midfielder? howard for Harper makes perfect sense

According to someone on BM who's usually pretty good Harper's been seen at the Lane, getting out of his Maserati...

From the Beeb :|

Yorkshire sources suggest Sheffield United could be set to offload Brian Howard, just eight months after paying Barnsley £500,000 for the midfielder. The chat is that Howard was to be used as a makeweight in a bid to sign Reading's James Harper and even though Harper has turned down a move to Bramall Lane, Howard could still be heading for Berkshire. Harper may well be heading to Wolves instead, having been close to joining them last month."

Letting Howard go without bringing in a replacement now is extremely risky. We can't do with waiting for this new window to open in the hope that our target is still available. I'm not sure how much longer they can draw out the line about being very close, club had injury problems and scuppered it, agent playing silly beggars, 'go with what we've got'.

If Reading want Howard on a season long loan then they can bloody well wait until next week when we have a player in.

I don't know whether to feel sorry or angry at Blackwell. Our squad is now so small and one must wonder whether or not this is his doing or not. All I know is if we go in with a team as threadbare as this in certain positions, notably the spine of our side, unless we are very lucky with injuries and suspensions by January we'll be out of the running and there will only be one man who will lose his job for it.

On the plus side, if we're not in the running in January at least I won't have to take my umbrella to the Lane every home match ;)

What ever way you look at it its Blackwell fault if he’s selling with no back up then I was right all along and he’s not up to the job if it’s the board then he’s a fool to stand for it as it will only reflect badly on him and damage his career.

Says on BBC that Harper has said no to us and may join Wolves who were asking about him last month!

Letting Howard go without bringing in a replacement now is extremely risky. We can't do with waiting for this new window to open in the hope that our target is still available. I'm not sure how much longer they can draw out the line about being very close, club had injury problems and scuppered it, agent playing silly beggars, 'go with what we've got'.

If Reading want Howard on a season long loan then they can bloody well wait until next week when we have a player in.

I don't know whether to feel sorry or angry at Blackwell. Our squad is now so small and one must wonder whether or not this is his doing or not. All I know is if we go in with a team as threadbare as this in certain positions, notably the spine of our side, unless we are very lucky with injuries and suspensions by January we'll be out of the running and there will only be one man who will lose his job for it.

Roll back to the end of the play off match and the emotional Blackwell resignation speech - what else he said was that there would be carnage at the club over the summer - well we can now see the carnage. I can only assume that McCabe reassured him this wouldn't happen or presumably he would have gone before the criticism does stick to him. I know we aren't finished yet and that we may well get a loan or two in but I can't remember a squad as small as this one is at this moment.

According to my updating the squad list on the official site we have 25 members of the first team squad - of these:
2 are goalies
3 are kids
1 is loaned out
6 are currently injured

This gives us 12 available outfield players + the 2 outfield loans + the goalie loan. My kids U14 team works on a squad of 17!

Christ if Billy's gone that's us down to 11 fit outfield players + the loans. - That just seems crazy.

Back
Top Bottom