Unitedites not from Sheffield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Grew up in Pitsmoor until age 21 then down south to uni..met a local lass..stayed in essex.my son is late teens, grew up down here and is a mad blade. Get to about 1/2 of all games per season.

Born in Leeds brought up in Wakefield and there are quite a few blades round Wakefield area,,,train down on a Saturday can be quite busy,,,

Clackers! U did well getting out pal! I lived on Old Road for a while in the 90s..my landlord was from Jaywick..what a fckin dump.

I left around 1980, but my grandparents lived on Meadow Way in Jaywick until they died about 12 years ago. Last time I was down there was just as Butlin's/Atlas Park was being demolished, 1987 or so. Broke my heart to see it like that.
I think that was about the time that the decline really set in. I've often wanted to go back for a visit but having seen pictures of the decay in Jaywick and getting all upset it's probably best to not see it with my own eyes. It was a lovely place for a kid in the late 70s/early 80s. Fantastic chippy on the Tudor near the Three Jays. Wonder if it's still there.
The only bad memory I have apart from seeing Butlin's derelict was walking with my grandparents past the Martello on the golf course, there was a bloke on top proclaiming that he could fly. I was too young to understand, but apparently not long after we'd passed he tried to fly and failed quite miserably. Maybe he should have taken off from the ground, the airfield was only half a mile away. They bricked up the Martello and removed the access ladder after that.

I’m from Boston, Lincs and supporting the blades cause of my old man, neither of us are from Sheffield. He was matey with a blade who used to come down to Boston in the summer when they were kids. Got best mates so my dad used to go up to Sheffield to see him, went to his first game and that was it. It’s been passed to me and when my dad took me to my first game I was hooked and couldn’t wait to get back. Every game is an away game for us but I just love my club.

I'm a southerner raised by two Sheffielders.

The Beast from the Chase is from Newport.

Didn’t think there was as many out of town Blades bless yer
Late 70s there was only Cockney Tom and Castleton Ted

He was told he'd be out of Bert's will if he didn't support United. That galvanised his thinking.
Did he guess which United you were referring to or is he still, blissfully unaware, that you meant Hartlepool United - and thus he is now out of the will? ( with your entire estate bequeathed to “dirty Gertie from number 30).

Did he guess which United you were referring to or is he still, blissfully unaware, that you meant Hartlepool United - and thus he is now out of the will? ( with your entire estate bequeathed to “dirty Gertie from number 30).
He might be reading this so Bert had better be careful what he says but Bert Jnr can rest assured that he'll be well catered for after Bert croaks.

Don’t leave him your watches though Bert. He won’t appreciate them. Send them to me!

Don’t leave him your watches though Bert. He won’t appreciate them. Send them to me!
Bert Jnr has already "borrowed" at least 4 of them, including a 1960s Seamaster De Ville and a 1956 Girard Perregaux

Didn’t think there was as many out of town Blades bless yer
Late 70s there was only Cockney Tom and Castleton Ted

What’s the deal on « Cockney Tom » ? Why the Blades ?

I’m from S2
Attercliffe, then Norfolk Park onto Skyedge
Wouldn’t mind but corpo must have been following me around as all my old houses have been demolished
Anyroads left Sheff , early 80’s and following stints in Dublin , Sheffield, darn South , and now back to Dublin ,
D10 junior is a dyed in the wool Blade ,
Always talking bout us and them , he loves Sheffield and would move over in a heartbeat if he could .
Although my accent is long gone now isn’t it lads ,
Working on son in law in Boston ( American version ) who keeps asking how are Sheffield doing Darren .
UTB
See ya first home match of season lads

He was a a Lansdowne regular you had to be a Blade

Remember donkeys years ago a guy with a broad cockney accent used to stand at the back of our kop. Must be back to the seventies, maybe him. So it’s not like he travelled up from Hammersmiff every other Saturday. Feel cheated now :(

I’m from S2
Attercliffe, then Norfolk Park onto Skyedge
Wouldn’t mind but corpo must have been following me around as all my old houses have been demolished
Anyroads left Sheff , early 80’s and following stints in Dublin , Sheffield, darn South , and now back to Dublin ,
D10 junior is a dyed in the wool Blade ,
Always talking bout us and them , he loves Sheffield and would move over in a heartbeat if he could .
Although my accent is long gone now isn’t it lads ,
Working on son in law in Boston ( American version ) who keeps asking how are Sheffield doing Darren .
UTB
See ya first home match of season lads

Does your lad have the Dublin twang, suppose he must have ?

Have to confess, born in the capital

However, moved up here at the grand old age of 1 and now about to hit 60

Dad, a cockney, worked on London Rd, at what was then T C Harrisons, which was close to BL and that's how I got to support the blades as he used to bring me players autographs home

Remember donkeys years ago a guy with a broad cockney accent used to stand at the back of our kop. Must be back to the seventies, maybe him. So it’s not like he travelled up from Hammersmiff every other Saturday. Feel cheated now :(
No pal he lived on the Landsdowne flats boozed in the Cross Guns and Landsdowne

Must live in Armley, can't think of any other reason to stay in Leeds for 50 years.

Born on Shoreham Street (Jessops actually) in 1950, 60 years following the Blades from 1959 and 50 years living in Leeds from 1969 for me next year ;)

Apart from two years living in Glastonbury of course :D

I've already posted this haven't I? :D

RTFT :D

I am from Sheffield but moved away in 99. Travel down from East Yorkshire with my Daughter who was born in Sheffield. Travel to most games with mate and his two Lads who are from Linlithgow in Scotland. When he moved to Yorkshire I made damm sure he didnt make any silly mistakes like supporting the pigs or Leeds.

I have another good friend from the Cave who started watching United when his mate went to Sheffield Uni. He is now a proper Blade and I love his hatred of anything Blue! BladeinCottingham

Does your lad have the Dublin twang, suppose he must have ?
Yes he does , being born and raised in Dublin , as I do as well now Cahill , dee dar accent well gone by being over here 35 years now .
On one of our visits home , we were shopping ( well he was ) in Meadowhall and after we’d bought the stuff he turned to me and said did you understand what she was saying dad , I said yes why ?
Because I couldn’t understand a word she was saying ( lass was from Sheffield)
Although Satdi and Yella , and our lass are still in my vocabulary

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom