Ownership update !

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Little more info, his message below.

Relationship with the sheikh seems very strained they talk but not much (mccabes own words) he thinks they will have a face to face sit down soon and sort out their differences.
The dispute is about the property valuation.
Prince started the litigation.
The takeover is a big if and not a when.

Little more info, his message below.

Relationship with the sheikh seems very strained they talk but not much (mccabes own words) he thinks they will have a face to face sit down soon and sort out their differences.
The dispute is about the property valuation.
Prince started the litigation.
The takeover is a big if and not a when.

How many Saudi friends there I wonder?

Little bit more.

Owners hope to sort out differences before next seasons preparations.
McCabe and wilder think the way back to the premier league is to stick with British and Irish players and not go international
Van winked the sheikhs man disagrees.

The sheikh hasn’t generated any sponsors which is a disappointment think he promised to bring a few in.

McCabe summing up....his task is to get the sheikh to understand Sheffield United.

Little bit more.

McCabe and wilder think the way back to the premier league is to stick with British and Irish players and not go international

The sheikh hasn’t generated any sponsors which is a disappointment think he promised to bring a few in.

McCabe summing up....his task is to get the sheikh to understand Sheffield United.
Silly I know but so fucking irritating...: he’s a PRINCE not a sheikh

I take it from reading the comments from the meeting above, that the Prince's idea of how he moves the club forward once he has full control, is not how McCabe wishes to see it going. Now we all know that once McCabe sells up it has nothing to do with him. However, the give away for me is the bit about "McCabe stressing must maintain the culture and heritage and not call fans customers."

I really hope McCabe wins this one.

My big worry is exactly the point made, the Prince doesn`t understand the culture of our football club.

As stated in this mornings meeting he thinks to progress we need to be bringing in foreign players, not the Wilder way, a division caused there straight away.

And the big one, would he look at selling the Lane once he owns it?

When McCabe sells up, he’ll still be a blade. He’s going to care about the direction the club is headed. I do think we’re going to struggle to find a foreign investor that does understand the club ethos though. You’d think the Prince would be the best bet having been involved for almost 5 years, but perhaps not judging on those words from Kevin.

Although on the one hand I agree with McCabe's (and Wilder's) sentiment regarding the culture of the club and trying to stick with British/Irish players, IF and it's currently a big IF, we are to start playing with the big boys, we surely have to look outside of these two islands if we are to move forward!?
Let's be honest here, our current squad has punched above their weight all season and surprised many, but they are a long way off being a successful Premier league team!

Little bit more.

Too right, we don’t want to become an identikit soulless plastic club like so many.

The fact McCabe is showing concern about the Prince taking over and where he intends to take our beloved club, should be a worry to us all

Sadly not all though.

There are plenty on here who want rid of McCabe, in favour of anyone who promises to spunk some moneh.

Be careful what you wish for doesn't even come into it.

Sounds like a complete shambles - so no change there then. Two owners - neither capable of taking us forward.

Sounds to me like KM wants the best of both worlds - to sell the club but dictate how it's run in the years thereafter. Putting aside the merits of that (from our point of view that is) he's living in la la land, no buyer is going to swallow that.

KM: original agreement with Prince included clause that Blades would stay at Bramall Lane ‘In my lifetime’. Kevin is 70 next #twitterblades

#twitterblades KM asks meeting to trust him and his family to ensure a good outcome from any ownership negotiations
KM was asked by Prince to join him in buying Belgian club but he refused. Sounds like this created problems between the two owners

KM says negotiations with Prince Abdullah now ‘subject to litigation’ and ‘issues to be resolved’ #twitterblades – at Copthorne Hotel

KM concludes by reassuring meeting that he would sleep easy at night if Prince took over club. #twitterblades

Last edited:
If the Prince wanted to do anything ridiculous like move away from Bramall Lane then I'd like to think our fans simply wouldn't allow it. But then again, we're a weak, faint hearted bunch these days.

As for foreign players, Wilder and the club need to evolve. It is increasingly challenging to get value for money in the domestic market. The maximum sort of fee we can spend brings no guarantees whatsoever. We should use the foreign market at least to supplement what we get from the domestic one.

And finally.

McCabe thinks Wilder doesn’t have warnocks ego (big tick) but he can motivate players like warnock

Wilder is aware of circumstances and is being looked after by McCabe

I’m left thinking please stay McCabe the prince will bring different ideas and will want the premier league so will invest but Sheffield United don’t like change

The sheikh needs to spend more time understanding the club on and off the pitch.
McCabe want to name a stand after Tony currie

So it sounds like:
- transfer of club to the Prince didn’t take place in February because of a dispute on property valuation
- Prince is suing. We don’t know how long that will take but McCabe will sit down to try and resolve, hopefully before next season’s preparations. Don’t know what process if any for resolving this if they can’t agree on a price. Presumably carry on as joint owners
- Prince brought in no new sponsors. Is this just commercial sponsors or no new investors? Presumably McCabe said nothing about any potential investors he’s spoken to
- they disagree on investment in foreign players.

Doesn’t look simple to resolve to me and could well drag on affecting preparation for next season.

Promotion would obviously change all the dynamics but I don’t think there’s a high probability of that.

Sadly not all though.

There are plenty on here who want rid of McCabe, in favour of anyone who promises to spunk some moneh.

Be careful what you wish for doesn't even come into it.

I don't know if I'm emblematic of others who've been critical of McCabe in the past, but as someone who used to think we needed a change of ownership, a combination of some convincing arguments on this forum and recent developments have totally changed my opinion on him.

The 'fans as customers' comment is particularly worrying. Sheffield is a great British footballing city, and I've been quite sad to see what's happened to Wednesday (off the pitch). It'd be a real sickner to see both of the clubs under the ownership of two detached, cold owners. A city of customers.

If the Prince wanted to do anything ridiculous like move away from Bramall Lane then I'd like to think our fans simply wouldn't allow it. But then again, we're a weak, faint hearted bunch these days..

But can't people see? That's the very sort of thing McCabe is trying to prevent now. He doesn't want the club to be in that position in the first place and is obviously trying to protect it

It's one thing selling up. It's another selling up to anyone and everyone. That's how clubs end up spiralling down hill and into oblivion. All McCabe is tryng to do is ensure the clubs future. Major investment, which we all want, is a totally different subject and we need to differentiate.

If Prince Abdullah doesn't understand SUFC after five years, then I am struggling to think he ever will.

One other point, Sabella popped up on Twitter today, must be 40 years since he played for us, or something like that, and that got me thinking that we have had some decent overseas players in the past. Not saying that CW is wrong to want British and Irish lads, because I see that as being a big part in the team spirit/team bonding, all the lads have a similar shared culture.

Looks like the ownership thing will drag on for a while longer, but I do feel it's best to have KM involved for as long as he can.

So it sounds like:
- transfer of club to the Prince didn’t take place in February because of a dispute on property valuation
- Prince is suing. We don’t know how long that will take but McCabe will sit down to try and resolve, hopefully before next season’s preparations. Don’t know what process if any for resolving this if they can’t agree on a price. Presumably carry on as joint owners
- Prince brought in no new sponsors. Is this just commercial sponsors or no new investors? Presumably McCabe said nothing about any potential investors he’s spoken to
- they disagree on investment in foreign players.

Doesn’t look simple to resolve to me and could well drag on affecting preparation for next season.

Promotion would obviously change all the dynamics but I don’t think there’s a high probability of that.

It all makes the "l'm not going anywhere" comments seem odd though.

Rock and a hard place.

McCabe in charge

Plus: means we keep Wilder a bit longer and will have links to our history.

Minus: No serious investment to compete with the Parachute teams.Championship mid table is about as good as we can expect

HRH in charge.

Plus: Probably (a bit) more money to improve the team may be able to regularly compete for a play off spot.

Minus: Wilder will probably leave, no guarantee we will keep sensible ticket prices or commit to not leaving the Lane at some point.

Conclusion.

They have managed to make a balls of it really.

It all makes the "l'm not going anywhere" comments seem odd though.
Yes but that could have been a throwaway remark, we don’t know whether that really meant I’m not selling the club.

No reference at all to potential new investment money concerns me and it’s not surprising Kevin wants to influence how the club maintains its heritage once he sells. But I’m not sure he can do that and get the money he wants to relinquish power. He could maybe introduce any investors he’s spoken to but I don’t sense from what’s been reported he particularly wants to carry on.

But can't people see? That's the very sort of thing McCabe is trying to prevent now. he doesn't want the club to be in that position in the first place and is obviously trying to protect it

It's one thing selling up. It's another selling up to anyone and everyone. That's how clubs end up spiralling down hill and into oblivion. All McCabe is tryng to do is ensure the clubs future. Major investment, which we all want, is a totally different subject and we need to differentiate.

Yeah but it looks like the Prince is the preferred buyer, it's price (and presumably conditions) which is the stumbling block. It looks like the spiel is "look Abs, the price is this, take it or leave it, and while you're at it you have to sign up to keeping Wilder, no foreign players and no move from BDTBL etc.". The Prince's line will be "now you look Kev, it's £xm and I then do what the fuck I want with it". It all sounds a bit comical to me, It's like the Blades sagas of old.

Rock and a hard place.

McCabe in charge

Plus: means we keep Wilder a bit longer and will have links to our history.

Minus: No serious investment to compete with the Parachute teams.Championship mid table is about as good as we can expect

HRH in charge.

Plus: Probably (a bit) more money to improve the team may be able to regularly compete for a play off spot.

Minus: Wilder will probably leave, no guarantee we will keep sensible ticket prices or commit to not leaving the Lane at some point.

Conclusion.

They have managed to make a balls of it really.

The Prince having bit more money doesn't necessarily mean he's going to spend it

Buying the assets, a Belgian club and venturing into a property fund company, might mean there's little cash floating around to take us to the next level

McCabe is definately showing concern regards what might happen to our club if the Prince, in his current guise takes control. That's enough for me to say thanks, but no thanks

Only SUFC could conspire to ruin what should be the foundations of a golden future.

Any other club would be sitting down with the manager NOW to go through the plans for next season.

Instead our two owners have decided to have a feight.

If I were West Brom’s Chariman I would be knocking on Chris Wilders door ASAP.

One other point, Sabella popped up on Twitter today, must be 40 years since he played for us, or something like that, and that got me thinking that we have had some decent overseas players in the past. Not saying that CW is wrong to want British and Irish lads, because I see that as being a big part in the team spirit/team bonding, all the lads have a similar shared culture.

I understand Wilder’s thinking, but perhaps it’s a limitation of his to not have confidence in his ability to create a team culture with players from overseas. When you think of the likes of JAF, Nilsen, Borbokis and others, I think it would be a shame to cut ourselves off completely from foreign markets. There is a difference between overloading the squad with players from outside the UK, and supplementing the squad with overseas talent.

Back
Top Bottom