Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was on a school day so it was okay. Count me in as well.
So was I on the side where the tunnel is. Oleg Blokhins appearance for Kiev Dynamo was much better ,I changed from Brazil to USSR after that even though they beat us.

Yes that's right Silent, Ronnie did use it for his book. This is a cleaned up version of the photo. I'm not sure how to post the picture within the message and wondered if any Blades could try and work out where it was taken? I have an idea but just wanted to throw it out there for discussion :)

Yes that's right Silent, Ronnie did use it for his book. This is a cleaned up version of the photo. I'm not sure how to post the picture within the message and wondered if any Blades could try and work out where it was taken? I have an idea but just wanted to throw it out there for discussion :)
Looks like London

Totley. I was born in one of these houses. Photograph taken around 70 years before I entered the world! Looks to have been taken around the turn of the century.

The foreground pathway takes you alongside Totley Brook stream where we used to spend most of our time as kids playing and throwing stones at people from high up in the trees.

27797867_1760065674055744_3865004664052148448_o.thumb.jpg.12b4c01f4aacaa4b725fb1e68e9a8759.jpg

Fargate.
circa 1900

Anyone remember The Albany Hotel?

Russell Sharrock....... Now there's a blast from the past.
He was still headmaster when I started at King Teds Upper in 1982. Wore his Mr Chips gown until the day he retired as far as i can recall.

Sharrock was dubbed Batman when I first started. He did some sort of paragliding thing on Manchester road playing fields, still wearing his Mr chips gown, on the open day just before I joined.....

Before the days of lefty Lewis...

What is the Gent with his back to Surrey Street doing in relation to the tram in foreground?

I have no knowledge of trams...

What about the woman in white... ?
I have no knowledge of trams or women...

So where was it situated between its residences in Barkers Pool and Endlciffe park?

In a secret location....

;)

What about the woman in white... ?
I have no knowledge of trams or women...

I'd like to help but I have no knowledge of trams and only experience of women: Knowledge of women is probably something only a woman could have

27797867_1760065674055744_3865004664052148448_o.thumb.jpg.12b4c01f4aacaa4b725fb1e68e9a8759.jpg

Fargate.
circa 1900

Anyone remember The Albany Hotel?

Everyone looks quite posh and well dressed on that, esp. the lady in white.

Someone I know gets old pictures like this and then reshoots a picture from the same spot with her or her friends in, then combines them in Photoshop - they are brilliant and also a bit spooky.

Back
Top Bottom