Wolves.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

gavtheblade

Shitwasp member.
Reaction score
Now onto the game on ₩@#$^/day against wolves.
After that sort of win on Sunday, would it be crazy to change the starting 11??
In praise to that 11, they would get the nod and instructions from wilder to'keep the shirt'.

Plus it will give Billy and donaldo a bit of extra recovery time.
Discuss.

After Sunday's stroll in the park this one promises to be more of a challenge. No problem starting with same 11 but bring Sharp and/or Donaldson on at some point if fit.

This will be like an away game. So yes.

The 3 in midfield should now be our go to formation away from home, with Duffy or Brooks off Clarke/Donaldson. But at home we want to stick with 5-2-1-2 apart from this one, it’s a freak game in a sense playing the best side in the division with some top class attacking talent on show. Bash in midfield doing a job might just be key to getting a result.

And after a 4-2 win against THEM we really can’t change it.

Vickers out/Duffy in. At home we need to go on the offensive more, Brooks & Duffy behind Clarke will give them plenty to think about.

Reckon there'll be a bit of rotation. Lafferty'll be in I'd have thought. Wonder even if Carruthers might start.

This will be like an away game. So yes.

The 3 in midfield should now be our go to formation away from home, with Duffy or Brooks off Clarke/Donaldson. But at home we want to stick with 5-2-1-2 apart from this one, it’s a freak game in a sense playing the best side in the division with some top class attacking talent on show. Bash in midfield doing a job might just be key to getting a result.

And after a 4-2 win against THEM we really can’t change it.

Why will it be like an away game?

Full confidence in anyone who steps in.

> Bash did well in midfield and has been v.good in defence.
> CCV has looked good and would be unfortunate to get "dropped".
> Brooks did more than well enough to keep his place
> Duffy scored a craker.
> Clarke played Well and finally got his goals his play this season has deserved.
> Billy is our top scorer
> Donaldson add something different and got two on his debut.

Great problems to have.

two days rest, some knocks, there will be changes. We have I good set up of decent covers all over the pitch. So impressed with how far we've got with this bunch. Reed and Whiteman playing every week improving their games aswell. My starting XI in bold
Blackman
Moore

Laff
Stevens

Baldock
Freeman

Bash
Stearman

CCV
Wright

O'Connel

Fleck
Carruthers

Coutts
Lundstram

Brooks
Duffy

Clarke
Sharp

Donaldson
Evans
Thomas

Lavory
Hanson
____
Whiteman
Reed

Wolves may just struggle if we play to the tempo we can.
A team full of foreign players might be a little surprised when the day comes along. We will certa8nly need the subs to keep the intensity up for the full game.

I don’t envisage many changes. Lafferty may get a run out....Wright may sit out and let Bash, CCV and JOC take up the central 3.
But the side doesn’t pick itself these days.

Wolves are a far far better side than Wednesday.

But we now have to really belive that we are quite good as well.

Wolves will be a much tougher test than Sunday. As far the team, I'd probably keep it the same, Bash in midfield adds real strength and physicality to the middle 3, which we may need against a quality attack like wolves. Also I'm sure sky sports said sharp was only 7 days into a 3 week treatment,

Reckon there'll be a bit of rotation. Lafferty'll be in I'd have thought. Wonder even if Carruthers might start.
Neither of those things are even remotely likely unless there's injuries we don't know about? Same team for me with Donaldson on the bench.

Leeds and Cardiff play each other tomorrow, could go second if we win

Reactions: Dkc
Unlike Sunday, the next game will be a proper test

Best thing is nobody rates us and that's food and drink to Wilder and the team. Pub league cloggers playing in La Liga have no right to do anything other than struggle, lets hope they don't wake up and smell the coffee.

Wouldn't be surprised if Jake Wright dropped out. Unlikely that it will happen as I think the only option there would to bring in CCV to central role and Bash to the right of the three. That's what I'd like to see anyhow.

Really tough test this one. Got a Wolves mate who says it's years since he saw them playing so well. As long as it's not a case of after the Lord Mayors show and we put in another performance then I'll be happy.

That said we genuinely play with no fear these days which is great and won't be something that they are likely to have seen too many times this season so who knows.

UTB!

Back
Top Bottom