Best Loan Signings?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
With our 'imminent' transfer business looking like being loans, I was trying to remember our best loan signings.

I came up with:

Matt Phillips - Absolutely mullered League 1 defences
Brayford - He was fantastic on loan
Gary Cahill - Like a rock.
Glynn Hodges - I remember him being incredible on loan (from Leeds?) and then being much less so when he signed an reverted to heavy drinking.

Who else?

Michael Twiss and John Cofie may not apply.

Happy with Brayford and Cahill. Not sure Phillips actually mullered anyone. Hodges contributed well as a permanent transfer.

Add Connor Coady at the same time as the Beard.
From further back both Tom Heffernan and Mark Dempsey were very good on loan, less so when signed for real.
Hans Segers had a good loan spell but turned out to be a bent cheating cunt so perhaps best left out.
Denis Mortimer got Rodger Wylde sent off whilst he was on loan for us which made me laugh a lot at the time.

However, wasn't Bobby Davison on loan THAT NIGHT thus becoming unsurpassable for all eternity (or until some loanee bags a hat trick in front of the slavering snorters).

PS. Have a like for Glover SEB, although he cost me a packet in Blades Revival money when I thought it might go toward him signing permanently!.

Happy with Brayford and Cahill. Not sure Phillips actually mullered anyone. Hodges contributed well as a permanent transfer.

From further back both Tom Heffernan and Mark Dempsey were very good on loan, less so when signed for real.
Hans Segers had a good loan spell but turned out to be a bent cheating cunt so perhaps best left out.
Denis Mortimer got Rodger Wylde sent off whilst he was on loan for us which made me laugh a lot at the time.

However, wasn't Bobby Davison on loan THAT NIGHT thus becoming unsurpassable for all eternity (or until some loanee bags a hat trick in front of the slavering snorters)..
I don't remember having Heffernan on loan.

However, wasn't Bobby Davison on loan THAT NIGHT thus becoming unsurpassable for all eternity (or until some loanee bags a hat trick in front of the slavering snorters).

PS. Have a like for Glover SEB, although he cost me a packet in Blades Revival money when I thought it might go toward him signing permanently!.
I was thinking Hodges until you reminded me of THAT night.

It's a no contest.

With our 'imminent' transfer business looking like being loans, I was trying to remember our best loan signings.

I came up with:

Glynn Hodges - I remember him being incredible on loan (from Leeds?) and then being much less so when he signed an reverted to heavy drinking.

Who else?

Hodges was on loan from Palace, never played for Leeds. I remember him still being great after his loan spell. One of my favourite players was Hodgey.

I came up with:

Who else?

Connor coady?
Nathan dyer?
Kyle walker? Probs doesn't count but still
EEL?
Bob Harris? Was injury proned towards end but he has an exelebt season and half , well as much as a player can be good under Cloughs negative tactics and Adkins

Kieran Tracey was a bit hit and miss but is worth a mention for his superb long range goal against Leicester.

I came up with:

Who else?

Coady.

For the second time in 24 hours on this forum I am giving Tony Towner a mention. A loan signing from Rotherham he was the tricky winger Blades fans love.

Jon Harley. He is always first to my kind in this discussion. Was never the same after we got him permanent.

Strangely, I'd agree. Strangely because he never lived up to his promise - 15 goals in a career of 426 games. I remember a screamer he scored for us in the Kop end. One of those who flattered to deceive while on loan, see Ebanks-Landell and Brayford.

Back
Top Bottom