Best Loan Signings?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure if I remember this correctly but wasn't Michael Brown a loan signing at one point?
Yeah but I think he was bang average during that spell. Kind of opposite to Harley who was immense during the loan.

Helge Riise was decent in a poor team. Andy Reid another obvious shout.

Going back a bit further I remember Scott Marshall being a good centre half on loan from Arsenal?

Oli Norwood worth a mention. I know it was only because it was easier to get over the line but nonetheless he was on loan to start with! I thought Norwood was the player of the season in the year we got promoted, he's back to his best now and makes a huge difference when he is.

Conor Coady - oozed class and rightly an England player. Right nice lad too.

Hodges - could literally take the piss out of opponents (when he could be arsed). Probably the most talented player I’ve seen in a Blades shirt.

He wasn't on loan to us. We signed him on a free

I bow to your legendary knowledge of such matters Silent. 😍

I agree he was signed on a free transfer, but Google told me it was initially on loan from Derby County.

Google 0 Silent 1

HH.

PS - Have you been playing much chess? I haven't been to a congress for a few years due to Covid. I wonder if someone will take on organising a congress in Sheffield. Hope so.

I bow to your legendary knowledge of such matters Silent. 😍

I agree he was signed on a free transfer, but Google told me it was initially on loan from Derby County.

Google 0 Silent 1

HH.

PS - Have you been playing much chess? I haven't been to a congress for a few years due to Covid. I wonder if someone will take on organising a congress in Sheffield. Hope so.
My first match for 2 years in the Sheffield League was last Monday at Darnall & Handsworth and I won :) . Team won too. There was a congress at Donny two weeks ago in which two members from my club played in.

Back
Top Bottom