Pre-Season 17/18 Eastleigh v. Sheffield United - 28/07/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Perhaps a new rule can be brought in for the 19/20 season, extra points for goals by defenders, encouraging them to get forward more, opening the game up

In Zurich, the man from FIFA has just written this on a post-it and stuck it on the white board next to 'Make Nets Twice as Big' and 'Make women footballers play in just their pants'.

Just back from wet windy Friday night in Eastleigh...

Won at a canter as to be expected really. Two different blades teams each half other than JB in goal.
Overall: We played with intensity for the first 20 min of each half and then took our foot off the pedal and just looked to retain possession. Understandable really with it being so close to the season opener.

Positives: nice to see Doney and Beard putting in a shift and playing well.
New keeper. 1st outing done, lets hope he can now grow in confidence and become part of the winning club mentality. Dropped one cross and maybe could've been more alert on the first goal. Second one seemed like we switched off in general in last few mins.
Lundstram played 2nd half and looks to spray play around confidently.
Few hundred blades in attendance.

Nice developing club at Eastleigh. A friendly bunch. Even the announcer wished us well for coming season and remarked how well we did last year, etc. The Spitfires put in a decent performance and ought to do well in their league next season. Although in fairness we were mostly in 2nd gear.

*Oh, to any scouts / potential interested parties... Brooksy is awful, waste of a shirt, worst player I've ever seen in a blades team. Move along to another bright young thing and forget Brooks.....

GB

I'm sure that "seen it all and done it all" will be along shortly to correct we mere mortals, who know nothing about football compared to his greatness.

If that means me and Pele knows which it should, I'm not there and am sibsyanto intoxicated. I'll be alrigh tomorrow.

❤️⚔️

Is anyone else as confused by this as i am ?

What exactly is CW looking for here ? Is he just giving everyone a run out or is he still undecided what his first 11 is and trying to make his mind up ???

Am i simply reading too much into this ?
Yeah massively.

How longs has this fixture being on the cards?

I've got a theory here as this seems an odd fixture and I've just noticed Eastleigh are sponsored by the same Co as our shorts are..

Wondering if this game is at the request of the sponsor? Be a shitter of it was and we lose a player to Injury
Really? Or... maybe... it's preseason so plan a preseason game? Or plan in an 'easier' on paper last preseason friendly than stoke not knowing the result? On a Friday evening where we travel - like we might this season due to sky?

Lundstram looked like he has the makings of a good player last night.
Good composure, nice touches and sprayed play around with a few diagonal passes for the wing backs. Reminded me of McDonald when he first arrived at BDTBL. Lots of potential.
Pitch didn't help to be honest. It was new and most of our lads struggled to adjust (it's not the desso!). Tufty said the same in interview - pitch was new, wet and spongy, etc.

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been asked. For anyone there, how did Brayford play?

According to this morning's Guardian the result of last night's match was Eastleigh 2 Sheffield Wed 3 !

Lundstram looked like he has the makings of a good player last night.
Good composure, nice touches and sprayed play around with a few diagonal passes for the wing backs. Reminded me of McDonald when he first arrived at BDTBL. Lots of potential.
Pitch didn't help to be honest. It was new and most of our lads struggled to adjust (it's not the desso!). Tufty said the same in interview - pitch was new, wet and spongy, etc.
what did done and brayford play like given their cicumstances

Done was the same as always. Positives...running, closing down defenders, work rate, goal. Negatives..bad touch, square balls, Brooks made him look like a L1 player.
Bradford looked sulky in the warm up, but when he was given a chance and came on, he looked like he wanted to get in the team, good work rate, hooked up with Brooks well.
My first look at Brooks. Wow.
Confident. Mobile. Great touch. Reads the game well. Anticipates play. A constant threat. Great shots from outside the box. He has to start.

The goals

I didn't realise Brayford got the assist for our third. Cracking ball in.

Just before their second goal you can see me disappear around the corner then reappear when I heard a cheer :D

Done was the same as always. Positives...running, closing down defenders, work rate, goal. Negatives..bad touch, square balls, Brooks made him look like a L1 player.
Bradford looked sulky in the warm up, but when he was given a chance and came on, he looked like he wanted to get in the team, good work rate, hooked up with Brooks well.
My first look at Brooks. Wow.
Confident. Mobile. Great touch. Reads the game well. Anticipates play. A constant threat. Great shots from outside the box. He has to start.
yes i definitely think we should hold on to brooks hes going to get better as he gains experience

yes i definitely think we should hold on to brooks hes going to get better as he gains experience

Brooks is our barometer - as long as he is with us we are set fair.

As soon as our momentum starts to waiver his feet will get itchy and the Club will start thinking ££££'s.

David, may we wish you a long successful single club career!! You can go to a lower league club like Villa when you're 36 if you don't want to play against us though!

The last time I watched anyone as good as you in red and white we had to sell him to pay for the stand that I sit in. Never again - please.

Magic

Back
Top Bottom