Please stay off the pitch vs. Chesterfield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree that they should have stayed off the pitch today but I think a pitch invasion after the last match is fair enough.

I think it will happen regardless of what some people think about it. Rather than trying and failing it to stop it, maybe plan on the basis that it will. I would be quite happy for the manager and players to appear in the South Stand after the game - if that can be organised.

Personally I am past the age of wanting to run on the pitch but I did it at Darlington and Leicester and they are great memories. It would be double standards to complain about it now.

I've no problem with pitch invasions.
Celebratory, enthusiastic ones.
My only moan is that it takes forever for people to get back off.
There's finally something to see, applaud and celebrate after the final whistle so the sooner we clear the pitch the sooner we can show our appreciation
(don't forget there's old boys in the stand that can't get to the front and would love to see a deserved lap of honour. I'm not taking the piss, I just wouldn't want my grandad stood in the stands for half an hour while the kids took selfies and tagged them self in different areas of the pitch).

Fucking hell this is long winded, basically I'm in favour of off the cuff,mass celebrations but it's been done now. Let's celebrate properly against Chesterfield.

How am i going to rip out the penalty spot if I dont go on the pitch ?

The pitch invasion today was hilarious and pathetic, I can understand kids doing it but there were 50 year olds who looked like they were about to have a heart attack after running 10 yards, then the chavs who tried to square up to the Bradford fans for no reason, pathetic.

I've no problem with pitch invasions.
Celebratory, enthusiastic ones.
My only moan is that it takes forever for people to get back off.
There's finally something to see, applaud and celebrate after the final whistle so the sooner we clear the pitch the sooner we can show our appreciation
(don't forget there's old boys in the stand that can't get to the front and would love to see a deserved lap of honour. I'm not taking the piss, I just wouldn't want my grandad stood in the stands for half an hour while the kids took selfies and tagged them self in different areas of the pitch).

Fucking hell this is long winded, basically I'm in favour of off the cuff,mass celebrations but it's been done now. Let's celebrate properly against Chesterfield.

This ^^^^

I've been on the pitch a few times over the years but even after following us most places for over 30 years I actually didn't expect that at the end today.

I'm not against pitch invasions, or pyro for that matter, in the right circumstances. Just thought today there was little point, just let the players acknowledge the crowd.

Like you say all I saw was an array of mobiles in the air from chavtastics, and some pitiful goading of a generally respectful away following.

I didn't like seeing one of the chavs getting in the face of the Bradford keeper and giving him the two fingers.

Well it's going to happen regardless. So lets just relax and acknowledge that there's bigger problems in this world than people running onto a bit of grass......
Those twats with the smoke bombs, flares and claymore mines for starters.....

Not to mention some of the worst attempts at knee slides i've ever seen, stopped dead in their tracks, if you're gonna do it, at least do it well

Aside from the pitch invasion at the beamback, which was great, but also surreal, the last time I did it was last game of the season at home against (I think) Aston Villa in about 2001? I was moving to India and then Australia so I was face down on the pitch crying my eyes out thinking I'd never be back. I grabbed a handful of grass, stuffed it in my pocket, and that grass has since spent time in 6 countries. Sometimes a lifelong connection with a club just has to have its moment of release.

I think our success this season has stolen the thunder of the typical pitch invasion as an outpouring of spontaneous celebration. It's all been won, so let's just sit back and enjoy the presentations and the lap of honour. We ALL deserve it.

I was just disappointed with people leaving litter on the pitch, how disrespectful can you get?

I did find it funny when the bloke got in net for his lad to take a penalty in front of the Kop only for the young lad to slip and fall straight on his arse!

But that sums it up for me, it was pre planned because he brought his own ball! Pitch invasions should be spontaneous and an outpouring of emotions.

Inevitably there will be a pitch invasion despite the clubs best efforts to ask supporters to remain in the stands. Hopefully it will be met with derision,be short lived and then the players and management can go ahead with the presentation and recieve the plaudits they so richly deserve.
On a side note I hope a former player isn't in the oppositions squad so the more Piltdown of our congregation don't have the opportunity to drag him or his name into what will be a very special occaision.
Joining an elite group of three legendary English
clubs and retaking our place one seat closer to the football worlds top table.

Entering the pitch is against the law and against the terms of you using your ticket to enter the stadium. It spoils the occasion for the players and staff who have worked hard to earn the right to lift a trophy and celebrate their success, and it spoils the occasion for the vast majority who respect the law and the ground regulations by staying in the stands.

There is no need for it, and there is no counter argument.

Entering the pitch is against the law and against the terms of you using your ticket to enter the stadium. It spoils the occasion for the players and staff who have worked hard to earn the right to lift a trophy and celebrate their success, and it spoils the occasion for the vast majority who respect the law and the ground regulations by staying in the stands.

Good lord

Are you really a punk?

walked past a few of the chavs on my way to the toilet at half time gloating about how they were chucking smoke bombs at port vale proper arrogant tossers they were probably went on pitch after as well anyone notice that some of the supporters ran straight out of the gate at the bottom as soon as they got off the pitch

Back
Top Bottom