You wanted a scapegoat - you got one.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

50% you "reckon" ???

If that was anywhere near accurate, there would be no fuss at all.

It isn't, so there is !!

UTB

Then you have lower expectations than me of our players. As I pointed out my estimation of 50% -purely an opinion, not expressed as a fact, was not good enough for our centre forward.

His first touch was off yesterday. There's no denying that. He also made numerous flick ons which nobody ran on to so the crowd blamed him.

He is definitely gearing up to be the new scapegoat. NC has already said he's not fully fit and match sharp so why is everybody jumping on him after four games?
Exactly mattbianco1 ,it's not Higdon's fault he gets picked.

Michael Tonge
Paul Ifill
John Gannon
Stephen Quinn
Monty
Ships
Bobby Ford
Don't Hutchinson
Matt Hill
And even Stuart McCall before he'd even played at all!!

The challenge was half a dozen players who split the fan base after FOUR games. Not sure you're anywhere close with those.

Tonge, Quinn and Monty were all very well received in their early performances as our most youth players. Tonge had several seasons as a crowd favourite in his early days, Quinn had a great start in the Prem and only regressed under the appalling Hoof ball regime, Monty started OK as a marauding right sided midfielder, took a long time and several very poor managers to drag him down to his later levels.
Gannon was generally disliked by just about everyone at first, not sure he had enough supporters to "split". Same with Ford, started badly and stayed bad his entire Blades career without many having a good word to say for him.
McCall getting into the team was instrumental in our rise and once he'd made the team I don't recall any dissenters until his legs went.
I think it took a good while for both Ifill and Hutchison to become victims of the crowds ire, certainly longer than any four games.

That leaves Shipps and Hill. I would agree both of them did split the vote, Ships being generally ill thought of to start with but winning many over, Hill just being poor but liked by some for not being Williams.

As for the OP. Why do you think Higdon is being a Scapegoat (and I mean the proper meaning of scapegoat not the nonsensical one I see all the time on here)?
A scapegoat is someone who takes the blame for something somebody else has done, so what has he taken the blame for and who should have been to blame for it?

A scapegoat is someone who takes the blame for something somebody else has done, so what has he taken the blame for and who should have been to blame for it?
I'll have a go, Grecian.

Higdon is blamed for his poor ability as a footballer, but it is actually Dario Gradi's fault.

The challenge was half a dozen players who split the fan base after FOUR games. Not sure you're anywhere close with those.

Tonge, Quinn and Monty were all very well received in their early performances as our most youth players. Tonge had several seasons as a crowd favourite in his early days, Quinn had a great start in the Prem and only regressed under the appalling Hoof ball regime, Monty started OK as a marauding right sided midfielder, took a long time and several very poor managers to drag him down to his later levels.
Gannon was generally disliked by just about everyone at first, not sure he had enough supporters to "split". Same with Ford, started badly and stayed bad his entire Blades career without many having a good word to say for him.
McCall getting into the team was instrumental in our rise and once he'd made the team I don't recall any dissenters until his legs went.
I think it took a good while for both Ifill and Hutchison to become victims of the crowds ire, certainly longer than any four games.

That leaves Shipps and Hill. I would agree both of them did split the vote, Ships being generally ill thought of to start with but winning many over, Hill just being poor but liked by some for not being Williams.

As for the OP. Why do you think Higdon is being a Scapegoat (and I mean the proper meaning of scapegoat not the nonsensical one I see all the time on here)?

I preferred the subtle (or not so subtle) use of sarcasm, that's a great reply though and I was going to put something similar originally ;)

Higdon.

Can people not see when he holds it up there is nobody to pass to so he ultimately loses the ball?

Sorry, but today in isolation he was awful. Take your point about people having to get nearer to you but your first touch has to give you a chance of having a second, then a third and mostly the ball pinged off him a million miles. Hate to play coach here but Higdon needs to get the ball to bounce in front of him and not off at angles if he wants to be a target man. Shitty, difficult and thankless task but you have to do it with some reliability otherwise the midfielders who were busting a gut to get near you don't bother after 20 minutes because they know the ball isn't sticking.

My point was people give Porter a right shoeing (for good reason at times granted) but if anyone thinks this bloke is a quantum leap forward they are kidding themselves.

Let me guess, you loved Henderson as well ?

This guy is not going to be good enough and we are desperately in need of a main striker. Role on October !!

Good 3 points though :)

UTB

So you did love Henderson as well Matt ;)

Still reckon your a good judge of a striker ?

UTB

Back
Top Bottom