You wanted a scapegoat - you got one.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wayne Allison was a big lump of a striker who got jeered in his early games. Seems lessons haven't been learned.

I said to my mate before the Bristol game that Higdon would be made a scapegoat. However my current scapegoat is Basham. The games seem to pass him by and offers us very little

To be fair Higdon was fucking terrible in the first half. He is very immobile and if his touch isn't perfect then then he can't win the second ball either.

Think we need to be more selective when putting the ball up to him but he still doesn't look fully fit.

You look at Izale Mcleod today and he put himself around much more effectively than Higdon. Strong and mobile with an ability to get his body in the right places. Higdon seems to be little more than a lump from what I can tell but hope to be proved wrong.

As a few have said, yes he's not fit yet and still settling in but let's not pretend he was anything other than woeful in the first half. Couldn't trap a bag of sand.

He should have scored right after the goal too, he thought he had all day to stroke it in and allowed the block to be made with the 'keeper nowhere.

Poor for me as well. Didn't cheer when he went off but the idea of replacing him with a midfielder seemed strange. However little Reed won nearly as many headers. :)

He did have a poor game today but to be fair, he has done ok in the other games he has been involved in, certainly hasn't done any worse than any of the others in my opinion. Can't players have an off day??? Maybe his was today. Who knows, he might come off the bench on Tuesday and score the winner against those cheating west hammers. If we want promotion this season then starting to get on players backs 4 games into the season ain't going to help...UTB & FTP

Far too early for that. He wasn't fit when he came but was never known for his mobility. He's scored too many in recent years to have nothing to offer yet.

He'll get better and we'll learn to play off him .

UTB

You can't give sensible points round her mate.

we were 14mins in today when someone shouted "that Higdon is bleeding crap, get him off Clough".

You can't give sensible points round her mate.

we were 14mins in today when someone shouted "that Higdon is bleeding crap, get him off Clough".

14 mins of the Bristol game was enough for me.

Not good enough. Simples. Scapegoat does not come into it.

No amount of match fitness / gym work / training with Usain Bolt is EVER going to improve your technical ability. And basic technical ability at that.

UTB

Hang on to the slimmest chance that he will come good.

He won't.

I have put my self out there to be proved wrong. Will you ?

He's a bit off the pace fitness wise. He was great against Bristol until he was blowing out of his arse. NC should have took him off after 60mins vs them due to him being knackered, nothing else.

I've not been away from home yet so can't comment on the other games. Today his 1st touch was poor but for people to be writing him off after 4 games is borderline stupidity. But for a magnificent save by the Coventry GK last week he'd have 2 in 4 now.

Hang on to the slimmest chance that he will come good.

He won't.

I have put my self out there to be proved wrong. Will you ?
I did earlier. So what do you think's gone wrong for him between the last few seasons and this?

You would accept that the SPL and the top Dutch league are a standard above our third division, surely?

UTB

While he gets fit he needs to limit his movement during play, he found himself too wide and too deep too often today. Also needs to get himself between the man and the ball and he should manage to get us a free kick or two, too many times it was too easy for Leacock to get round him to the ball

I did earlier. So what do you think's gone wrong for him between the last few seasons and this?

You would accept that the SPL and the top Dutch league are a standard above our third division, surely?

UTB
Alco

I don't know what / why / where it has gone wrong. I never really knew anything about him in the SPL or Eredivisie TBH where he had a decent record.

What I DO know is that the improvement in him will have to be immense in order that he can make the grade in Div 3 in 2014/2015.

UTB

He's a bit off the pace fitness wise. He was great against Bristol until he was blowing out of his arse. NC should have took him off after 60mins vs them due to him being knackered, nothing else.

I've not been away from home yet so can't comment on the other games. Today his 1st touch was poor but for people to be writing him off after 4 games is borderline stupidity. But for a magnificent save by the Coventry GK last week he'd have 2 in 4 now.

Well taken headed goal aside, Higdon was poor against Bristol. So to say that in your opinion he was "great" suggests that we have very different views on what good looks like.

Maybe better to leave it at that.

Have a nice evening.

UTB

Well taken headed goal aside, Higdon was poor against Bristol. So to say that in your opinion he was "great" suggests that we have very different views on what good looks like.

Have a nice evening.

UTB
Actually I thought he was shit against Bristol too and didn't understand the general applause, other than the obvious goal. But I've always been a firm believer that the one role you can rely heavily on previous stats is a strikers role.

It's just about inconceivable he's turned shit overnight, and it's much more likely to be about settling in, fitness, and learning to play together.

To be so sure after, I'd guess, less than 200 minutes of football really takes some doing.

UTB

Actually I thought he was shit against Bristol too and didn't understand the general applause, other than the obvious goal. But I've always been a firm believer that the one role you can rely heavily on previous stats is a strikers role.

It's just about inconceivable he's turned shit overnight, and it's much more likely to be about settling in, fitness, and learning to play together.

To be so sure after, I'd guess, less than 200 minutes of football really takes some doing.

UTB

"It's just inconceivable he's turned shit overnight"

Two words

Torres Fernando

From world beater to panel beater.

And Fernando was, once upon a time IMHO the most rounded CF in the World. So it can and does happen.

"It's just inconceivable he's turned shit overnight"

Two words

Torres Fernando

From world beater to panel beater.

And Fernando was, once upon a time IMHO the most rounded CF in the World. So it can and does happen.
It does, but you can't comprehend the number of opportunities for inform strikers to turn shit overnight there are. And for every torres there are millions where it doesn't happen. - They just don't register as a stat.

We shall see, but make sure you don't let your natural wish to be proved right stand in the way of objectivity. Afterall, we want you to be wrong, don't we?

UTB

It does, but you can't comprehend the number of opportunities for inform strikers to turn shit overnight there are. And for every torres there are millions where it doesn't happen. - They just don't register as a stat.

We shall see, but make sure you don't let your natural wish to be proved right stand in the way of objectivity. Afterall, we want you to be wrong, don't we?

UTB
Alco

Assuming that NC will persist with him, then I would be desperate to be proved wrong. Too much depends on it. So I think you are misunderstanding me.

We do need a 20 a season striker.

Just doubt. Higs is it.

uTB

Alco

Assuming that NC will persist with him, then I would be desperate to be proved wrong. Too much depends on it. So I think you are misunderstanding me.

We do need a 20 a season striker.

Just doubt. Higs is it.

uTB
I wasn't suggesting you were fella, but I know from my own experience with Porter I have to fight against it.

I try to remove all doubt each time I watch him and start afresh. Sadly the conclusions always the same. Shit footballers are just shit. And given this back up, my word we need Higdon to come off.

That said, and I dread the day,I firmly believe we'll be having this debate about Evans in a few months.

UTB

I wasn't suggesting you were fella, but I know from my own experience with Porter I have to fight against it.

I try to remove all doubt each time I watch him and start afresh. Sadly the conclusions always the same. Shit footballers are just shit. And given this back up, my word we need Higdon to come off.

That said, and I dread the day,I firmly believe we'll be having this debate about Evans in a few months.

UTB
Exactly alcoblade ,when we have a player of Porters ability:rolleyes:It makes you appreciate Higdon no matter how shit he's been today.When Higdon's fully fit,he WILL score goals,no doubt about it.

As for someone saying Izale Mcleod was good today and better than Higdon,how many scorchers did IM get? None. Did we get a clean sheet? Yes.And who was on the winning side? Higdon;)

Have a nice evening.

UTB
Don't know where you get that from I was impressed against Bristol and certainly proved to me at this level he can do a job.
Today he was poor but let's give the team time to settle first before we get stuck into any of them

Reactions: Dkc
Exactly alcoblade ,when we have a player of Porters ability:rolleyes:It makes you appreciate Higdon no matter how shit he's been today.When Higdon's fully fit,he WILL score goals,no doubt about it.

As for someone saying Izale Mcleod was good today and better than Higdon,how many scorchers did IM get? None. Did we get a clean sheet? Yes.And who was on the winning side? Higdon;)
Just for your and Alco's benefit, I sat there thinking today (as Higs huffed and puffed like a knackered old steam train), 'Porter would give us so much more than this bloke is doing'

I quickly slapped myself hard in the face......

I've not seen the game but I would hope we do not change strategy just to suit Higdon and end up lumping long balls in. If he is as much of a striker as he is vaunted to be he will get fit and score - if not he will go the way of many others before him, but I would hate us to change the way we were playing the second half of last season just to accommodate him. NC has not done him any favours with the timing of substitutions though - the guy is clearly not fit and I wonder what the fitness standard is where he came from ( or did he just go on a summer bender?)

Back
Top Bottom