Wilder of Nazareth - the 2nd Coming

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Versus Liverpool I expect a defeat but Liverpool have a bad record at bramall lane and our fans can make a huge difference.
Versus Brentford saturday I can see us getting points on the board either a draw or win and then build on that. We will see s massive difference in effort and start to attack teams .

He didn't leave in the best of circumstances, but who knows how things would have gone if it wasn't for covid. It was a very strange time and he'd given us some amazing times up until that point. I'm expecting us to continue to be shite this season, so the real judgement will be on how he sets us up for next season.
Lets pray the prince can find some money down the back of the sofa for a decent championship campaign.

Last edited:
Versus Liverpool I expect a defeat but Liverpool have a bad record at bramall lane and our fans can make a huge difference.
Versus Brentford saturday I can see us getting points on the board either a draw or win and then build on that. We will see s massive difference in effort and start to attack teams .
Bad record ? Recently they seem to win !

For some reason the thought of Wilder's return doesn't fill me with excitement. Hes going to be working on the same money policy that he walked out on us for and the same budget that PH has had to deal with ?

That and when given money he blows it on shit

Welcome back Chris! How's the transfer budget looking for January?

DklL95.gif

Get that banner back in the ground, he’s coming home and boy do we need a miracle.

Welcome home Chrissy Wilder!
And like Jesus he’get crusified when he bombs.

Does anyone really expect him to make us a regular PL team like Brentford et Al? Nah not a chance, this I’ll set club back 3-5 years

Versus Liverpool I expect a defeat but Liverpool have a bad record at bramall lane
We're talking modern Liverpool, not early-90s Liverpool.
They'll stroll through us.

We haven't beaten them in 7 attempts in all comps. 6 defeats and 1 draw

We have 7 wins in 30 games against them dating back to 1968

Why is everyone convinced it's Wilder? Allardyce, Pullis, Potter, Stafford. There's plenty of other possible names looking for work.

Is he humble enough to accept the mistakes he made and learn from them?

A draw would be optimistic and even then at a stretch. To go from that performance on Saturday to beating Brentford on Saturday having played, and most likely to lost to Liverpool in between, is a ridiculous turnaround. If that happens then Wilder wins Manager of the Year now. Let's not get silly and remain rooted. Baby steps. Seeing us complete two passes would be an improvement. Having 40% possession would be an improvement. Having shots on target that aren't straight down the middle at the keeper would be improvement. Scratch that. Shots on target period would be an improvement.

For some reason the thought of Wilder's return doesn't fill me with excitement. Hes going to be working on the same money policy that he walked out on us for and the same budget that PH has had to deal with ?

Surprised you can see the difference in performances.
Wilder spent 50 million each season

Think back to the Wilder relegation season, we were competive in almost evert match.
Many game looked like 2 evenly matched teams but we really struggled to score, we lost so many matches by 1 goal.
There was 1 dreadful performances under Wilder, when we lost 0-5 away at Leicester, this was Wilders last match.

Now compare it to this season.
Hecky has spent 60 million this season less 30 million brought in on sales = 30 million net spend.
We look at least a division maybe even 2 divisions below the opposition.
You really believe we have no chance of winning a single game and the chance of becoming the worse PL in history is a real possibility.
It's not so much the results, it's the performances, our only hope is that the opposition feel sorry for us and take their foot of the pedal.

We've slipped so much, this could actually be the least competitive Sheffield UInited side in our 134 year history.
Wilder has proven he doesn't need money to get players to play as a team, he will also ensure the players give 100%.
It's not much to ask, should be a minimum really. Don't mind losing but at least give your best and don't give up.

A draw would be optimistic and even then at a stretch. To go from that performance on Saturday to beating Brentford on Saturday having played, and most likely to lost to Liverpool in between, is a ridiculous turnaround. If that happens then Wilder wins Manager of the Year now. Let's not get silly and remain rooted. Baby steps. Seeing us complete two passes would be an improvement. Having 40% possession would be an improvement. Having shots on target that aren't straight down the middle at the keeper would be improvement. Scratch that. Shots on target period would be an improvement.

You speak a lot of sense Tony.

Agree....it's not even entering my head we instantly start picking up points.

My expectation is to hopefully see us string 3 passes together, have a midfield that shows signs of functioning with a little interplay,
send a few men over the half way line, even have the odd shot. Ultimately I expect the Man U 1st half and Wolves 2nd half perofmrnaues to become the norm, so that is our minimum standard every game

At least show that you're bothered and trying to win, if they do this, the crowd will get behind them.
It's almost embarrassing to admit this....but we need to look toward Luton Town as our inspiration and what is possible with limited finances.

Last edited:
Surprised you can see the difference in performances.
Wilder spent 50 million each season

Think back to the Wilder relegation season, we were competive in almost evert match.
Many game looked like 2 evenly matched teams but we really struggled to score, we lost so many matches by 1 goal.
There was 1 dreadful performances under Wilder, when we lost 0-5 away at Leicester, this was Wilders last match.

Now compare it to this season.
Hecky has spent 60 million this season less 30 million brought in on sales = 30 million net spend.
We look at least a division maybe even 2 divisions below the opposition.
You really believe we have no chance of winning a single game and the chance of becoming the worse PL in history is a real possibility.
It's not so much the results, it's the performances, our only hope is that the opposition feel sorry for us and take their foot of the pedal.

We've slipped so much, this could actually be the least competitive Sheffield UInited side in our 134 year history.
Wilder has proven he doesn't need money to get players to play as a team, he will also ensure the players give 100%.
It's not much to ask, should be a minimum really. Don't mind losing but at least give your best and don't give up.
Hmm, I think that's a very generous view of how games went that season. In a season where a lot of games felt almost meaningless, United were comfortably the worst team in the division, both to the eye test and statistically. The games weren't competitive. It was attack v defence for the most part, we just had a better defensive structure

Concept for the Wilder announcement video looks good.

Blades badge flashes.
[Cut to Forgemasters]
Gary Sinclair throws a Status Quo LP into the forge. A single tear rolls down his cheek.
A white dove takes flight from the rafters of the building, flying outside and heading northbound alongside the Tinsley Viaduct
[Screen to black]
[Cut to BDTBL at twilight]
Dubstep version of ‘My Old Man Said Be A Wednesday Fan’ starts in the background.
The silhouettes of four, fat middle aged men in gilets dance and sashay across the Bramall Lane pitch.
[Floodlights flash on.]
A balaclava’d man wearing a ‘S. Sniper’ tabard smirks as he mechanically loads his rifle on the South Stand gantry. As he takes aim, an unknown figure sneaks up and garrots him from behind.
As the body falls, Prestridge reveals himself and gestures a thumbs up to the pitch.
[cut to touchline]
Bettis emerges out of the tunnel, dressed as a Pearly King, clutching an open file saying “SURVIVAL PLAN” on it. He shuts the file and nods at the camera.
Knill sits meditating on the centre circle, a copy of Tzu’s Art of War lies on his lap and his IPad is left open on Martin Lewis’s MoneySavingExpert website.
Wilder pats his shoulder as he walks past him along the centre of the pitch towards the Shoreham
He looks to camera, “First job is to sort the middle of the park. Took me 18 months to get a hospital appointment for my ingrowing toenails, so thankfully nowadays I’m an expert Centrist too. Plus don’t forget this time I’ve got some help”
Wilder stands arms outstretched as a dozen Bramall Lane pigeons land on him.
He points (off camera) towards the Shoreham and the pigeons fly into attack formation, looping towards a scarecrow dressed as Jurgen Klopp
[Screen fades to black]
[The screen flashes on]
A solitary pigeon pecks at a pair of black, thickrimmed glasses on the Bramall Lane pitch
[end]

Back
Top Bottom