White flag

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let's face it the season is a disaster, didn't think I could get this low.
Stop the world I wanna get off 😓
Roll on next season.
UTB

Jesus wept id take wilder

Wednesday have just made a great appointment

I’m not saying we should have gone for him but there are hundreds of up and coming managers like that who would be desperate for a chance at a prem team
Except he's never managed and therefore nobody has any evidence that he is a great appointment. Its purely guesswork.

If we can't afford to change the managerial team when we're in the Prem we may as well pack up as a club.
Why ? We have only just arrived and not yet received most of the money available. We entered in what appeared to be a parlous financial state and cannot risk going back to that by taking hasty decisions.

Got to agree with OP that I can't get excited for tonight. Think I'm coming to end of my 50 plus years of regular attendance at the Lane. Maybe it's just one season of disappointment too many. Going to be interesting to see how I feel when season ticket needs renewing.

Warnock is one of the all time great Championship managers but has proved to be incapable of managing in the PL. Allardyce would be a far better short term appointment, but I can’t imagine a more backwards looking appointment and that’s not the direction that our club should be heading in.
There is a difference in where we should be going and where we seem to be heading. Something is not right in training to have that many injuries which limits our options. Hecky is an OK Championship manager but does not have any tactical nous. I am less worried about relegation than about the season becoming a shambles with poor organisation and the potential for players not to bother trying.

If the worst comes to the worst we need someone to gel the team together and go down fighting. Allerdyce may be a better option tactically. And you are correct that Warnock has a poor record in the PL but the one thing he does is get his teams organised and having ago.

Allerdyce may be a better option tactically.

He managed 1 point from 4 games at Leeds when they were in a similar position. ( with a far more expensive squad)

How many millions for sacking Hecky and co, and installing Allerdyce and co ?

He managed 1 point from 4 games at Leeds when they were in a similar position. ( with a far more expensive squad)

How many millions for sacking Hecky and co, and installing Allerdyce and co ?
I don't actually know how many but if things go as they are going which is less costly.
Relegated with an players not organised or interested versus relegated with a system of play with players putting in an effort. It's long term consequences that are a worry. We played Watford at home last season and it was obvious they did not give a fuck. What ever happens I want a team that pulls together and who care.

I usually hate 8pm Saturday night kick-offs but they dovetail nicely with the apathy on this occasion, means I can happily do something else entirely and just check the full time score later.

Says a lot about most people that you know.
Don't feed the Fallowfield!

It only leads to this:

I’m not saying we should have gone for him but there are hundreds of up and coming managers like that who would be desperate for a chance at a prem team

Don't feed the Fallowfield. You have been warned.

Relegated with an players not organised or interested

The first half against Man Utd would suggest otherwise.

“Sheff Utd could barely field a side and yet the better team for an hour”

From a Manure fan on 'view from'.

And another.

“It’s been 10 years, multiple managers, countless players and hundreds of millions of pounds.
And here we are. “

So multiple managers doesn't work ????

Last edited:
so some fans think we should just not bother ,

Im not 100% sure but support means get behind , urge on, well its what is in my dictionary
hope our players dont give up ,
31000 should produce a bit of urgency
But they don't respond, don't know what the problem is but you can sing to your hearts content but these losers don't care! We need a leader on the pitch and as manager, unfortunately we don't have ether!

The first half against Man Utd would suggest otherwise.

“Sheff Utd could barely field a side and yet the better team for an hour”

From a Manure fan on 'view from'.

And another.

“It’s been 10 years, multiple managers, countless players and hundreds of millions of pounds.
And here we are. “

So multiple managers doesn't work ????

The first half we showed plenty of spirit. And the formation was an improvement. Second half we were relatively poorer.

Ralph Ragnick told Man U what was wrong and he had it spot on. Multiple Managers don't work. The point remains at what point is Hecky replaced or should be replaced.

The first half we showed plenty of spirit. And the formation was an improvement. Second half we were relatively poorer.

Ralph Ragnick told Man U what was wrong and he had it spot on. Multiple Managers don't work. The point remains at what point is Hecky replaced or should be replaced.
After we lose at Arsenal and Hecky does his post match interview and starts with 'Listen'

Giving away the two late goals at Spurs, the 8-0 drubbing and injuries (again) has killed any early confidence and early signs of hope when early on, we'd done ok with little reward.

Saturday's performance was ok but 2-1 was perhaps a bit flattering considering some of the individual errors and errant passes near our goal that went unpunished. Could easily have been 4-1 based on those mistakes and at least three shots on goal where Wes was stranded and luckily they hit the frame of the goal or finished poorly.

Arsenal is a write off. Key one is Bournemouth which is a must win for both of us. Lose that and we might as well get prepped for next season.

Don't feed the Fallowfield!

It only leads to this:

Don't feed the Fallowfield. You have been warned.

Problem is,we aren't a Premiership team,we're a Championship level team trying to survive in the Premiership.Any up and coming manager trying to make a job of this car crash season would have a broken heart.Get Colin in,short term,see what happens,all we want is some respectability and fighting performances.

There is a difference in where we should be going and where we seem to be heading. Something is not right in training to have that many injuries which limits our options. Hecky is an OK Championship manager but does not have any tactical nous. I am less worried about relegation than about the season becoming a shambles with poor organisation and the potential for players not to bother trying.

If the worst comes to the worst we need someone to gel the team together and go down fighting. Allerdyce may be a better option tactically. And you are correct that Warnock has a poor record in the PL but the one thing he does is get his teams organised and having ago.
Agree about Warnock,if he could get us organised and having a go,it would at least give some encouragement to whoever is manager,probably in't Championship.

Problem is,we aren't a Premiership team,we're a Championship level team trying to survive in the Premiership.Any up and coming manager trying to make a job of this car crash season would have a broken heart.Get Colin in,short term,see what happens,all we want is some respectability and fighting performances.

That’s factually incorrect we are a premier league team as we gained promotion to the premier league

However the owner , manager & fans are acting like a championship club

Agree about Warnock,if he could get us organised and having a go,it would at least give some encouragement to whoever is manager,probably in't Championship.
It's a bit of belief and bonding that Warnock would bring plus very clear direction. Which seems to be missing when we go out and play.

I am watching Egan for the last number of seasons giving away frees in the opposition half going through the back of someone when there was no need. That for me comes down to the coaches. With Wilder and Knill there was a system and a purpose until Wilder got the hump.

But they don't respond, don't know what the problem is but you can sing to your hearts content but these losers don't care! We need a leader on the pitch and as manager, unfortunately we don't have ether!
hardly losers, theres 4 or 5 maybe 6 in the team that wouldn't be getting this chance but for injuries
we have played just 1 game so fa against the bottom 8 teams and drew that, be those games that define us, not very late 2-1 defeats to Man City Spurs and Man City.

Back
Top Bottom