White flag

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BalticBlade

Reaction score
Just been following Hecky's press conference and he seemed very much on the defensive and effectively getting his excuses ahead of Saturday's match.

I could never imagine there'd come a time where I'd have zero enthusiasm for a home match under the lights against Manchster United. Just not feeling it. Anyone else feeling this way?

Desperate times.

Just not feeling it. Anyone else feeling this way?
Yep, the apathy has well and truly set in with me. I first realised this when we equalised against Fulham and I didn't give a shit - we were playing crap and I knew we'd go on to lose.
I can't even be arsed to be angry about the situation at the moment. Really wanted to see a reaction after the 8-0, but the players haven't offered anything. I can accept us not having the same quality as the opposition, but there's no fight or pride either. There's nothing there to get behind and support. I think the fans have been very patient and supportive given the circumstances, but even that doesn't seem to be giving the players a lift. Hope something's changed over the international break, but I won't be getting my hopes up too much.

Just been following Hecky's press conference and he seemed very much on the defensive and effectively getting his excuses ahead of Saturday's match.

I could never imagine there'd come a time where I'd have zero enthusiasm for a home match under the lights against Manchster United. Just not feeling it. Anyone else feeling this way?

Desperate times.
To be fair we are playing one of the biggest clubs in the world on Saturday. I'd get your point if we was playing Port Vale etc.

It’s not apathy for me, it’s more an expectation that we will concede every game. It’s not a great feeling when it happens, but you’re also a bit numb to it as it’s almost guaranteed.

Our steel has always been to fight and not down tools, but it seems like if we concede we give up, so every game is knowing we’re goi be to concede and then not going to fight.

I’d genuinely take a 0-0 draw now just to get some morale back that we can defend.

Desperate times.

Looks like everybody feels the same way

1697730313574.png

No, I’m not feeling that way. I prefer a red and white flag to your white one.

The white flag bit is just click bait. The contents of the post will become more apparent to anyone still thinking he’s up to the job over the next couple of weeks. It’s looking more and more like Weir Time.

Can’t be long before he turns on the players.

I'm in the apathy brigade, I can cope with losing, but I struggle with actually not even putting up a fight or indeed having players that are anywhere near good enough for the league they are in. Its not the players fault, I don't think its the managers fault, its all down to money, or lack of money to bring in the necessary quality at this level. The prince needs to sell the club if we are ever going to be anything other than a Championship club.

Desperate times.
Saying the same sort of things as last season during that injury crisis. Think the injuries are making the language look more apathetic but I don't think it's any different really.

I don't ever like to predict and usually I'm wrong anyway but I have a sneaky feeling about Saturday night.
Sadly we all know if even just a few of man utds players perform there isn't much we will do to stop em.

I'm in the apathy brigade, I can cope with losing, but I struggle with actually not even putting up a fight or indeed having players that are anywhere near good enough for the league they are in. Its not the players fault, I don't think its the managers fault, its all down to money, or lack of money to bring in the necessary quality at this level. The prince needs to sell the club if we are ever going to be anything other than a Championship club. Management, scouting, coaching and squad.

And l’m normally a car park licker….

It’s looking like at shit show at every level of the club.

The white flag bit is just click bait. The contents of the post will become more apparent to anyone still thinking he’s up to the job over the next couple of weeks. It’s looking more and more like Weir Time.

Think that happened at half time against Newcastle.

But I get your point, he hasn't dug them out in public yet.

Saying the same sort of things as last season during that injury crisis. Think the injuries are making the language look more apathetic but I don't think it's any different really.

I don't ever like to predict and usually I'm wrong anyway but I have a sneaky feeling about Saturday night.
Sadly we all know if even just a few of man utds players perform there isn't much we will do to stop em.

That first paragraph is bang on. As with the dip in form when it finally dawned on him Norwood/Fleck wasn’t working as starters.

Desperate times.
I didn’t get that feeling from his interview. Clearly he is concerned at the injuries that have occurred during international breaks and elsewhere, but he seemed to be prepared to get on with it. Hopefully bathe players have the same attitude.

I was still slightly optimistic until the injury list got into double figures.

That will continue to screw us because you need squad depth at this level and we now have none.

The word "apathy" resonates. The first-half performance away at West Ham finished me. I had so much optimism after the first 5 games and had hoped Newcastle was just a blip.
However, it was clear at West Ham that it had caused irreversible damage to confidence. They toyed with us and we didn't lay a glove on them. 2-0 down at HT, game comfortably won.
The injuries we've had since have killed all remaining hope of recovery. It's going to be bad and possibly (maybe even probably) historically so.

It was nice day when we played Fulham so I decided to go for a walk in the Peaks instead. It impacts my mood too much watching us play without heart. I sat through every game during the covid disaster season as we all had nothing better to do... Now?
I'll probably watch the rugby instead and spend time with my family. We'll sack Hecky soon (harshly) and my interest might return out of pure curiosity... but nothing is going to resuscitate our season. Its dead. We need proper investment, the Prince will kill this club if the parachute payments don't save us.

I get that. I’m disappointed. I want to see more fight and organisation from the players. If I’m expecting that of them, then they should expect it of me.

To give an example. I am despondent about many aspects of our hammering against Newcastle. Worst among all of my many bad memories that night was Chris Basham leading the players across at full time to a largely deserted Kop end. I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but it could have been his last game at the Lane. He epitomises all that is great about the Blades, and he deserved so much better than to have to see thousands of empty seats vacated by people who’d chosen to flounce off early, just when people like Basham needed them most. I’m sick of the defeatist attitude - many expect the team to punch well above their weight, but their own preference is to slag the team off on social media ( and to be clear, this comment is not aimed at you).
We’ve been crap at pretty much every level of the club so far this season. Incredibly, we’re still in with a fighters chance of staying up. We expect the team to fight for that chance. We need to show the same attitude.

To get back to the OP - we’re playing Man Utd on a Saturday night under lights. Who can’t get excited about that FFS . Why put up a post saying that they’re miserable at the prospect?

Desperate times.

There’s zero point to the journalists touring up every wee exact same waffle every week

Hecky needs to go asap

Back
Top Bottom