White flag

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well this is enough to make anyone miserable. Not that we really need reminding but just proving we are shite at both ends of the pitch

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231019_123329_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231019_123329_Samsung Internet.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 85

Can’t wait for Saturday to be fair.

I think Hecky is being realistic. He sounds like a manager who’s been given the shit end of a stick by the owners and isn’t sure when the next load of shit may be dropped on him.

Either way I am still excited by it, what are we expecting to be competitive 😂. Fingers crossed we run hard make tackles play forward and let our attacking players play in the oppos half not making up a 9th centre half. If we get done by a better team then so be it

I think it was the very first question that probably has some people's alarm bells ringing when asked if a win could get the season back on track.

Rather than say yeah definitely this is a huge opportunity playing at home under the lights to a sold out stadium to get our first win...

It was more yeah err maybe but we are more interested in the mini league of teams who are going to around us at the end of the season.

I can see why some people would see it as a little bit defeatist.

I'm interested to see if the players we have available will come out and show some fight against one of the biggest clubs in the world. If we don't and just sit back and invite them on... I think the fans will turn.

Personally looking forward to it though. A week away from watching us play shite helps after all.

I think it was the very first question that probably has some people's alarm bells ringing when asked if a win could get the season back on track.

Rather than say yeah definitely this is a huge opportunity playing at home under the lights to a sold out stadium to get our first win...

It was more yeah err maybe but we are more interested in the mini league of teams who are going to around us at the end of the season.

Exactly, and we aren’t staying up by just getting some results against the teams at the bottom, you need more than that. We’re weak as fuck as a club at the minute and the fans are doing all they can and will get behind them 100% on Saturday now put 100% in on the pitch and in the dug out you pathetic set of losers.

People always mention results when the issue is the dire, no hope performances. It shouldn’t be about whether we win or lose. We’re playing better players so everyone expects us to lose.

The bigger picture is the performance, the starting tactics and in match tactical changes, the effort and attitude of the players.

Hecky has little control about a result so shouldn’t be judged but he can be judged on performance related issues.

If we have championship level players then why aren’t we playing like a championship team?

Fear that the tactics will be damage limitation where we have nearly all our players in defence and it becomes like a training session, attack versus defence. We could lose 1-0 or 2-1 but if we hardly venture into the opponents half then surely that is unacceptable.

I’m starting to fear that this team under Hecky would struggle in the Championship. The body language of the players are poor as though they have no hope and don’t know the tactics. Even the ability to make basic passes has gone. Something is wrong.

Don’t mind us being relegated but at least with Bassett, Warnock and Wilder we played with fight and desire. This team seems to have already shocked the towel in and that’s all down to the manager.

Yep, the apathy has well and truly set in with me. I first realised this when we equalised against Fulham and I didn't give a shit - we were playing crap and I knew we'd go on to lose.
I can't even be arsed to be angry about the situation at the moment. Really wanted to see a reaction after the 8-0, but the players haven't offered anything. I can accept us not having the same quality as the opposition, but there's no fight or pride either. There's nothing there to get behind and support. I think the fans have been very patient and supportive given the circumstances, but even that doesn't seem to be giving the players a lift. Hope something's changed over the international break, but I won't be getting my hopes up too much.
So you don't think the horrific injury to Bash affected his team mates?

Don't bother watching it anymore , we know what hecky will say. Short on numbers blah blah blah so and so back on training pitch, blah blah blah. Would rather listen to the ex-wife nagging. Lost all spark for our blade's. 60-40 at the moment to watching the Rugby. At least passion and desire will be on show 😞

I love BDTBL under the lights, it seems an age since we were last there. I’m really looking forward to meeting my mates for a few pints in the pub before hand, enjoying the atmosphere which, Newcastle second half apart, has been pretty good, hoping that we can get a result and then having a moan about it after in the cricketers. I’ve rarely let the match spoil my match days and I doubt Saturday will be any different.

Think it's sold out because we don't know when we might be playing man utd at home in the league next.

Just been following Hecky's press conference and he seemed very much on the defensive and effectively getting his excuses ahead of Saturday's match.

I could never imagine there'd come a time where I'd have zero enthusiasm for a home match under the lights against Manchster United. Just not feeling it. Anyone else feeling this way?

Desperate times.
When I saw the topic I thought you were admitting that you were wrong about Wilder coming back to us

Of course, but it didn’t during the piss weak losses against Newcastle and West Ham
And don’t you think that some of our players sobbing in the centre circle before kick off against Newcastle might have affected them? And that was before the apparently dubious nature of their first three goals, coming straight off the back of the injury time defeat against Spurs? In that moment, it really did feel like the world was against us.
Our performance against Newcastle was abject, several of our players lost their heads after the third goal, and plenty of them went missing on the night ( much like the supporters). Unacceptable, but perhaps understandable given that they are human beings?

Just been following Hecky's press conference and he seemed very much on the defensive and effectively getting his excuses ahead of Saturday's match.

I could never imagine there'd come a time where I'd have zero enthusiasm for a home match under the lights against Manchster United. Just not feeling it. Anyone else feeling

Desperate times.

Nope. I’m as excited as ever. Xx

I could never imagine there'd come a time where I'd have zero enthusiasm for a home match under the lights against Manchster United. Just not feeling it. Anyone else feeling this way?

Desperate times.

Nope. Sick of defeatism. Come on you red and white wizaaaaaaaards.

The fact that Luton are putting up more of a fight than us says it all, we’re shot of condolence and the manger has run out of ideas, something needs to change, either he brings in another coach to assist the back room staff with some prem coaching experience or he needs to fuck off, those who are saying but but we need him for another championship tilt are off their rocker, this team will be in its knees by then and the morale going into next season will be horrendous….. so either he changes or the back room staff change, or he fucks off.

in answer to the question, no not looking forward to it, 4-0 loss….

The fact that Luton are putting up more of a fight than us says it all, we’re shot of condolence and the manger has run out of ideas, something needs to change, either he brings in another coach to assist the back room staff with some prem coaching experience or he needs to fuck off, those who are saying but but we need him for another championship tilt are off their rocker, this team will be in its knees by then and the morale going into next season will be horrendous….. so either he changes or the back room staff change, or he fucks off.

in answer to the question, no not looking forward to it, 4-0 loss….
Fuck off

I feel like we might get something tomorrow, but it is just that - a feeling. Based on hope more than any real logic. It’s based on the fact that I keep thinking that we can’t continue to play this badly, but obviously we can.

It’s a weird one for me, I’d rather see us perform well and lose than perform as shite as we have been and sneak a point, that’s how I feel about us right now. I just want to see some desire, commitment, fight and a tiny bit of quality if that at all is possible at the moment. Just go out there and show some bottle ffs, the fans will love this regardless of the result.

Desperate times.
I feel the same. I'm watching it on TV rather than going to the game. Manchester United at home and I'm not bothered about going. Sad times.

Praying for a win, and an injection of spirit for the team and supporters alike.

And don’t you think that some of our players sobbing in the centre circle before kick off against Newcastle might have affected them? And that was before the apparently dubious nature of their first three goals, coming straight off the back of the injury time defeat against Spurs? In that moment, it really did feel like the world was against us.
Our performance against Newcastle was abject, several of our players lost their heads after the third goal, and plenty of them went missing on the night ( much like the supporters). Unacceptable, but perhaps understandable given that they are human beings?
We were fighting and IN every game until Newcastle.
since then we've been largely pedestrian-like. Newcastle, West Ham and Fulham have all walked through us and haven't needed a 2nd gear.
Hecky needs to address this and turn it around quickly.

What better than 2 easy games against Man U and Arsenal

So you don't think the horrific injury to Bash affected his team mates?
While the injury to Basham was horrible and I’m sure it did affect them, they looked equally shite before that happened and for two entire games before that, including the one they got battered 8-0 at home.

There’s zero point to the journalists touring up every wee exact same waffle every week

Hecky needs to go asap
..and be replaced by who and using what for money ? We have to be realistic as to where we are and what might happen over this and the next two seasons.

Back
Top Bottom