What the stats say (vs Brentford)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

On a side note, Trusty was especially poor;

Trusty attempted 0 tackles and lost all his ground duels (0/5) and lost the majority of his aerial duels (2/7)

Trusty attempted 0 tackles and lost all his ground duels (0/5) and lost the majority of his aerial duels (2/7)
If I was a footballer, a defender at that and played like that but didn’t get paid a fuck ton of money then I’d look at doing something else job wise, luckily for him he is getting a fuck ton of money to perform like that, it shouldn’t be acceptable in any walk of life.

Well he might have absolutely no technical ability on the ball but at least he’s got the heart of a pea

We paid money for Trusty as well!

I do hope in the championship he improves a lot. The standard is obviously much lower. He’s very inconsistent for a defender.

Some weeks he’s very good others he’s poor. He will dominate work class players then get destroyed so easily by inferior players.

Hopefully championship suits him much better.

Just picked up a copy of the Mirror found whilst on the train and according to them, alongside Grbic he was our best player on Saturday 🤣

That’s half his problem for me.. He has this half hearted jog up to the attacker that’s received the ball. He then stands 5 yds off him allowing the attacker time and space.
There’s a distinct lack of urgency to close the attacker down and make it difficult for him

Just picked up a copy of the Mirror found whilst on the train and according to them, alongside Grbic he was our best player on Saturday 🤣

Fotmob gave him the lowest rating.

Whoscored and Sofascore gave him 2nd lowest rating (Anel the lowest rating on those )

Here are stats vs Brentford.

Shout out to Arblaster who for Sheffield United had;

Most touches: 60
Most accurate passes: 32
Most successful dribbles: 5
Most crosses: 5
Most ground duels won: 9

View attachment 182074
On top of the quality these stats show they really show his work rate too. Most dribbles attempted and most ground duels attempted, and all of them were successful.

Also another for your list of superlatives, highest successful pass %.

A lot of players should be looking at him and feeling embarrassed that a 19 year old fresh out of the academy is showing them up this much in work rate and quality.

Fotmob gave him the lowest rating.

Whoscored and Sofascore gave him 2nd lowest rating (Anel the lowest rating on those )
I use fotmob a lot but never pay attention to the ratings, they're pretty useless. Almost all players get 6 or 7 point something and seemingly at random.

I use fotmob a lot but never pay attention to the ratings, they're pretty useless. Almost all players get 6 or 7 point something and seemingly at random.

yeah exactly that's why i didn't put them in.

Mostly interested in the in-game stats

View attachment 182074
Plus for their second goal, Blaster was the only one busting a gut trying to intercept the scorer. The actual defenders watching on.

Plus for their second goal, Blaster was the only one busting a gut trying to intercept the scorer. The actual defenders watching on.
That's a generous view of things; he completely lost the man he was meant to be marking. Probably harsh but I think he also should have better anticipated the pass around the halfway line that set up the first goal.

I'm not having a pop at him, he's a fantastic prospect, but these are the things he'll need to learn from if he wants to make it as a midfielder at the highest level.

That's a generous view of things; he completely lost the man he was meant to be marking. Probably harsh but I think he also should have better anticipated the pass around the halfway line that set up the first goal.

I'm not having a pop at him, he's a fantastic prospect, but these are the things he'll need to learn from if he wants to make it as a midfielder at the highest level.
To me he was McAtee's man to cover, he was certainly closest but he was jogging back, had he been sprinting he would probably have intercepted the original short pass infield, and after that if he had been sprinting he could have offered some cover.

Maybe Arblaster was misplaced but once he was running back towards goal he was left in no mans land with no one coming over to help him, we had plenty of bodies back.

I do hope in the championship he improves a lot. The standard is obviously much lower. He’s very inconsistent for a defender.

Some weeks he’s very good others he’s poor. He will dominate work class players then get destroyed so easily by inferior players.

He was a very good defender in the Championship, which is why we bought him in the first place

The one thing that gives me confidence he'll improve next season is the journey of Jack Robinson. He looked so far out of his depth when we first signed him, many of us would've been delighted for us to offload him after our relegation. Now he'll almost certainly get out player of the season award.

Admittedly Trusty doesn't have a fraction of Robinson's heart and aggression, but I'm sure we'll see much more positives in the championship and he'll regain some confidence. He looks broken ATM, hopefully we can turn that mentality around next season.

He was a very good defender in the Championship, which is why we bought him in the first place
Agreed. It’s just he’s looked so out of depth at times. Sometimes he’s good on the ball others he’s a bomb scare.

According to that we only attempted 10 tackles in the whole game and won 6, that's the whole team combined

We do like to stand off a player but even so.

90+ mins and not a single tackle made

5 fucking million!! Another hecky master stroke! Along with the invisible man Slimane! Larouci, and I cant run Souza! And not forgetting tiny Tim, Traore!!

View attachment 182074
These stats have the same issues as FBrefs ones. What's the difference between a ground duel and a tackle? How do you define a dribble (how close does the opposition player have to be etc)?

Although FBref has 'challenges' and 'tackles' as different stats which double does my head in

To be fair whenever we attempt a tackle the oppo player just falls over and the ref gives a free kick immediately.
It's not football as we know it.

These stats have the same issues as FBrefs ones. What's the difference between a ground duel and a tackle? How do you define a dribble (how close does the opposition player have to be etc)?

Although FBref has 'challenges' and 'tackles' as different stats which double does my head in

All the stat sites come from the same place.. OPTA.

They are the official data partners for the Premier League and EFL.

All the stat sites come from the same place.. OPTA.

They are the official data partners for the Premier League and EFL.
They all have their own spin in a lot of the data, especially the subjective stuff

When we bought him, Brum fans were gutted to see him go. Statistically he was the highest scoring centre half in the division, along with... Anel.

To be fair whenever we attempt a tackle the oppo player just falls over and the ref gives a free kick immediately.
It's not football as we know it.

That's probably because we are shit at tackling

When we bought him, Brum fans were gutted to see him go. Statistically he was the highest scoring centre half in the division, along with... Anel.
Maybe the PL just a step too big for him. The players are just monsters especially in the air. Marking Thiago Silva from a corner must be difficult work.

Hopefully he’s learning a lot and getting better ready for next season.

Maybe the PL just a step too big for him. The players are just monsters especially in the air. Marking Thiago Silva from a corner must be difficult work.

Hopefully he’s learning a lot and getting better ready for next season.

I just wish he would learn from corners.

Every single one hes squaring up to his man and no idea where the actual ball is.

Back
Top Bottom