Other things United are 96th out of 96 in

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Carlton Blade

Reaction score
Easy enough premise. 96 teams in the top 5 Euro leagues. I mentioned on another post United are last in all ball carrying statistics. Also 96th in (in no particular order)

Number of assists
'Expected assists'
'Expected assists' against
Shots conceded
Shots on target conceded
Progressive carries
% of long passes completed
Key passes
Shot creating actions
Shots created from successful take ons
% of times tackled when attempting a take on
Progressive carries
Opposition carries into the United penalty area
Opposition touches in the United penalty area
Crosses

United are pretty much bottom 10 in every attacking statistic available, and a lot of the defensive success statistics (90th in aerial duel's won % for example)

Easy enough premise. 96 teams in the top 5 Euro leagues. I mentioned on another post United are last in all ball carrying statistics. Also 96th in (in no particular order)

Number of assists
'Expected assists'
Shots conceded
Shots on target conceded
Progressive carries
Key passes
Shot creating actions
Progressive carries
Crosses

United are pretty much bottom 10 in every attacking statistic available, and a lot of the defensive success statistics (90th in aerial duel's won % for example)
You should go and sit next to Alan Harper on Porktalk. You'd both get on well.

In other words, we’re not very good? I don’t need stats to tell me that, it’s pretty obvious from watching us play. Plus the league table shows that we aren’t good.

Stats mean whatever you want them to. Fingers crossed United can find a way to turn what had been a pretty horrific start, followed by a couple of good results into a platform to improve and compete for the rest of the season

Number of assists
'Expected assists'
Shots conceded
Shots on target conceded
Progressive carries
Key passes
Shot creating actions
Progressive carries
Crosses

The aerial duals stat I get, if Mcburnie isn't on the pitch we don't win anything from crosses/set pieces into our own box.

The aerial duals stat I get, if Mcburnie isn't on the pitch we don't win anything from crosses/set pieces into our own box.
We sometimes have games where we seem to lose every first header from defending a set piece.

Truthfully, I'd much rather you sat next to him than me.
As far as I know, yes he's a cunt but he doesn't laugh at people getting shot to try and impress people he doesn't know on the Internet. So I'd feel like this was a plus 👍

Beat Bournemouth and Burnley, that's 11 points. We still might be in the bottom stats for all top flight leagues but I can guarantee you stick this United into Ligue Une, Bundesliga and Serie A we wouldnt be bottom 3.

Beat Bournemouth and Burnley, that's 11 points. We still might be in the bottom stats for all top flight leagues but I can guarantee you stick this United into Ligue Une, Bundesliga and Serie A we wouldnt be bottom 3.
I'm not sure how you could guarantee that? You may well be right but personally I don't think the gap between the bottom of the divisions, where the teams don't have a lot to spend is that big. I'm definitely not a believer in the "Championship is better than some of those leagues" thing that is sometimes mentioned

We are bad but we aren't as bad individually as look, it's really quite frustrating

Things we're not 96th for...

Points (5; =93rd with Salernitana (IT) ahead of Burnley (EPL; 4) and Almeria (SP; 3)
Wins (1; =81st with 12 other teams, ahead of winless Salernitana and Almeria)
Draws (2; =62nd with 20 other teams, ahead of 11 teams on one and three on zero)
Defeats (9; =93rd with Köln, ahead of Burnley and Almeria (both on 10))
Goals scored (10; =82nd with 5 other teams, ahead of 9 teams)
Goals conceded (31; 94th, ahead of Darmstadt and Almeria)

...stick this United into Ligue Une, Bundesliga and Serie A we wouldnt be bottom 3.
I vote for Serie A or Bundesliga (cheaper travel to away games for me). Italy wins it on the basis of better food and better hiking.

When can we action this plan? January?

No where near as bad as that Derby team. No one will ever be that bad.
I'll back that statement but the difference between the EPL now and then is huge...even if you just look at Man City and Newcastle as moving from 'beatable' to 'big' (who you shouldn't be able to compete with). And there are still the stand outs as being best of the rest such as Brighton, Villa, etc

We sometimes have games where we seem to lose every first header from defending a set piece.
That's been a real concern. Part of Wilder's successful season was letting opposition get out wide and relying on three quality centre-backs that would win everything that made it in the box. Funnily enough that fell apart with the loss of O'Connell. We're having a real problem this season of playing three central defenders but still not being favourites to win the ball in our box.

Number of assists
'Expected assists'
Shots conceded
Shots on target conceded
Progressive carries
Key passes
Shot creating actions
Progressive carries
Crosses

…but not bottom of the “best league in Europe “ !

Things we're not 96th for...

Points (5; =93rd with Salernitana (IT) ahead of Burnley (EPL; 4) and Almeria (SP; 3)
Wins (1; =81st with 12 other teams, ahead of winless Salernitana and Almeria)
Draws (2; =62nd with 20 other teams, ahead of 11 teams on one and three on zero)
Defeats (9; =93rd with Köln, ahead of Burnley and Almeria (both on 10))
Goals scored (10; =82nd with 5 other teams, ahead of 9 teams)
Goals conceded (31; 94th, ahead of Darmstadt and Almeria)
Which would indicate we've been a bit fortunate?

Hopefully performances will start to improve as well as results

Back
Top Bottom