Other things United are 96th out of 96 in

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Easy enough premise. 96 teams in the top 5 Euro leagues. I mentioned on another post United are last in all ball carrying statistics. Also 96th in (in no particular order)

Number of assists
'Expected assists'
'Expected assists' against
Shots conceded
Shots on target conceded
Progressive carries
% of long passes completed
Key passes
Shot creating actions
Shots created from successful take ons
% of times tackled when attempting a take on
Progressive carries
Opposition carries into the United penalty area
Opposition touches in the United penalty area
Crosses

United are pretty much bottom 10 in every attacking statistic available, and a lot of the defensive success statistics (90th in aerial duel's won % for example)
But not bottom of the league…

This thread is kryptonite for the clappers. The stats are hardly surprising though and could be summed up by “shit at attacking and shit at defending with a piss weak midfield”

Yes, I agree totally. I also feel we’re far too negative in our approach.
A bit more aggression, a bit more evidence of an attacking plan and a bit more speed of thought and I think most would accept the defeats. This is a tough league and it's certainly not an ideal squad.

With help. If we'd had 3 own goals and 2 penalties, and our winner v Forest not wrongly chalked off by Darren England on VAR, we'd have made up at least a point!

I think! 😭
You’ll struggle to get much sympathy on here.

I’m also not sure you’ll convince anyone that penalties and own goals count less than Vinceball goals.

Easy enough premise. 96 teams in the top 5 Euro leagues. I mentioned on another post United are last in all ball carrying statistics. Also 96th in (in no particular order)

Number of assists
'Expected assists'
'Expected assists' against
Shots conceded
Shots on target conceded
Progressive carries
% of long passes completed
Key passes
Shot creating actions
Shots created from successful take ons
% of times tackled when attempting a take on
Progressive carries
Opposition carries into the United penalty area
Opposition touches in the United penalty area
Crosses

United are pretty much bottom 10 in every attacking statistic available, and a lot of the defensive success statistics (90th in aerial duel's won % for example)

But other than that things are looking pretty good right now...

With help. If we'd had 3 own goals and 2 penalties, and our winner v Forest not wrongly chalked off by Darren England on VAR, we'd have made up at least a point!

I think! 😭
We can all get along knowing that relegation awaits us.
How different it will feel going away to your place in a few weeks compared to at the end of last season.

I think! 😭
Don’t kid yourself. Burnley are bottom 10 in a lot of this stuff as well

But looking at it from a purely analytic point of view, with previous performance predicting future results, Burnley have a lot less distance to travel to mediocrity than United do

Last edited:
Don’t kid yourself. Burnley are bottom 10 in a lot of this stuff as well

But looking at it from a purely analytic point of view, with previous performance predicting future results, Burnley have a lot less distance to travel to mediocrity than United do
I'm surprised we aren't challenging you for 96th place in most of them!

We can all get along knowing that relegation awaits us.
How different it will feel going away to your place in a few weeks compared to at the end of last season.
The only killer would be if they introduced VAR in next year's championship. As long as they don't do that, I can bear relegation. I hope at least one of us survives!

Back
Top Bottom