We're one of the 'Big 7'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Clubs with the most FA Cup Semi Final appearances during the Premier League era...
Chelsea - 16
Arsenal - 13
Manchester United - 13
Manchester City - 8
Spurs - 8
Liverpool - 7
Sheffield United - 5
Interesting fact*, Chelsea have been in 16 semi finals and 19 finals.

*this might not be true

Yes, give us some extra money for that! 😄

Clubs with the most FA Cup Semi Final appearances during the Premier League era...
Chelsea - 16
Arsenal - 13
Manchester United - 13
Manchester City - 8
Spurs - 8
Liverpool - 7
Sheffield United - 5

Stick it on the wall.

That's pretty impressive tbf..

Chelsea - 16
Arsenal - 13
Manchester United - 13
Manchester City - 8
Spurs - 8
Liverpool - 7
Sheffield United - 5
Semis won in that time:

Chelsea - 13
Arsenal - 10
Man Utd - 9 (1 to play)
Man City - 3 (1 to play)
Spurs - 0
Liverpool - 6
Sheffield United - 0 (1 to play)

Yet no cigar…

Yet you can be 100% certain in the run up to the Semi Final we'll get all the usual patronising guff from the BBC and ITV about 'the Sheffield United fans should make the most of the occasion because days like this don't come along too often for clubs like them.'

Well, actually, days like this DO come alomg fairly often for our club.

Yet you can be 100% certain in the run up to the Semi Final we'll get all the usual patronising guff from the BBC and ITV about 'the Sheffield United fans should make the most of the occasion because days like this don't come along too often for clubs like them.'

Well, actually, days like this DO come alomg fairly often for our club.
I hate national media types talking about my club, it makes my skin crawl. TalkSPORT’s Alex Crook has already said Man City have been handed a bye into the final. If us Blades keep listening to shite like that over the next month, we’ll end up believing it.

I heard someone on the radio or telly, I can’t remember which, but they were talking about the game and they said ‘Sheffield United, haven’t been in an FA Cup semi final since, 2014’

I thought fucking hell, nine years, embarrassing 🤣🤣🤣

I hate national media types talking about my club, it makes my skin crawl. TalkSPORT’s Alex Crook has already said Man City have been handed a bye into the final. If us Blades keep listening to shite like that over the next month, we’ll end up believing it.
I heard that too and thought it offensive. But having reflected I am taking the view that the more of this the better as I am hoping that Man City will be the ones who end up believing it …

Semis won in that time:

Chelsea - 13
Arsenal - 10
Man Utd - 9 (1 to play)
Man City - 3 (1 to play)
Spurs - 0
Liverpool - 6
Sheffield United - 0 (1 to play)

Boooo....there's always one who spoils a positive stat

Chelsea - 16
Arsenal - 13
Manchester United - 13
Manchester City - 8
Spurs - 8
Liverpool - 7
Sheffield United - 5
In only one of those were we a premiership team.
Verses Pigs
Good record over last 30 years.
Ironically we only appeared in one semi between 1936 and 1993.
1961 verses Leicester 3 matches to sort that one out ! We of course lost as we do and again we were not in the top division.

'Premier League Era' record. For a competition that's nothing to do with the PL. This is the FA Cup. Why should FA Cup records achieved before the re-naming of a different competition be irrelevant? Football didn't start, or even change much, in 1992.

'Premier League Era' record. For a competition that's nothing to do with the PL. This is the FA Cup. Why should FA Cup records achieved before the re-naming of a different competition be irrelevant? Football didn't start, or even change much, in 1992.
Spot on BUT it makes our 'record' look good 😛😛

Because if we look at it over a longer period of time our record doesn't look quite so good!!!

How many of the 5 did we win ? Its time for a change.

My son in law is Newcastle fan and went to Carabao cup final. First trip ever to Wembley or any "big game" like PO Final ever! Since 1993 We've had 4 semis (+1 to come) 2 semis in League Cup, 4 PO Finals. Not bad. If only we could win one of the big games!

We even lost the Watney cup final on pens . But had a moment of Glory beating Barnsley 9 v 0 in the S and H county cup final ,Mind you i saw Man City beat Burton 9 v 0 in the leauge cup Semi .

Back
Top Bottom