Video on sky sports football app - our owner talking about Wilder's departure

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Prince believes in Aaron and Rhian becoming cornerstones to our future success. Not much about the other signings.

We're so Wednesday on here aren't we. This is like that pathetic Pulis interview where he told them he wanted to be better than us then they were all fawning over him. Prince talks well but we'll soon find out if he has any idea how to stop us sliding back into the wilderness.
Wilder was doing a very good job of ensuring we slid back into the wilderness. The same boring, pedestrian, negative football week in, week out. But to be fair, we can’t expect to go toe to toe with PL teams can we?

Wilder was doing a very good job of ensuring we slid back into the wilderness. The same boring, pedestrian, negative football week in, week out. But to be fair, we can’t expect to go toe to toe with PL teams can we?
Brilliant

Do you even pretend to be a blade or you just a proud troll?

Believe it or not I can support the club and still take a swift dislike to a manager who reportedly demanded 4m to leave. Yet it seems like you took aim at my post in particular when other people appear to agree and have similar thoughts in this very thread.

Comes across very well and as others have said nothing seems farfetched or out of the ordinary in terms of what we've heard already. He's taken a lot of flak since Wilder left and I think many need to pipe down now. He's raised many fair points throughout that interview and there's plenty of logic behind the decisions he's had to take.

Resigning and still wanting a 'sacking' pay off doesn't sit right, especially when you've repeatedly said you treat the club's money as your own. That is very hypocritical. And for people saying he deserves £4m for what he's done, he's been rewarded throughout his time here through improved contracts and bonuses. What other owner offers shares to the manager in their parent company (or whatever United World is)? Granted it's not a billion pound oil empire but that generosity is far beyond what you see or hear in football.

Not an easy one mate and totally get your point. I just want to see progress on managers rather than raking over the past. There’s two options out there - one has expressed interest and one is unemployed. Need to make it happen.

But now we’re (the fanbase) going over this divisive, tittle tattle crap again.

If he doesn’t do an interview all these myths about CW being sacked and that a DOF was to be installed carry on and on.

All the interview has done for me is confirm what I presumed had happened from the Prince’s point of view. Of course CW might have a different story but all we’ve heard about that is hearsay, some of which has been dispelled in the Prince’s interview.

I think he had to come out and address a lot of the points he has. As long as he draws a line under it and moves on with the club then I don’t see the issue with this interview tbh.

I don't think it's 'tin pot' for PA to give this interview. As a fan I now have an understanding of the Prince's point of view, whether I agree with all, some or none of it. It wasn't a hatchet job on CW at all. It probably was aimed at addressing some of the comments made and criticism he's come under since CW's departure and I think that's fair enough. I'd rather hear his views in his own words rather than some cloak and dagger stuff on social media via an alley.

If CW was stubborn about his transfers, and the club has backed him in this, despite a different view, then he must accept responsibility for our current plight.

What I did hear from PA gives me cause for optimism for the future. As folk have said, let's judge him by his actions, but I suspect he wants to do the right thing by the club and will do what he can, within his means, to get us back up. If that is the case it's all we can ask for really.

Believe it or not I can support the club and still take a swift dislike to a manager who reportedly demanded 4m to leave.
Ignore him. He supports Wilder, not the Blades. He’d rather slag off the club than accept Wilder had faults. He probably stands outside Wilder’s house all day hoping to get a glimpse of him.

That interview doesn't address the issue of why Wilder wanted to walk away in the first place. Are we supposed to believe he just changed his mind about being Sheffield United manager one night?

Prince Abdullah also states that he wants the board to make the signings, based on a shortlist of players provided by the manager. Maybe this is one of the reasons? Even if it's not, is that the type of situation that any manager would be OK with?

I doubt we'll ever get Wilder's side of the story, but I don't think anyone can blame either party unless we do.

He wanted to walk because he knew that he couldn't keep us up and had take us as far as he could its that simple

In the process he wanted a few mill and keep his integrity while letting the board take the flack

Believe it or not I can support the club and still take a swift dislike to a manager who reportedly demanded 4m to leave. Yet it seems like you took aim at my post in particular when other people appear to agree and have similar thoughts in this very thread.
Why do you keep going back and editing this? Didn't see many say good riddance to a greedy, mardy, cunt. Ridiculous

The willingness of some of our fans to lap up what the media offer them will never fail to surprise me.

No one is asking the question "what has put Wilder to the point where he wants to walk away?".

I'm not saying Abdullah is wrong or lying, just that some people need to not just accept what they're told like good little lap dogs.
But there is also the willingness of the cult of Wilder to accept the sly digs in interviews and snippets from his pals on Twitter , the prince is taking a load of flak over this and has every right to put his side of it out there
Can’t see how anyone apart from those with their tongues down wilders pants can’t disagree with anything the prince has said in the interview !

Looks like the captain abandoned the sinking ship very noble ..

Captain goes down with his ship - he doesnt jump overboard and take the family silver with him

It's hardly abandoning a 'sinking ship'. We'd already hit the iceberg at 35 knots and had sunk half an hour ago. He offered to resign last year and he didn't storm out or 'jump ship', at the first sign of trouble.

A bit odd for me that the Prince chooses to speak to Sky (PL paymasters) and not put it out through our club channels. Whatever the rights and wrongs, the Prince has shown very little respect to United fans doing it this way. Still no club statement other than Betty's hand wringing bollocks. A genuine 'thanks to Chris' might have been nice.

There are two sides to every story and we have all seen on various occasions, that Chris can be a mardy twat so I'm not anti-Prince.

Absolute top marks to the Prince for making it clear how safe his job was but then again we don't know what else went on.

The important thing now is not raking up the muck and siding with Prince/CW, but getting the right appointment. Time will tell how good a 'football man' the Prince is.

Ignore him. He supports Wilder, not the Blades. He’d rather slag off the club that accept Wilder had faults. He probably stands outside Wilder’s house all day hoping to get a glimpse of him.
Ye I've had a season ticket for wilder since I was 6 years old

The willingness of some of our fans to lap up what the media offer them will never fail to surprise me.

No one is asking the question "what has put Wilder to the point where he wants to walk away?".

I'm not saying Abdullah is wrong or lying, just that some people need to not just accept what they're told like good little lap dogs.
I think I would tend to believe what the clubs owner says to the media rather than hang on every word leaked to social media by Chris Wilder's so called best mate.

Is the interview necessary? I’m not sure the timing helps us as the dust had settled. Again it feels a bit “he said, she said”, which satiates those who want to know more, but appears massively tin pot in my eyes.
There have been loads of accusations thrown at the club which is doing continual damage to our brand and reputation. At a point where we're looking for a new manager and sponsors.
Forgive me if you weren't one of those asking, but there has been a lot of noise wanting to the club to explain what's happened and grumbling about a lack of communication.

Maybe I'm biased, but as someone who vehemently wanted CW to stay and get us back up next season I don't see why I would be, but it seemed pretty fair and on the money. No "he said, she said" just stated he resigned multiple times. That he wanted to leave and the club didn't want him to. While accepting they pulled the plug on January transfers and had concerns about his recruitment at this level.
I'm not sure what Chris could put out to refute it, unless he didn't either ask or offer to resign, in which case why was their a negotiation around his payoff?

They had to put something out and as interviews go, it's not bitter, it's not an attack piece, it seems balanced with a view of moving us forward.

I wouldn't call Wilder Greedy or Selfish, he knows how to look after himself as a manager

He will have learnt this from previous jobs, where he has been fucked over by Players, Agents, Boards and Owners

He is better off money, experience and reputation wise

We are in a better place League and Playerwise, and that includes the Ownership being better

Just waiting for the new man now ...............

Comes across very well and as others have said nothing seems farfetched or out of the ordinary in terms of what we've heard already. He's taken a lot of flak since Wilder left and I think many need to pipe down now. He's raised many fair points throughout that interview and there's plenty of logic behind the decisions he's had to take.

Resigning and still wanting a 'sacking' pay off doesn't sit right, especially when you've repeatedly said you treat the club's money as your own. That is very hypocritical. And for people saying he deserves £4m for what he's done, he's been rewarded throughout his time here through improved contracts and bonuses. What other owner offers shares to the manager in their parent company (or whatever United World is)? Granted it's not a billion pound oil empire but that generosity is far beyond what you see or hear in football.

To be fair.... Treating the clubs money as your own went out of the window as soon as we stopped getting results.

We are going to lose about 30 games in a 38 game season. What was the point in some vanity January signings when we could actually have used that money next year to strengthen when it would have actually mattered.

again he was on 80k per week, so it’s not like there wasn’t money to go around or that hasn’t been spent.

Back
Top Bottom