Gary Sinclair earlier

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I haven’t witnessed any on the kop for probably much more than a decade.
I agree, I go on the Kop and the South Stand, never heard a racist comment in years. Abuse of opposition players is commonplace, and part of what the Lane is about. We are known as a tough place to come and play. I'm proud of that. Give them abuse, make them realise we don't take to namby pambys falling over at a gust of wind. Cheats, shithouses, conning the referee. Proper club, proper fans and no place for racism.

Other than against Luton the other week?... when some neanderthal was guilty of subjecting Morris to it..... which ultimately was probably the main reason behind the announcement.

Balls to solely banning em... it's 2024, put em on the wing! See how their racist views hold up then! Got no tolerance towards it..... rid them of society. Not just football.
Apart from the fact that the Luton thing wasn't a thing. It seems that there's been no follow up on this, and I suspect that Morris didn't hear what he thought he heard.

I can't remember anything racist at Utd in over 20 years.

What happened with the allegation of racism from Luton's Morris the other week? I haven't seen anything else on the matter did anyone face police charges or get banned by the club or was it just Morris playing for time and disrupting the game?
That lot over in S6 are noted for racism and have plenty of previous form for it, I don't see the same problem at the lane.

What happened with the allegation of racism from Luton's Morris the other week? I haven't seen anything else on the matter did anyone face police charges or get banned by the club or was it just Morris playing for time and disrupting the game?
That lot over in S6 are noted for racism and have plenty of previous form for it, I don't see the same problem at the lane.
Been mentioned a few times in this thread, it went quiet because it didn't exist.

Racism undoubtedly exists, it always will while people have control of their own minds and thoughts however we'd do better in fighting it if we worried about the actual racism we see or hear instead of trying to find it where it didn't exist.

It's not gone yet. It will do eventually, I'm sure.
The last few times I've seen/heard it, was from teens hanging around, who they seem to think are the "lads" at the back of the Kop last season.
Whenever an opposition player got the ball who wasn't Caucasian. They would say (not shout) "fucking immigrant".
Then look around for reaction. They are in my opinion a dying breed, 10 years ago they would have been shouting it, now they murmur.

The last few times I've seen/heard it, was from teens hanging around, who they seem to think are the "lads" at the back of the Kop last season.
Whenever an opposition player got the ball who wasn't Caucasian. They would say (not shout) "fucking immigrant".
Then look around for reaction. They are in my opinion a dying breed, 10 years ago they would have been shouting it, now they murmur.
On a similar vein, shouting “faggot” or “poof” at a player seems to have died out; genuinely can’t remember the last time I heard anything homophobic at football.

I admire your optimism but I don't think it will eventually go away, education can help but I think it is a part of human psychology that will always be there in some.

But having zero tolerance of the expression of it (at games and in society generally) has two purposes - it prevents the upset of those who may be on the receiving end, and it (hopefully) prevents youngsters being influenced by it.

I admire your optimism but I don't think it will eventually go away, education can help but I think it is a part of human psychology that will always be there in some.

But having zero tolerance of the expression of it (at games and in society generally) has two purposes - it prevents the upset of those who may be on the receiving end, and it (hopefully) prevents youngsters being influenced by it.
Irvine Welsh gave me my optimism... "1000 years from now, they'll be no guys no girls no race, just wankers." And that's fine by me.

We can remove it as and when we see it. Then if any more pops up, remove that too....and so on.
Yes I don't disagree but to say or think it will be completely eradicated is fanciful or naive, look at football in the 70s and 80s bananas thrown on the pitch , fans refusing to cheer goals scored by black people, NF chants at games, black fans felt scared to come to games , we have moved on a million miles from this, but racism will always exist because peoples perceptions of racism evolve, what people thought was humourous and light hearted in the 80s is now offensive and racist , but until the media stop the agenda it will never change , the game now is the least racist it has ever been in it's 120+ years of existence ,

Racism isn't just a white thing.
Racism works in all formats .
I'm selling items on ebay and a buyer didn't pay . I asked are you paying for this to be told to shut the fuk up you white b*stard , then a volley of anti-white language.
My 2 step kids are mixed race , this person was from Nigeria on their profile and hates white people.

As always racism is a no no , it's never been a major problem at multi cultural bramall lane .
Two incidents at Multi Cultural BL the last two months alone
It is there it’s not gone away get you head out of the sand racism exist everywhere in society

Two incidents at Multi Cultural BL the last two months alone
It is there it’s not gone away get you head out of the sand racism exist everywhere in society
What incidents were these?

Similar to town full of smackheads, just racist instead.
Depends on which town we're talking about. It wouldn't be racist if the town had been in the news because an ISIS cell or terror plot had been uncovered. It would be amplifying a negative aspect about the town, just like if it possessed a large number of smackheads.

I agree it would be problematic otherwise.

I've not heard a single thing in the ground since the late 80s.

Out and about in other places yes. Not in the ground, before or after.

Depends on which town we're talking about. It wouldn't be racist if the town had been in the news because an ISIS cell or terror plot had been uncovered. It would be amplifying a negative aspect about the town, just like if it possessed a large number of smackheads.

I'm fairly sure it was chanted at Bradford because they have a large Asian population.

I don’t think we’ve played away much in Kabul so it probably had racist connotations

There’s 185,000 Mormons int U.K., can’t remember some wag (I say wag I mean twat) chanting about polygamy.

Ps - I took a vow of sexual purity for year when I was 16 and an ugly bastard, so I’m well qualified to talk about Mormons TBF

Back
Top Bottom