Terry Curran

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I went to that and I'm fairly sure he made a cameo appearance. Wish Darren was still posting so he could correct me.

I remember standing in my usual place at the back of the kop and noticing a few unfamiliar faces. I assumed they were part timers until one of them jumped up and shouted 'The Wednesday'. Then it all went off.
I remember that! There was a shout of 'Wednesday!' then a couple of seconds silence as everyone was thinking 'Did that really happen?' and then there was a big surge towards the back of the Kop.

I remember that! There was a shout of 'Wednesday!' then a couple of seconds silence as everyone was thinking 'Did that really happen?' and then there was a big surge towards the back of the Kop.
Yeah, they didn't last long. They were more or less stood next to me. I was still at school and they were blokes so my first though was 'shit, I'm gonna get clipped' but then they just disappeared into a seething mob of Blades.

No longer together
I was too young to remember the Currie era and so the TK testimonial was the first time I really realised what a massive hero Currie was, with loud chants of "Tony Tony Currie" every time he touched the ball. It was as if he was a returning Messiah (which I suppose he was). At the time Billy McEwan was our caretaker manager following Porterfield's sacking and there were chants of "Tony be our manager, Doo-dah..."

How can any self respecting Blade ,
after his on his knees slide toward us on boxing day , following that up by scoring at the lane ,
Have an ounce of respect for this cunt .
Whats worse is 4 pages on the fucker .
I never cheered anything he did in our red and white .
Once a cunt alawys a cunt .
Pig bastard .

after his on his knees slide toward us on boxing day , following that up by scoring at the lane ,
Pig bastard .

Curran was before my time, (and admittedly everything I've heard suggest he was a cunt), but didn't Alan Quinn celebrate in a similar fashion when he scored at the Lane in 03? He wasn't rated too badly for us.

For me it's about what an ex pig (or ex anybody for that matter), does when they're playing for us, not what they've done before. Curran will have had no idea he was going to sign for United at the time.. imagine if we were to beat Wednesday 4-0 at the Lane and one of our players didn't go ballistic for scoring, we'd go mad at him!

Appreciate Curran isn't the best example as by all accounts he was shite for us when he signed, but a lot of people are already castrating Leon for his Wednesday connections before he's kicked a ball in anger for us.. give the lad a chance, if he scores 20 goals this season I'll even buy him a pint at the promotion party..

Pig bastard .
Beautifully worded Dublin :)

Curran was before my time, (and admittedly everything I've heard suggest he was a cunt), but didn't Alan Quinn celebrate in a similar fashion when he scored at the Lane in 03? He wasn't rated too badly for us.

For me it's about what an ex pig (or ex anybody for that matter), does when they're playing for us, not what they've done before. Curran will have had no idea he was going to sign for United at the time.. imagine if we were to beat Wednesday 4-0 at the Lane and one of our players didn't go ballistic for scoring, we'd go mad at him!

Appreciate Curran isn't the best example as by all accounts he was shite for us when he signed, but a lot of people are already castrating Leon for his Wednesday connections before he's kicked a ball in anger for us.. give the lad a chance, if he scores 20 goals this season I'll even buy him a pint at the promotion party..
Did you mean castigating? Or were there fans actually looking to chop his old fella off?

:D

Deej , there is a gulf in what the mighty Quinn , and that shit house ever did for us .
It wasn't about one particular incident at the sty , pity the snooker ( pool ) ball missed the cunt .
No it was his mouth before , during , and after Boxing Day , and the shite he spouted ,
In his stay at the sty .
I have nothing against any player , or manager , that comes to play for or manage us from them ,
Once the proper , quarantine period has elapsed , ( Megson ) will never be acceptable .
If it's true some of our fans ? Booed one of our new signings (scapegoat ) already , then that is not acceptable
in my book .
I fully expect any of our players to go ape shit when they score against the pigs . Wouldn't , ( havent ) we all
I stick to my initial conclusion .
Once a cunt always a cunt .
Pig Bastard .
Just be glad you never saw him shaming , our colours .

I went to that and I'm fairly sure he made a cameo appearance. Wish Darren was still posting so he could correct me.

I remember standing in my usual place at the back of the kop and noticing a few unfamiliar faces. I assumed they were part timers until one of them jumped up and shouted 'The Wednesday'. Then it all went off.

I thought it was 83/84? I'd guess about October 1983. Weds were top of division 2 at the time and both Sheffield clubs went up.

The match was played on 14th November 1983. The team was; Tomlinson, Heffernan, Bolton, West, Stancliffe, Kenworthy, Morris, Arnott, Edwards, McHale and Philliskirk (our scorer in the 1-1 draw). Henderson was the sub replacing Kenworthy. TC didnt play in Cec's 2nd testimonial

The match was played on 14th November 1983. The team was; Tomlinson, Heffernan, Bolton, West, Stancliffe, Kenworthy, Morris, Arnott, Edwards, McHale and Philliskirk (our scorer in the 1-1 draw). Henderson was the sub replacing Kenworthy. TC didnt play in Cec's 2nd testimonial
Derek Dooley's perhaps. I'm sure I saw him in a testimonial as it was the only time I'd seen him play, sadly.

Derek Dooley's perhaps. I'm sure I saw him in a testimonial as it was the only time I'd seen him play, sadly.
Tony Currie played for a select X1 against us (Terry Curran played for us and scored twice in our 8-4 win) in John Flynn's testimonial in November 1980.Tony Currie didnt play at Bramall Lane again until Tony Kenworthy's testimonial in May 1986.Then there was Tony Currie's testimonial in October 1986. He also played in Colin Morris testimonial in Sept 1988 also Paul Stancliffe's in March 1992. He didnt play in Derek Dooley's testimonial in August 1993

Seems weird they played the full first team in the middle of the season and only one substitution. Would be out of the question nowadays.

Just pulling his/her leg - no doubt we were in for him, doesn't look like happening now though

What's happened to the Dazzler anyway BB?

Did we really sign Terry Curran?

And I thought it was all the childhood ritualistic abuse I took from the local Padre(s) that have made me this way.

Terry Curran posted in the "Football in the 60s and 70s" Facebook group this morning with the question "Name 3 ex-footballers". I replied with Tony Kenworthy, Simon Stainrod and Jack Charlton ;) "

You missed Bill Punton, Derek Richardson and Dean Hammond. Didn't realise Glyn Hodges was now Wimbledon's manager.

Back
Top Bottom